Home

WWE 2K16 Universe Mode Returns With New Advancements

This is a discussion on WWE 2K16 Universe Mode Returns With New Advancements within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2015, 04:16 PM   #25
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2K16 Universe Mode Returns With New Advancements

I was planning to play MyCareer anyway for a bit but wow that's a HUGE bug/glitch.

Reed is comin' atcha!!

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2015, 05:31 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavner
Oooh... that's a gamekiller for me. Just went from buy to no buy. I'll have to wait and see now. It may seem silly but that's sort of all I do with the game, so if I can't run my universe as I design it - there's no point in dropping $80 plus dlc $ on the game.
I agree, I'd like to run my Universe the way I see fit. I don't even use the rivalry system or follow the rankings since they have always been screwed up in WWE games. I have little faith 2K will take action. I think this same issue happened with WWE '12 when the game was under the THQ umbrella. If I recall, THQ patched that title issue and gave us classic masked Kane as a sort of apology.

2K really needs to listen to the people and jump on this as soon as possible. If a patch can't be offered they need to explain why titles cannot be manually defended in Universe mode as soon as possible.

Personally, I think it might do with the way Universe is set up this year since there are no longer brands or the brand extension, but that's just a guess at best. Interesting to see if 2K responds to the comments and criticism tomorrow. My understanding is that the WWE 2K message boards have been bombarded, as well as their social media outlets.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:36 PM   #27
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

Not being able to create title defenses is a MAJOR downfall. Still buying it but damn that is a horrible set back if not possible (yet) as most of the time the title defenses the computer makes don't make sense.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 10-25-2015, 06:53 PM   #28
Rookie

The Universe title issue appears to be more of a design decision rather than something that can be patched in but what do I know? Will definitely hinder my Universe plans...was planning on creating titles specifically to be defended on the weekly shows rather than ppvs (TV title, WWE Network title, cruiserweights, etc) but I'm sure I'll find a way to adapt. For example, doing title matches in exhibition and then just reassigning belts as needed in Universe. Granted, that will probably mess up the stat tracking, but whatever...gotta do what I gotta do
Old 10-26-2015, 07:09 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

If its to help story lines play out correctly I don't have a problem with this.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:09 AM   #30
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaAJ
If its to help story lines play out correctly I don't have a problem with this.
Most people I believe book their own shows though and set up their own contenders. It's a lot of work down the drain if you can't book your own title matches and random guys (that you have no clue about) are getting title matches. Even so-called #1 contenders matches in the past haven't necessarily forced a title match.

Stinks that you make your own title matches on the regular shows as well.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 10-26-2015, 10:14 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

I honestly don't understand why they would do this. I'll wait till I have the game Tuesday to take too hard of a stance on this. Obviously it would be better to let titles be defended anytime. I just hope the rivalries work better then they have in the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 11:33 AM   #32
MVP

Smooth Pancakes's Arena

OVR: 1

If I can't run my Universe 100% exactly how I want to run it, then screw that. The Universe is about the only game mode I play. If I can't play it how I want, then to hell with that. The hassle and aggravation is nowhere near worth $60+. I'll just stick with 2K15 for now unless they change it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »