Home

Good Wrestling Podcast

This is a discussion on Good Wrestling Podcast within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2022, 08:38 PM   #1
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Good Wrestling Podcast

So, I've been in a rut looking for a good, neutral wrestling podcast to listen to.

Unfortunately, a lot of wrestling "media" is one-sided with their critiques & thoughts about modern pro wrestling.

I was wondering if any of my OS brethren can point me in the direction of a good, fairly critical of all/any promotion(s) show?

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 01-07-2022 at 11:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2022, 10:26 PM   #2
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Good Wrestling Podcast

I hate to say it…but what you (and I) are looking for is essentially a unicorn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2022, 07:33 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 2

What do you mean by one sided? In that they’re homers for one company over another?

I think Cheap Heat does a pretty decent job covering both companies despite Rosenberg working for WWE. He kinda plays it down the middle, SGG is a WWE apologist and Diperstien loves all things AEW. So you kinda get it bit of everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-08-2022, 08:50 PM   #4
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
What do you mean by one sided? In that they’re homers for one company over another?

I think Cheap Heat does a pretty decent job covering both companies despite Rosenberg working for WWE. He kinda plays it down the middle, SGG is a WWE apologist and Diperstien loves all things AEW. So you kinda get it bit of everything.

I don't want to sound like I'm "pro - WWE," but I've noticed with a lot of my former favorite wrestling podcasts a clear "preference" for most everything AEW.

Of course, when it comes to the unquestionably bad stuff they've done they "pile on" or state the obvious. Otherwise, they seem to go with what their audience believes is a "great product" from AEW.

I'm of the opinion that all televised wrestling is in a slump or needs invigorating to reach the mainstream audience (or to even reach a bigger audience than the niché one both companies cater to).

It has been a while, but I'm definitely willing to give Rosenberg's podcast a try. Fell off of it when he was going through his "spat" with WWE ("the gloves are off" is how Peter put it ), but he and his team were a solid source previously.

Last edited by J_Posse; 01-08-2022 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-08-2022, 11:38 PM   #5
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8

Not to highjack your thread, but if anyone would like to throw out some of their favorite podcasts, no matter the preference or homerism to AEW, I’d appreciate that as well. Of course, this in ADDITION to the original request.

AEW and what they’ve done and are doing, they’re the reason that I’ve gotten back into wrestling for the first time since a couple years following WCW’s demise. I can’t say enough good about TK and the whole roster, just everything clicking in my eyes and being genuinely entertaining.

My boys being young and enjoying it by my side, that’s certainly been the cherry on top… and my wife is into it and enjoying it as well, which is crazy great. We/they have a crazy amount of figures, two rings and are just all into it all. Every figure I’ve gotten for myself, they’ve talked me into opening for them to enjoy and I have no regrets. Watching them is like seeing myself back in the 1980s and 1990s, enjoying it all like they do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2022, 01:54 AM   #6
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUBlink
Not to highjack your thread, but if anyone would like to throw out some of their favorite podcasts, no matter the preference or homerism to AEW, I’d appreciate that as well. Of course, this in ADDITION to the original request.

AEW and what they’ve done and are doing, they’re the reason that I’ve gotten back into wrestling for the first time since a couple years following WCW’s demise. I can’t say enough good about TK and the whole roster, just everything clicking in my eyes and being genuinely entertaining.

My boys being young and enjoying it by my side, that’s certainly been the cherry on top… and my wife is into it and enjoying it as well, which is crazy great. We/they have a crazy amount of figures, two rings and are just all into it all. Every figure I’ve gotten for myself, they’ve talked me into opening for them to enjoy and I have no regrets. Watching them is like seeing myself back in the 1980s and 1990s, enjoying it all like they do.

No worries about high jacking the thread, man.

I can suggest to you the Solomonster Sounds Off as a good podcast by someone who knows his ****.

I was a long time listener and understand where the direction of his podcast has gone, but he harps on certain tropes that the WWE does too often for my liking. I'd give him a listen if you like a "straight shooter" who knows a bit of history, but be warned he does curse.

And it is awesome that AEW has connected with some lapsed fans like yourself too.

I'm still hoping - in vain - that their presence can lead to another wrestling renaissance so the younger generation of fans can feel something similar to that late 90's era (likely not those TV numbers, tho).

Last edited by J_Posse; 01-09-2022 at 01:58 AM.
Old 01-09-2022, 03:11 AM   #7
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Don't listen to it much anymore, but I like Whatculture's.
Old 01-09-2022, 12:21 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
I don't want to sound like I'm "pro - WWE," but I've noticed with a lot of my former favorite wrestling podcasts a clear "preference" for most everything AEW.

Of course, when it comes to the unquestionably bad stuff they've done they "pile on" or state the obvious. Otherwise, they seem to go with what their audience believes is a "great product" from AEW.

I'm of the opinion that all televised wrestling is in a slump or needs invigorating to reach the mainstream audience (or to even reach a bigger audience than the niché one both companies cater to).

It has been a while, but I'm definitely willing to give Rosenberg's podcast a try. Fell off of it when he was going through his "spat" with WWE ("the gloves are off" is how Peter put it ), but he and his team were a solid source previously.

Yeah I feel you on that “new era of cheap heat” nonsense they went through.

It’s been a lot better IMO since they made Dip a regular on the show because he provides a solid counter to Greg’s stupid takes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »