Home

WWE 2K Battlegrounds Available Today - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on WWE 2K Battlegrounds Available Today - Post Your Impressions Here within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2020, 05:16 PM   #9
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: WWE 2K Battlegrounds Available Today - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Take this with a bit of a grain of salt since I'm as casual as you can get when it comes to wrestling. I'm enjoying the game, but in the same way I'm sure a casual football fan enjoys Madden.

I love the look of the game and I think the gameplay, for the most part, is pretty solid. Moves are pretty simple, but some can be a little tricky to pull off. A lot of the mini games (kicking out of a pin) involve mashing the trigger buttons. I have yet to win one of those. It's just not very intuitive for me. A lot of the move sets are the same across wrestlers. It could probably use a bit more variety there.

Most of the wrestlers are locked by default, but I'm having fun trying to unlock them. And it is fairly easy to earn brawler bucks (or you can buy golden bucks) to unlock them. Some are also unlocked playing the campaign.

The campaign is a story mode involving seven (I think it's seven) fictional wrestlers. There's also a Battlegrounds mode where you can take your CAW. Of course, a lot of the CAW accessories are locked by default as well.

I'm planning on having my own little universe using exhibition matches. I wish they'd patch in titles so I can have champions.
Thanks! I've been a wrestling fan for, well, as long as I can remember, although I do not watch current WWE and casually follow AEW, NXT and NJPW.

Legends of Wrestlemania back in the day was similar in the limited move sets, but the game was just a blast to play, same with All-Stars. Sounds like this is along the same lines and honestly, I can't remember the last WWE 2K game I enjoyed, so the more arcade/fun route with these games is where I'd prefer to go anyway.

It's $40, so what the heck? May as well pick it up and see if I like it.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-30-2020, 11:41 AM   #10
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Update: Purchased a physical version for the Switch, which arrived in the mail yesterday. Probably won't get a chance to really dive into the game until the weekend, but I am looking forward it. After watching a few more videos (trying not to spoil much, but did want to see gameplay) I can tell I am going to enjoy this one.

I'll post some impressions afterwards.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 10-05-2020, 02:58 PM   #11
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Limited roster at the start aside, I'm really enjoying my time with this game. The gameplay is pick-up-and-play and most importantly, FUN. Definitely takes me back to the Legends of WrestleMania days. I like the way the story in the campaign is told, and I like the structure of main and side objectives.

No major complaints at this point. Framerate is stable in docked and handheld for the Switch, which is worth noting.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2020, 05:35 PM   #12
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8

Has anyone heard anything regarding a schedule for the DLC releases? I’ve searched and have had zero luck.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »