Home

The WWE RAW WEEKLY Thread

This is a discussion on The WWE RAW WEEKLY Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2019, 04:17 PM   #145
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The WWE RAW WEEKLY Thread

It shows that WWE is worried about AEW and taking them seriously. Will it lead to an improved product? Only time will tell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2019, 04:43 PM   #146

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
It shows that WWE is worried about AEW and taking them seriously. Will it lead to an improved product? Only time will tell.
Only way it'll change is if they decide they don't need to control everything, dictate to the audience who deserves to be on top and "over," ignoring audience reaction long term, and present everything in such a neutered and over-produced way.

As long as they keep filling up football stadiums and making huge money on TV deals that ain't happening.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:01 AM   #147

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't see AEW impacting WWEs on screen product much unfortunately. What I can see it impacting is the people who appear on it.

I'm sure WWE has the "if you don't want to be here, there's the door" mindset to superstars, knowing the majority of superstars will be worse off financially away from WWE than in their current spot in WWE. There's probably even some jtgs on the roster.

If AEW can at least pay guys a decent amount, that'd be huge for them. I don't know what roh or impact pays, but I know I heard guys having issues in the past with being paid in tna. Having an actual US based wrestling company that can pay guys a good enough amount where it'd be worth it to join VS staying in WWE, traveling all over, and being unhappy, can only do good things for the superstars.

Speaking of which, remember just over a year ago when people thought Bryan was gonna leave WWE once his contract was up and wrestle elsewhere? Can you imagine if WWE doctors never cleared him? No doubt he'd have been scooped up by AEW faster than Jericho.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:31 AM   #148
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
I'm sure WWE has the "if you don't want to be here, there's the door" mindset to superstars, knowing the majority of superstars will be worse off financially away from WWE than in their current spot in WWE. There's probably even some jtgs on the roster.
Yea they don't have that mindset at all. They aren't even going release Mike Kanellis...that's right Mike Kanellis. A dude who has had like 25 matches (over half of them Main Event) on TV since joining TV and hasn't worked in over a month.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:02 PM   #149

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

They don't want to, but can't he leave if he wants?
Old 01-23-2019, 12:45 PM   #150
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
They don't want to, but can't he leave if he wants?
No he signed a contract with them. He's in the same situation as Neville was, sitting at home doing nothing for a year or however long his contract runs.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:52 PM   #151

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

It's more like, "if you don't like it, sit at home and slip into further mainstream obscurity, and lose as much name value as we can take from you."

Either way, as long as there's no serious competition for WWE, It's either you play for the Yankees or you play Single-A ball. Even if Single-A ball is often more entertaining to watch lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2019, 09:31 PM   #152
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Raw Preview for Memorial Day 2019:

Brock Lesnar again be on RAW this week as Paul Heyman will announce when he will cash in the Money In The Bank contract. Due to the Wildcard rule, he can cash in on either Universal Champion Seth Rollins or WWE Champion Kofi Kingston.

How fitting on Memorial Day that the future of the United States title will be announced following Rey Mysterio's injury.

Also the 24/7 Chaos continues on RAW!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »