Home

Topspin 4 help please

This is a discussion on Topspin 4 help please within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Topspin 4 help please

I purchased topspin4 over xbox live for the 360 and downloaded it onto my hard drive. When I tried to do the academy mode the ball machine would spit out balls but no button on the controller would make my player swing. I tried career mode and whether I or the computer serves it is always an automatic ace...no one is allowed to return the ball. I have confirmed that all buttons on my controller actually work...they even work in the topspin 4 menus.

I have tried deleting the game and reinstalling it twice. The problem persists. Anyone else experience anything like this? Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Topspin 4 help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifemen
I purchased topspin4 over xbox live for the 360 and downloaded it onto my hard drive. When I tried to do the academy mode the ball machine would spit out balls but no button on the controller would make my player swing. I tried career mode and whether I or the computer serves it is always an automatic ace...no one is allowed to return the ball. I have confirmed that all buttons on my controller actually work...they even work in the topspin 4 menus.

I have tried deleting the game and reinstalling it twice. The problem persists. Anyone else experience anything like this? Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks
that's a strange problem, I did a quick good search and browsed the official forums and dont see anyone that had your problems

have you tried another controller?
have you downloaded the patches/updates when the game boots up?
can you hit the ball in other situations besides returning serves?

I'd try posting on their official forums, OS is not exactly a hot bed of tennis, maybe a community manager or dev over there will see your post

https://www.2ksports.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=193

Old 10-23-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
that's a strange problem, I did a quick good search and browsed the official forums and dont see anyone that had your problems

have you tried another controller?
have you downloaded the patches/updates when the game boots up?
can you hit the ball in other situations besides returning serves?

I'd try posting on their official forums, OS is not exactly a hot bed of tennis, maybe a community manager or dev over there will see your post

https://www.2ksports.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=193
I have no other controller to try but I have verified that it works.

I am on xbox live and it doesn't seem to be trying to download any additional patches...and I can't find any way to look for them.

The only way to hit the ball is if you are serving. When I try career mode the computer player starts walking toward the other side to prepare for the next point the moment the ball leaves my racquet on the serve. It is as if the game terminates every point on any mode as soon a ball is fired.

As far as the 2k website this is an interesting chain of failure. I tried to post and it said I could post threads once I registered. I registered and then it says I am not allowed. Then when I tried to contact them about posting...my email will not go through.

I posted here and on the xbox forums in hope that someone else could help. Thanks for trying.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
Rookie

update: I found a customer service phone number on the 2k sports website after looking further. They answered the phone on Sunday morning! and the gentleman informed me that it is a known issue for people who download the game from xbox live. They are working on it and it should work for now as long as I stay logged off of xbox live. They even promised to email me when they have more info on the resolution.

thanks again for your help
Old 10-23-2011, 04:56 PM   #5
Rookie

I have the same problem, thanks for posting about turning off X Box Live. Please post any updates you get.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »