Home

WWE Network Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Network Discussion Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2024, 09:09 PM   #10097
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE Network Discussion Thread

A day late but the WWE Network would have turned 10 yesterday if it didn't get merged with Peacock. I miss the old WWE Network...

Old 02-25-2024, 09:22 PM   #10098

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
A day late but the WWE Network would have turned 10 yesterday if it didn't get merged with Peacock. I miss the old WWE Network...

I mean the network does still exist (for now), just not for the US.

But January 2025 is when it's officially dead.

I'll miss it too. Regardless if the Netflix interface is good or not (it probably isn't and we'll be stuck on the same Peacock format where I'm not watching Raw on January 21st 2002 or something, I'm watching Raw season 10 episode 4), it won't feel the same.

We've had it as a tv channel here and I've loved having it. In the middle of an intermission/halftime/commercial or something I could just flip over to the network and catch a few minutes of the most random wwe stuff. Many times it's less exciting things like a rerun of the bump, or just some show/ple from 2012 or something, but every so often you'd just see them airing something like a WCW PPV from 1997 or Best Of __ which might be some match from 1989 or whatever it might be.
Old 02-26-2024, 02:17 AM   #10099
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
I mean the network does still exist (for now), just not for the US.

But January 2025 is when it's officially dead.

I'll miss it too. Regardless if the Netflix interface is good or not (it probably isn't and we'll be stuck on the same Peacock format where I'm not watching Raw on January 21st 2002 or something, I'm watching Raw season 10 episode 4), it won't feel the same.

We've had it as a tv channel here and I've loved having it. In the middle of an intermission/halftime/commercial or something I could just flip over to the network and catch a few minutes of the most random wwe stuff. Many times it's less exciting things like a rerun of the bump, or just some show/ple from 2012 or something, but every so often you'd just see them airing something like a WCW PPV from 1997 or Best Of __ which might be some match from 1989 or whatever it might be.
What I really liked was the original shows they had on there and I wish WWE would bring some of them back. Legends House was actually my favorite but then there was Wrestlemania Rewind, The Monday Night War, Ride Along and a few others.
Old 03-12-2024, 10:49 PM   #10100
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Lol the fun days

NSFW

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3ig2...FjbjN2YWM2bHMw
Old 04-01-2024, 08:53 PM   #10101

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Watching some older Wrestlemanias... and WM11 has to be one of the strangest.

Obviously it's a down period in pro wrestling in general, financially and attendance wise. This is the 2nd lowest attendance for a WM ever (assuming you combine the attendance for the 3 locations of WM2), and the PPV numbers were pretty bad.

Not sure if it's a matter of the Lawrence Taylor experiment being to blame, or if it's the WWF in general being super cold. Or both. The celebrity involvement overall on the show was definitely a significant step up from the previous few years, but it didn't matter.

This card overall could have been so much better. Particularly the usage of Bret Hart and The Undertaker. Both were completely wasted. Undertaker in particular feels very stunted at this point in his career. His character needed the Attitude Era to come along. And Razor Ramon vs Jeff Jarrett ended in DQ, which feels very dumb for a WM singles match.

Plus you have names like Lex Luger, British Bulldog and Owen Hart doing tag matches. The event needed at least one more high level singles match. Bret vs Owen would have been an easy one here.

HBK vs Deisel should have been better. Just like Shawn vs Austin should have been better. And Shawn vs Bret at WM13 should have been ... a thing lol. But that's just Shawn in this era I guess. Nash is pretty great considering how green he still was, imho.

Overall the show feels like a culmination of the mediocrity and bizarre decisions from the 2nd half of 1994 onward. You spend your time doing things like giving Bob Backlund the world title, Undertaker vs Undertaker, and having a babyface Doink running around on every show, and this is what can happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2024, 10:36 PM   #10102

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Road to WMX8 was such a crazy one. Not even at No Way Out yet and the build for the NWO is funny in hindsight knowing what we know now about the politicking (I'm sure it was known back then, but not by as much of the audience). Flair basically begging Vince not to bring them in, but it sounded more like he was saying that because he knew what those guys could do behind the scenes. They even showed the fingerpoke of doom on the "NWO highlight reel"!

And during this same time, we have HHH/Stephanie renewing their wedding vows. Say what you want about "sports entertainment" and the over the top soap opera nature of stuff, but many times that's what makes watching the shows that much more fun than just wrestling.

That whole night was crazy. Them getting ready to renew their vows, HHH finding out Stephanie isn't pregnant, and the crowd and tv audience all know going into this segment that HHH knows, but Vince and Stephanie don't know he knows.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »