Home

AEW Rampage Thread

This is a discussion on AEW Rampage Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2021, 12:42 AM   #121
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: AEW Rampage Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Yikes in a good way or a bad way?

I started tuning out half way through, TBQH.

This Cody/Brandi Rhodes reality show is going to be a disaster (pun not intended).

And I guess Danielson moving over to AEW kills off the Bella twins WWE - produced reality show?

How is Tony Kahn going to workaround the whole "sports based/wins matter" supposed aspect of AEW to do Danielson/Omega?

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation
Well look at Ruby, all she had to do was win a battle royal to get around that. So in Bryan's case, it's very easy to have him win the Eliminator Tournament in order to get to that match. Also given Kenny has the Elite, Omega could make Bryan beat members of The Elite so it stretches out the build.

I think Hangman Page is going to win the Eliminator Tournament this year to continue to tell his story and rise to become AEW World Champion as he lost the finals to Omega at Full Gear last year. With everything that happened at Revolution this year, Omega vs Hangman for the AEW Title at Revolution 2022 with Hangman winning would be the way to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2021, 12:56 AM   #122

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

I actually kind of appreciate the mediocre-to-good shows like these, much like the cool down match at a PPV serves a purpose, cooling down after such a hot PPV and then growing into the storylines for the next one seems like a good idea.

Obviously a long term play means we have to wait to see if it's paid off, but AEW hasn't truly let me down yet, and has really rubbed away my layer of 'jaded wrestling fan'

Like I've said before I'm sure the shine will wear off, but gosh it's just nice to ride this high right now
Old 09-11-2021, 01:13 AM   #123
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
I think you’re being overly critical but to each their own.

Crowd was into both Dynamite and Rampage Wednesday night. And in the end…that’s all that really matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Calling it how I see it. I gave props to the opening match, but the two proceeding ones weren't as good.

Didn't say it was a dog**** episode or anything too hyperbolic.

And it does matter that they make Rampage meaningful to watch and especially in such an awkward timeslot.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 09-11-2021, 10:06 AM   #124
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
I actually kind of appreciate the mediocre-to-good shows like these, much like the cool down match at a PPV serves a purpose, cooling down after such a hot PPV and then growing into the storylines for the next one seems like a good idea.

Obviously a long term play means we have to wait to see if it's paid off, but AEW hasn't truly let me down yet, and has really rubbed away my layer of 'jaded wrestling fan'

Like I've said before I'm sure the shine will wear off, but gosh it's just nice to ride this high right now

I get the sentiment but I think you can still put on good shows without having to go all out with debuts/swerves/turns. I both shows could have been much better this week while also allowing time to recover from all out. They had the momentum and needed to keep their foot on the gas IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-11-2021, 09:07 PM   #125

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
That was a good match and it's great to see Andrade doing what he does best.

Not trying to make this a "crap on WWE" post, but the old guy definitely dropped the ball with Andrade, Garza and Vega.

Not sure I understand the point of having Andrade turn on Chavo for cheating. Isn't that what heels (and especially a Guerrero) are supposed to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Yeah I loved Zelina with Garza and Andradae. I thought it was so dumb when they broke them up so quick.

That segment with Tully and Sting was…yikes

I never liked the Zelina/Andrade/Garza trio, I felt it got boring quick, although, it was at the beginning of the pandemic so hard to care about much when nobody is getting a reaction, but Garza was never interesting to me.

As for Andrade dumping Chavo, the only thing I can think of that would even make sense is that he's dumping Chavo for a certain family member of Andrade.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2021, 10:38 AM   #126
All Star

Really? I thought Garza was the more interesting of the pair haha

Old 09-13-2021, 05:14 PM   #127

dubcity's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Really? I thought Garza was the more interesting of the pair haha

Of course you did lol.
Old 09-14-2021, 09:12 PM   #128
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Of course you did lol.

What was interesting about Andrade? Was he great in the ring? Yeah of course, put on amazing matches when they gave him the chance. That series he did with Mysterio was incredible. But other than that? Dude was a void. Garza had some kid of character and a lot more charisma. That’s why I liked them as a team. They had that dynamic like The Hart Foundation or NAO.

But yeah please go ahead and enlighten me as to what was so utterly interesting about Andrade?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »