Home

Three Yards 2015 Season Thread (Year 1)

This is a discussion on Three Yards 2015 Season Thread (Year 1) within the Three Yards and a Cloud of Dust forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > Three Yards and a Cloud of Dust
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2015, 12:22 AM   #1
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

OVR: 0
Three Yards 2015 Season Thread (Year 1)

First off, thank you for your interest in this league.

Now, before the league begins and you accept your invites read this post.

You may create a coach, but I prefer using an existing coach. That's your choice.

We will all start with 20 XP. I have found this sufficiently negates most of the BS surrounding the coach glitch in case of adding new members.

Regarding sliders- they are at the current settings used in Saturday Night Lights. I am open to new options, but I want them to be from a tried-and-true set that has been used before, and successfully- preferably in an online dynasty setting.

This part is especially important. Read it closely.

You are expected to play according the rules. I absolutely abhor, despise, loathe and detest players who spam, cheese, and exploit this game's AI. You are expected to follow the rules to a "T." The rules thread is still up and available for your perusal, and all of it holds true to this day,

With that said, I cannot ensure that any of you will read them and take them to heart, so I will state my most basic rules and expectations right now:

1. Stat Padding. ANY unrealistic stats, e.g. multiple 1,500 yard backs, players with in excess of 25 rushing TDs, 20 receiving TDs, or QBs with ungodly combined yardage totals (that is, numbers that would make Cam Newton or Johnny Manziel's Heisman numbers look miniscule) are a humongous pet peeve of mine. The ceiling should be numbers at or below Case Keenum's finest years at Houston under Sumlin- around 6500 total yards of offense per season with around 55 total TDs, max.

This also applies to sacks. If I see you regularly posting 3+ sack games with one player, you are going to be warned, then banned. Every base defensive formation in this game has a "DL Sub" package and many have alternative alignments available to them. Use these the way any reasonable DC would.

You are expected to use your depth charts in a manner that is realistic. Using 3 or more RBs in a game is not that difficult. If you are too lazy and cannot be bothered to pause your game and make a few manual subs and swap in your rotational players occasionally or use formation subs as they are meant to be used, leave now.

Blowouts happen. Games where it "clicks" happen. I get it, believe me- I expect to have a few of these myself. That said, regularly scoring 70 points in a game is insane and most definitely not sim, which is my main objective in how I run a dynasty. (CHEW CLOCK IS YOUR FRIEND)

2. Respect towards other members. If you schedule a game and have to renege on an agreed-upon time, let the player and the commish know. If you no-show, I will be absolutely heartless in allowing the player you stood up to play the CPU- provided you don't let either him or myself know. Don't waste people's free time. Some of us have kids and work and "life" going on around us.

It should go without saying that trashing other people in the forum is not acceptable. Calling out non-sim play and other examples of in-game largesse are encouraged.

TL;DR

I prefer you don't create a coach

Don't make a mockery of the league and game by putting up stupid stats.

Play sim.

Don't be a jerk.

I need PSNs for hbkwess and MEGATRON to complete invites. Otherwise, I sent yours just now.

Last edited by rkwittem; 08-13-2015 at 12:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 09:25 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Three Yards 2015 Season Thread (Year 1)

Truth.

OS Supporters - University of Washington - 5 time National Champion

Saturday Night Lights - Washington State University

Saturday Night Lights Washington State University
Old 08-13-2015, 06:01 PM   #3
Rookie

hbk_wess's Arena

OVR: 4

Actually my psn is hbkwess

Lol
Old 08-13-2015, 09:53 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

We still in preseason? Week 1 user games?
Old 08-14-2015, 06:47 PM   #5
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVVIllx
We still in preseason? Week 1 user games?
Yes, we are waiting for Megatron.

The rationale is simple:
  1. He needs an Orgin/EA Account
  2. He needs to get the game
  3. He plays in a league with only one other member, so I will need to tweak his schedule so that he gets to the requisite 3+ total.
  4. It is very difficult to make an fair schedule for a group of eleven guys when one is missing. I suspect we will hit week 1 tomorrow or Sunday at the latest. Be patient.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2015, 07:44 PM   #6
Peace thru tyranny.

MEGATRON's Arena

OVR: 7

Tracking number says it should be delivered tomorrow!

I also have my Origin and PSN accounts setup.

Last edited by MEGATRON; 08-14-2015 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:11 PM   #7
Rookie

Probably not a good idea to post your tracking number on here as it shows your address on it.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:39 PM   #8
Peace thru tyranny.

MEGATRON's Arena

OVR: 7

Mail just came - no game...

You guys go ahead and start without me. You can probably get in a few games this weekend. It looks like I won't have the game until Monday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > Three Yards and a Cloud of Dust »