Home

Survivor Series - 11/21/10

This is a discussion on Survivor Series - 11/21/10 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2010, 04:59 AM   #185
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Survivor Series - 11/21/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
Very good PPV I have to say. Yes you are correct on this one. HHH has been out for more then 6 months now. It's about time for him to return for one last time. But HHH ain't got much to offer any more. His body is wearing out now. I'm sure this will be his last time as a wrestler if he comes back at all. After that I'm sure him and his wife will sooner or later will take over WWE for good once Vince retires. But HHH would be anice face to see back in WWE for a while to make things fun again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2010, 08:52 AM   #186
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
All this time we thought they were gonna turn Cena heel, but they are actually gonna turn him Uber face. No one ever has or ever will be more face than John Cena. Like OSU said, he is now so face that he will actually fire himself to do the right thing. Ugh, I'm so mad.

My Question is though, do they have a plan to get Cena over as a face for the people that dislike him?

Like, what I mean is that, they cant deny that half the crowd last night was chanting Cena sucks. Ok, he is a super face and he fired himself,etc. But the fact remains that even since I started watching wwe in January/February it seems like more and more people are jumping on the Cena sucks bandwagon and I mean the way this nexus thing went down, I dont think many people are like "You know what, dude fired himself, He doesn't suck, hes cool!" If anything, it just maintained the split opinion of him.

The main point to my question is that if they are insistent on making this guy more face than he is already, are they going to do something that makes me want to like the guy or are they content with the status of John Cena currently in the WWE universe?
Old 11-22-2010, 10:22 AM   #187
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Nothing will beat Survivor Series 1993

All-Americans vs. Foreign Fanatics

Old 11-22-2010, 10:23 AM   #188
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
My Question is though, do they have a plan to get Cena over as a face for the people that dislike him?

Like, what I mean is that, they cant deny that half the crowd last night was chanting Cena sucks. Ok, he is a super face and he fired himself,etc. But the fact remains that even since I started watching wwe in January/February it seems like more and more people are jumping on the Cena sucks bandwagon and I mean the way this nexus thing went down, I dont think many people are like "You know what, dude fired himself, He doesn't suck, hes cool!" If anything, it just maintained the split opinion of him.

The main point to my question is that if they are insistent on making this guy more face than he is already, are they going to do something that makes me want to like the guy or are they content with the status of John Cena currently in the WWE universe?
The problem is the "Cena sucks/it's cool to bash Cena" crowd has existed for 4+ years now. Short of turning him heel, there really isn't anything to do to appease to these folks. Cena was great during the Nexus storyline. And these people still think he sucks? It's because it's the cool, 'internet' thing to say he sucks. But when he returns those same ones saying he sucks will be cheering the loudest, just like what happened RR 08.

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 11-22-2010, 11:43 AM   #189
MVP

OVR: 14

Maybe wwe feels like majority of the fans are too smart now to turn cena heel. Like someone said its 50/50 hate him love him....turn him heel and its the same thing except switched and its the kids and women booing and the people who hated him loving the freshness.

No mention of the cena/cole hug, and snubbing king? What was that all about?

Cena leaving his gear in the ring...saying bye to the fans...hugging cole whos been kind of heel supportive lately...could all be signs. I doubt it tho.

Follow me on www.twitter.com/thedrozd

Last edited by MagicBucsWsoxFan; 11-22-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:16 PM   #190
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBucsWsoxFan
Maybe wwe feels like majority of the fans are too smart now to turn cena heel. Like someone said its 50/50 hate him love him....turn him heel and its the same thing except switched and its the kids and women booing and the people who hated him loving the freshness.

No mention of the cena/cole hug, and snubbing king? What was that all about?

Cena leaving his gear in the ring...saying bye to the fans...hugging cole whos been kind of heel supportive lately...could all be signs. I doubt it tho.
I wouldn't read too much into it. Cole despite being pro-heel and a heel himself has always been a big fan of Cena in his commentary (except when fighting the Miz, lol). "AA!! AA!!"
Old 11-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #191
MVP

OVR: 14

True, but to ignore king? Its not like King was ever unsupportive, and while Cole has been pro-cena, he in general has been getting heel type heat.

Follow me on www.twitter.com/thedrozd
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2010, 01:32 PM   #192
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
I wouldn't read too much into it. Cole despite being pro-heel and a heel himself has always been a big fan of Cena in his commentary (except when fighting the Miz, lol). "AA!! AA!!"
It was kinda weird that he completely ignored King and Striker.

I just want to say that I do not hate Cena. I just want to see his character evolve. I would definitely be a part of the Cena sucks crowd but only because IMO the super Cena character is getting old. If it came down to Cena leaving wwe (for real) or continuing the super Cena gimmick I would want him to stay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »