Home

Bold prediction...

This is a discussion on Bold prediction... within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-16-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 55
Bold prediction...

Ezekiel Jackson will be either the WWE Champion or the World Heavyweight Champion before 2012, barring injury.

I know it sounds crazy, but I've really been thinking about it lately and it makes sense to me. Especially considering the recent face turn they have given him. The monster heel gimmick he had was fine, but that can't really work without a manager since he is limited on the mic and we all know the WWE hates managers these days. For him to get over as a face, he doesn't need to be anything other than an unstoppable force in the ring and win matches in dominant fashion. Think Goldberg or something along those lines.

He was the last ECW Champion in history and was all set for a big push when he suffered that quad injury earlier this year and missed six months. His work in ECW was vastly underrated and the guy can work a match when given the opportunity. Don't believe me? Watch his ECW Championship match against Christian at the Royal Rumble earlier this year.

Plus, given all of the work the WWE has put into this guy they really must see something there. Between him being the final ECW Champion, the fine tuning they've given him down in FCW and sticking with him through his injury, I truly believe they are still going to give him that big push he was due to receive earlier this year.

If, and that's a big IF, he can get over with the fans, I could see him being at least a transitional champ by beating someone like Sheamus or The Miz (if he ever cashes in) on Raw or someone like Swagger or Del Rio over on SmackDown next year.

All this guy has to do is get over and the sky is the limit...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2010, 03:41 PM   #2
LETS GO METS!!!

Sheamazin's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Bold prediction...

Totally agree with you here. I was thinking the same thing last night. Their going have stack up some really dominating W over some lower card guys and then thrust him into a fued with someone like Sheamus to really get him over.
NCAAF: Rutgers Scarlet Knights/Michigan Wolverines
NCAAB: Michigan Wolverines
Old 11-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheamazin
Totally agree with you here. I was thinking the same thing last night. Their going have stack up some really dominating W over some lower card guys and then thrust him into a fued with someone like Sheamus to really get him over.
THANK YOU!

I shared my theory about this with three of my friends who are wrestling fans last night and this was the response:

Friend A - I totally agree with you man. This guy is going to be a force, he just needs to get over.

Friend B - I don't know. I see it, but I don't see it. Probably not, stranger things have happened.

Friend C - No way in hell. It is never going to happen in a million years.

Pretty strange that three different people would all have completely different reactions about this.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:51 PM   #4
Banned

Oh, and if Mark Henry's no personality having fat *** can get over with the crowd, so can Zeke.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

I don't think it's too much of a stretch. He's already won a midcard championship, he just needs that feud to elevate him to the next level.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
LETS GO METS!!!

Sheamazin's Arena

OVR: 29

The King of the Ring tournament is coming up soon. Could see him getting his push started there. Maybe winning it or losing in the final to Daniel Byran.
NCAAF: Rutgers Scarlet Knights/Michigan Wolverines
NCAAB: Michigan Wolverines
Old 11-16-2010, 04:05 PM   #7
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
THANK YOU!

I shared my theory about this with three of my friends who are wrestling fans last night and this was the response:

Friend A - I totally agree with you man. This guy is going to be a force, he just needs to get over.

Friend B - I don't know. I see it, but I don't see it. Probably not, stranger things have happened.

Friend C - No way in hell. It is never going to happen in a million years.

Pretty strange that three different people would all have completely different reactions about this.
I'm with person B, leaning more towards it's not happening, at least not in the time frame you've given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheamazin
The King of the Ring tournament is coming up soon. Could see him getting his push started there. Maybe winning it or losing in the final to Daniel Byran.
Your 2011 King of the Ring = Alberto Del Rio... but you... you already know that!
Old 11-16-2010, 04:11 PM   #8
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
I'm with person B, leaning more towards it's not happening, at least not in the time frame you've given.
I fail to see the problem with the time frame. He's got a year plus a month and a half. I could easily see him winning it sometime during the summer/fall if he can get over in the spring.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »