Home

WWE Raw & Smackdown April Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Raw & Smackdown April Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2022, 11:52 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: WWE Raw & Smackdown April Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Reigns is just on another level right now…

Who can you put in front of him?

Right now? No one. Summer time? Maybe Drew?

I like Breaker long term.

What about Orton? Did him and Reigns cross paths since Reigns became champion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2022, 12:05 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Raw after WM being a big deal can RIP I guess. That was a horrible show that surely won’t hook lapsed fans like myself. Oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2022, 12:10 AM   #19
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
This is also I believe the first crowd post-covid and post-AEW. I believe AEW existing now has something to do with it but like I said earlier, it's probably more fatigue after 4 nights of wrestling.

The old NXT takeover crowds when NXT was at its peak are probably mostly AEW fans now.

In order for that AEW theory to be true you’re implying that the majority of wrestling fans are incapable of enjoying multiple products/promotions/styles.

But yeah that Raw was bad by any metric. Good promos to start and end the show. The Bronn/Ziggler match was good. But that’s kinda it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-05-2022, 01:34 AM   #20
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't mind if the RAW and SD after Mania are just used as a way to wrap things up, start new rivalries and progress certain stories. If that's the case, stop hyping up the RAW after Mania as a big deal and the wildest night of the year, etc. As for the show, like I said it was there to progress storylines to the next week. Cody's promo is the only memorable thing that happened.

- Cody's promo was solid but keep him away from Roman, I know the lure is there to put him in that spot now but him becoming another victim for Roman so soon would be a bad idea. If Finn Balor wasn't US Champion, having "The American Nightmare" as US Champion could work.

- If the Fatal 4 Way Women's Tag showed anything, it was that the Women's Roster needs better booking. They have the talent, give us a midcard title for them. Just having the teams who were in the Fatal 4 Way face off in tag matches was lazy booking. As someone said, I think Rhea joining Edge's group would be great. Yeah way too long focusing on Carmella & Corey kissing, I just wish I was Corey in that moment.

- It took me a bit to realize Ezekiel was Elias without a beard, but this gimmick just screams "Budget Cut Release" in the future.

- Guess Theory is going to get his US Title shot at Wrestlemania Backlash. So random teaming him with the Usos though.

- The booking of Bron has already killed him, this reminds me so much of Roman back in 2015, early 2016. Crown him before he's ready, take the title off him, then win the title again. Vince has gotten to him already, never would have happened in the old NXT.

- I really thought Bayley was going to return tonight to confront Bianca but overall nice promo from Bianca. I'm still expecting Becky/Bianca rematch at Mania Backlash, so likely a Charlotte/Ronda rematch based on that finish so not sure where Bayley fits in at the moment.

- Veer finally came! MVP turning on Lashley, didn't see that coming. I was expecting a full on face turn for the Hurt Business but never mind. Omos needs a mouth piece and MVP is perfect for him.

- The fact the Bloodline came out with both the WWE & Universal Championships gives me 2014 vibes when Orton beat Cena to "unify" the WWE & WHC Championships and carried both belts. So back to Cody, Cody doesn't need to be pushed to the main event right now, give him some quality feuds to get him through the year and then just maybe have Cody dethrone Roman for the WWE Championship while someone else beats Roman for the Universal Championship.

Last edited by UFCMPunk; 04-05-2022 at 01:51 AM.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:46 AM   #21
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
- The booking of Bron has already killed him, this reminds me so much of Roman back in 2015, early 2016. Crown him before he's ready, take the title off him, then win the title again. Vince has gotten to him already, never would have happened in the old NXT.
Well, Bron's got more natural star quality than 99% of the old NXT roster, so of course he's going to be put in important spots (many random and/or dumb because it's WWE) so they can see how he performs.

Hopefully they give him some time for his experience and ability to catch up with that star quality before they bring him up to the main roster (they won't) but I can see why they'd be impatient when they get a prospect like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2022, 03:04 AM   #22
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
More shade thrown...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Brodyxkin...Cyxevh4fgpAAAA
Old 04-05-2022, 04:52 AM   #23
Pro

chronoxiong's Arena

OVR: 2

I enjoyed Cody's promo on RAW. Very genuine and doesn't feel scripted. Wished we could get more of these promos. He made it clear from his promo though and that he's after the World Champion. Seeing Seth Rollins come out and just shook his hand was a cool moment. Liv Morgan's ring attire was hot. Wonder if her partnership with Rhey Ripley is ending since there is word Edge's new stable is going to grow. Speaking of that stable, nice promo from Edge to go over why Damin Priest is with him now. Priest had a nice promo and dealt well with the crowd's chants toward him. I legit laughed at the Kevin Owens promo part when Ezekiel-Elias made his debut. No clue where this is leading but it got me wondering. And omg, Veer has finally arrived to RAW. He took out the Misterios because of course!

Holy crap at Bianca's black eye. So that means Becky hit her hard while Seth Rollins also hit Cody's face hard in their match. Like husband and wife I guess. Solid promo from Bianca as the fans are behind her. Bron Breakker wins the NXT Title from Ziggler. Cool. Sucks to see MVP and Lashley break up but Lashley is ready to go solo again. Omos needs MVP more than ever now. Nice 6 man tag match between Theory and Usos vs RKBro and Balor. Of course, with Theory pinning Finn, its going to result in a Title match. Texas Tornado match was cool too. Roman Reigns promo did nothing for me. How come they are setting things up for Smackdown? The show is on Fox. I'm confused with this. So overall, a lot to enjoy from RAW. Not much lame stuff.
Old 04-05-2022, 07:39 PM   #24

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Orton joining in on Balors entrance was funny.

You can tell when guys are just having fun. This version of Orton and even Lesnar seem like they're having more fun than they've ever had in their careers, and it shows.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »