Home

WWE Raw May Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Raw May Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2020, 11:18 PM   #17
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE Raw May Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
IIconics are back! About time.
Unless.....he's NOT the father.

Mysterio with one of the best double entendres in WWE history.

Really though, I want Rollins doing some story like Becky is gonna give birth to the savior, adding to his God complex. Or if this was a diff era, make Rollins a bigger heel by walking out on Becky.
Becky said she is due in December which would make that whole deal where Seth says Becky is giving birth to the savior even better. Though I don't think Becky would want it used in a storyline, she didn't like their relationship being used in storyline last year.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:32 PM   #18

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I wonder where that story does go. Seeing how they said Becky knew beforehand and made the MITB match for the womens title, but seems like Rollins just found out tonight since he didnt know last night at MITB, they have to have some sort of story set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Becky said she is due in December
So does this mean
1. Becky's 3:16 day celebration continued well after Raw went off the air
2. Becky retained the title at WM while technically pregnant?
3. If 2 is correct, that baby is 1-0 at Wrestlemania

Last edited by Majingir; 05-12-2020 at 12:13 AM.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:44 AM   #19
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
I wonder where that story does go. Seeing how they said Becky knew beforehand and made the MITB match for the womens title, but seems like Rollins just found out tonight since he didnt know last night at MITB, they have to have some sort of story set up.

So does this mean
1. Becky's 3:16 day celebration continued well after Raw went off the air
2. Becky retained the title at WM while technically pregnant?
3. If 2 is correct, that baby is 1-0 at Wrestlemania
Here's a link to an interview she did with People Magazine where she talks in detail about how she found out. It in April she found out, so had to be after Mania was already taped. Then she informed them she was pregnant and couldn't wrestle at MITB.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people....ve/%3famp=true

Last edited by UFCMPunk; 05-12-2020 at 03:46 AM.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:12 AM   #20

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Sometimes it feels like modern WWE just can't win lol. A segment like the Viking Warriors vs Street Profits in a basketball basketball should be funny just on general principle, but the WWE having such a long track record of being severely unfunny and unclever kills it before it even has a shot.
Old 05-12-2020, 05:19 AM   #21
Pro

chronoxiong's Arena

Shocked about Becky being pregnant. I dont see how she can come back full-time being a mommy. I feel like this is too soon too since she is still red hot at the moment. The fans care more about her than Vince's favorite Charlotte. Speaking of fans, yeah this moment would have been a memorable one if fans were able to react/cheer for it. So Asuka is awarded the RAW Women's Title like that? What about her briefcase? Does she trade it in or something?

Bobby Lashley continues his ascent with strong booking. Is he going to have MVP has his manager now? How many managers is he going to keep having? Andrade lost to McIntrye again. Okay. Hey look, the tag team champs are having a non-Title match against another tag team. I wonder what this is leading to. Yeah, the IIconics picked up a win over the champs which makes them the next Title contender. Sure. Speaking of Tag Team Champs, I enjoyed the Street Profits vs Viking Raiders in a basketball match. Some might find it lame but I felt it was like a throwback to the 90's comedy shows I used to watch back then.

Seth Rollins continues to be a highlight as his character goes through another evolution. Where are all those haters at now? The ones who kept booing him before 2020 hit. Poor Rey Misterio having to be another sacrificial lamb though. At least he's not Akira Tozawa. I enjoyed Shayna Bazler's promo and her beating Natalya was no surprise. Bazler is doing well so far. Lastly, Randy Orton continues to have these awesome promos when he's motivated. I dont hate seeing him have another match with Edge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2020, 08:12 AM   #22
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Sometimes it feels like modern WWE just can't win lol. A segment like the Viking Warriors vs Street Profits in a basketball basketball should be funny just on general principle, but the WWE having such a long track record of being severely unfunny and unclever kills it before it even has a shot.

Although the MiTB match was pretty clever and funny. Maybe you just dont hit all the shots you take?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-12-2020, 10:04 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Here's a link to an interview she did with People Magazine where she talks in detail about how she found out. It in April she found out, so had to be after Mania was already taped. Then she informed them she was pregnant and couldn't wrestle at MITB.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people....ve/%3famp=true
Has any active full time couple ever had a kid before? I’d imagine that’s the end of her and Seth both being full time performers at the same time
Old 05-12-2020, 10:25 AM   #24

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Turns out the opening segment was as real as it gets. Asuka actually had no idea the title was in the briefcase or that Becky was pregnant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Has any active full time couple ever had a kid before? I’d imagine that’s the end of her and Seth both being full time performers at the same time
Mae Young and Mark Henry?

Seriously though, closest thing I can think of is Brie and Bryan, but I think Brie might have been retired already and Bryan was retired too at the time? HHH was still full time when Steph had their kids (but Steph was occasionally on TV during that time I think). I think Wyatt and Jojo had a kid too when she was still ring announcing?

But nothing like Rollins and Becky situation. But could Rollins be written off too during this? The last thing you'd want during a time like this is either parent, but especially the mother getting the virus. Take every precaution possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »