Home

Monday Night Raw - 3/28/11 - The annual WrestleMania go-home show...

This is a discussion on Monday Night Raw - 3/28/11 - The annual WrestleMania go-home show... within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-31-2011, 04:23 AM   #257
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Monday Night Raw - 3/28/11 - The annual WrestleMania go-home show...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorldIsYours
Not my words but I agree 1000 %. The Rock is back and people are just expecting him to show up every single show like this is 1999 again. Cena's arguement sucks. Nobody cares about you loving kids, loving hip hop, and all of that Hustle, Loyalty, Respect garbage that you preach every damn week. Cena does not want people judging him but he was the one who judged Dwayne or Rock or David Arquette(thanks 55) and said he was a liar etc.

Also after 7 years people are just expecting Rock to come in and be The Rock of old.
I agree. I think the bulk of people here had realistic expectations (and maybe even more skeptical views) of what this is, but there are always people who want more. Personally, as much as I miss and will miss certain performers (HBK, HBK, and HBK come to mind), I like a fair chunk of the newer talent and just want WWE to move on in a meaningful direction with them and create NEW moments.

As far as Cena, based on how everything went down, I'm not so sure all the boo-hooing was entirely Cena's argument. I think a chunk of it was simply The Rock taking his medicine (so to speak) from Vince for not being as receptive or supportive towards WWE while pursuing acting. It wouldn't be the first time in-ring talent became Vince's mouthpiece when he wants to publicly make a point.

Also, while I doubt it would be used for such purposes, I love that Cena came of hypocritical and defensive and then snuck the Rock at the end. It would be the perfect setup for a heel turn. Again though, I doubt it would be used for that, but it's nice to dream.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 03-31-2011 at 04:26 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:49 AM   #258
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorldIsYours
Not my words but I agree 1000 %. The Rock is back and people are just expecting him to show up every single show like this is 1999 again. Cena's arguement sucks. Nobody cares about you loving kids, loving hip hop, and all of that Hustle, Loyalty, Respect garbage that you preach every damn week. Cena does not want people judging him but he was the one who judged Dwayne or Rock or David Arquette(thanks 55) and said he was a liar etc.

Also after 7 years people are just expecting Rock to come in and be The Rock of old.
I like the Rock, but there was a lot of truth in Cena's promo Monday. The Rock comes back, says he's BACK, and then goes and does a bunch of satellite promos. I get that he might be busy doing movies, etc, and I'm happy that he's back - a bit of Rock is better than no Rock at all; but there's some truth to what Cena said about the Rock just leaving and taking so long to come back, Bringing It via satellite, etc.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:14 PM   #259
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
I like the Rock, but there was a lot of truth in Cena's promo Monday. The Rock comes back, says he's BACK, and then goes and does a bunch of satellite promos. I get that he might be busy doing movies, etc, and I'm happy that he's back - a bit of Rock is better than no Rock at all; but there's some truth to what Cena said about the Rock just leaving and taking so long to come back, Bringing It via satellite, etc.
I agree with that aswell but if Rock would have never said "I'm never going away" nobody would have unrealistic expectations and expect for him to show up every single show. What good it would have done to have Rock show up every show, does it help Wrestlemania or does it hurt Wrestlemania.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:21 PM   #260
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Thanks. I'm just glad the guy to my right in the Bulls jersey was looking away. The way I had to line up the pics for the camera to stitch them, the third picture was really just him. It might've been awkward if he looked over.

I was amazed at his efficient the whole event is run too; and that's even after attending dozens of events. They changed the start time to 6:45 local (Raw here is 8:00-10:05 for those that don't know the time zone) and even starting a little late, they had a dark match of Mark Henry vs. Ted Dibiase, followed by NXT. Quick change of the ring skirts and it's Superstars followed by the live cut-ins on USA ten minutes before Raw while they're still changing things over to Raw (GM podium/Cole Mine, among the usual). Then switching everything to Smackdown as Rock is leaving the ring to get a couple matches taped for that. Followed by the dark match main event. I always like watching some of what the crew is doing, but this Monday was the most I'd seen them have to do. Like I said though, very efficient.
I know what you mean. I have been to a couple shows where they taped SD, ECW and RAW. I have a thing for stadium architecture and I love getting there early so I have time to get down by the titantron and look around.

Pretty cool how that stuff goes up. Had a buddy snag some pics when he worked as arena crew. The titantron is so many parts just and all but the stage is off the ground.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »