Home

WWE Extreme Rules 7/14/19

This is a discussion on WWE Extreme Rules 7/14/19 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2019, 11:53 AM   #105
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: WWE Extreme Rules 7/14/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Let me steal the words of Tyler Breeze about the preshow: I don’t know why people get disappointed when a good match is on the pre show. I would put an awesome match on preshow to not only give it more time but also to entice people to stick around for the main show.

That's why the 205Live guys usually get the preshow spot. To sell the fans on getting the Network to watch these guys work every week, instead of once a month on a PPV. Also to get the fans into the arena earlier, we've seen times where the first preshow match and the arena is a quarter full. But if you 2 fan favorites in the preshow match, they'll try to get into the arena better. Also there's the kayfabe reason of this match had 2 weeks at most of build and Nakamura earned his title shot literally 5 days ago, so why does he deserve to be on the main card when if he lost the match he would've been in catering or on a beach in Florida instead of wrestling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Love
100% agreement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And I thought Breeze was off on this as well.

This isn't WCW with the cruiserweights. Aren't they even getting rid of 205 live? No one gives a damn about that show and a match from that show on a preshow ain't making anyone stick around for the main show. I didn't even know who the cruiserweights were.

As far as Nakamura and Balor.... now I know you guys will throw out all the **** those two have been involved in but even these two aren't necessarily perennial players anymore. Nakamura got his first intercontinental title and (watching it)it felt no one really gave a damn. I also thought I heard on commentary that they said fans were still trying to fill in so these matches weren't getting anyone seats any sooner.

If we're going to do the, "they should be happy to just be on the card" then yeah, I've got nothing for that.

**** is like saying '03 RVD and Jeff Hardy would've been on the preshow for the hardcore title........ '98 Rock and Shamrock on the preshow for the intercontinental title.....all of this to get fans in the arena sooner....... **** outta here, man.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2019, 12:36 PM   #106
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Yeah, the "entice people to stick around" answer just seems like the same feel-good answer Apollo Crews probably tells himself when he's on Main Event all the time.

Maybe it worked in 95 for the Free for All, but is a preshow these days really a deciding factor for any significant percentage of people? The people watching the preshow are, I would assume, already planning on watching the PPV.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:00 PM   #107
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

The Undertaker match was my favorite of the night. I’m not crazy about this Otis and Tucker team, a lot of their moves look way too choreographed. Other than that I loved the smackdown tag title match, Daniel Bryan is so good. Awesome finish to AJ’s match, he does the little things so well, I loved how during one of his pin attempts he had his hand on Ricochet’s face and was pressing it to the canvas. Ricochet did a backflipping dropkick that I haven’t seen since The Starman in the old Nintendo game Pro Wreslting. I’m fine with the IC title match on the pre show, I can’t remember the last exciting match Nakamura had. Commentary had me thinking Lesnar was going to cash in on Kofi, even if it wasn’t last night. The way they were making it sound like he’s getting lucky and winning matches he shouldn’t be winning made me think Lesnar would eventually squash him. I wasn’t crazy about the main event but the finish was good. I’m indifferent on Lesnar winning, I would have liked to see Rollins get more than one match with AJ and then a feud with Corbin as champ but he’s also just not a guy that will make me tune in
Old 07-15-2019, 02:50 PM   #108

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Yeah, the "entice people to stick around" answer just seems like the same feel-good answer Apollo Crews probably tells himself when he's on Main Event all the time.

Maybe it worked in 95 for the Free for All, but is a preshow these days really a deciding factor for any significant percentage of people? The people watching the preshow are, I would assume, already planning on watching the PPV.
No way someone is watching preshow and is like "Hey, this tag match is good. You know what, I'll impulsively sign up for network to watch this upcoming 4 hour event."

Preshow is really just another way to fit more people on card without making actual event seem as long. Not sure what pay is like for preshow vs main card, especially since guys dont get paid based on buy rates anymore.

Last edited by Majingir; 07-15-2019 at 02:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »