Home

WWE 2K16 Available for Digital Pre-order (PS4)

This is a discussion on WWE 2K16 Available for Digital Pre-order (PS4) within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2015, 10:31 PM   #1
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
WWE 2K16 Available for Digital Pre-order (PS4)

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...h/q=wwe%202k16

Notable pre-order bonuses include a PS4 theme, the usual customization unlocks (deluxe version only, as usual :-\ ), and something called the "MyPlayer Kick Starter".

I'm not sure that this in-and-of itself deserves its own thread, but I'm using this event to talk (read: complain) about something else.

According to the store entry, the required hard drive space for save data (not the game install size, but save data) is 47 gigabytes. At minimum. So if I install the game (let's say 30-40 GB by itself) and then save a profile, that's nearly a tenth of my hard drive space gone before I create or download a single custom wrestler. By comparison, FIFA 15, which has a roster file boasting thousands of players (maybe tens of thousands), lists a minimum game save data file size of 27 MB on the PlayStation Store; around 99.94% smaller.

Is it just me, or is this requirement patently absurd to anyone else? What in the hell is the game doing that requires so much of my console's hard disc space before I even do anything in the game at all?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2015, 11:28 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2K16 Available for Digital Pre-order (PS4)

FWIW GTA V is 41 GB. And MLB 15 Anniversary edition is 33.6 GB.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:42 AM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
FWIW GTA V is 41 GB. And MLB 15 Anniversary edition is 33.6 GB.
Is that the game's install size or game save data file size for either game?

To be clear, I am not referring to the install size here. The PS Store claims the game's save data (not the game's install size) requires 47 GB.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:52 AM   #4
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

I'd swear I've seen them use that wording for game install size too. I always just assumed they use a template and only change the number. Obviously it's not consistent (FIFA in your example shows game save size) but I know they've displayed game install size this way before.

WWE 2K15 listed as 25GB minimum save size, and I think the save is actually just under 1GB because I remember it taking up nearly all of my online PS+ storage.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:16 AM   #5
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I'd swear I've seen them use that wording for game install size too. I always just assumed they use a template and only change the number. Obviously it's not consistent (FIFA in your example shows game save size) but I know they've displayed game install size this way before.

WWE 2K15 listed as 25GB minimum save size, and I think the save is actually just under 1GB because I remember it taking up nearly all of my online PS+ storage.
Thanks for the clarification. Didn't realize that different companies handled this number differently, and I hope I'm overreacting.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »