Home

NXT TakeOver: War Games (11/18/17)

This is a discussion on NXT TakeOver: War Games (11/18/17) within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2017, 12:22 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NXT TakeOver: War Games (11/18/17)

The Dream/Black was my favorite too, I don't watch the weekly shows but it seemed like a great storyline and different than what we typically see. I'm glad Ember one, it doesn't happen often where a wrestler comes off as genuinely excited after they win but she did, same thing happened when Charlotte won on Tuesday. War Games was wild, I loved the scene at the end where it was just bodies laying everywhere. I was skeptical about it being triple threat rules but they made it work. Adam Cole looks like a skinnier, long haired version of Mac from It's always sunny in Philadelphia, which instantly makes him my favorite wrestler on the planet

Last edited by reyes the roof; 11-19-2017 at 12:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2017, 12:44 AM   #42
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
Wow...they actually put the belt on Almas. That match was also better than expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whether it was injury related or not, I liked the change. It was a nice surprise and breaks things up from the usual Champion has a long run while getting the next guy ready. Judging from tonight, and based off Takeover Brooklyn I think everyone figured Cole was going to be set up next to take the title off Drew. So it's a nice surprise title change here and interested to see where they go with it.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:08 AM   #43
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
I don't know if we watched the same match but Dream and Black was my match of the night and was story telling at its finest.
That's cool. Like I said, I liked the buildup and story coming out of the post match, just not feeling the actual match itself outside of a couple moments. Started off fine but for me it just went past my limit (I guess I had one?) for suspending my disbelief on how many times someone can get nailed in the head and still kick out.

It stopped being "he kicked out?!" and went to "he kicked out. again. oh, okay."
Old 11-19-2017, 03:10 AM   #44
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
That's cool. Like I said, I liked the buildup and story coming out of the post match, just not feeling the actual match itself outside of a couple moments. Started off fine but for me it just went past my limit (I guess I had one?) for suspending my disbelief on how many times someone can get nailed in the head and still kick out.

It stopped being "he kicked out?!" and went to "he kicked out. again. oh, okay."

It’s professional wrestling...not a boxing or MMA fight.

Old 11-19-2017, 03:37 AM   #45
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
It’s professional wrestling...not a boxing or MMA fight.

Well yeah...no ****. I'm not saying I thought a guy should be legit knocked out. I'm saying they did too many and kicked out of them in one match that it took me out of the match. Diminishing returns.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2017, 07:13 AM   #46
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
I don't know if we watched the same match but Dream and Black was my match of the night and was story telling at its finest.
Have to totally agree and I'm hoping this feud isn't done quite yet. When Black grabbed the mic I was actually kinda hoping he'd call him Patrick and not Veleteen Dream but I liked the way it ended.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:02 AM   #47
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Drew McIntyre will be having an MRI done as it’s feared he suffered a torn biceps in the match.

Which is a shame cause it looked like he was on the fast track to getting called up.

Old 11-19-2017, 02:02 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
NXT TakeOver: War Games (11/18/17)

Quote:
Drew McIntyre will be having an MRI done as it’s feared he suffered a torn biceps in the match.

Which is a shame cause it looked like he was on the fast track to getting called up.

Actually it was Almas who on the fast track to get called up. He was supposedly going to be called up sometime soon. But obviously that’s not happening for a few more months at least.

Also I’m 100% here for Almas vs Cole at Rumble weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by redsox4evur; 11-19-2017 at 02:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »