Home

WWE 2K22 Gameplay - Reigns vs. Balor, Lesnar vs. R-Truth - MyGM Walkthrough

This is a discussion on WWE 2K22 Gameplay - Reigns vs. Balor, Lesnar vs. R-Truth - MyGM Walkthrough within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2022, 01:04 PM   #1
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2
WWE 2K22 Gameplay - Reigns vs. Balor, Lesnar vs. R-Truth - MyGM Walkthrough

Smacktalks have posted some new WWE 2K22 gameplay featuring two full matches. The first one is...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2022, 01:48 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 2
Re: WWE 2K22 Gameplay Video from Smacktalks

Stopped watching when Truth kicked out of an F5 after getting dominated for 4 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-18-2022, 02:00 PM   #3
MVP

Archie56's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
https://youtu.be/EPGCbh3UKBk

It’s nice to see actual gameplay, but is it me or do a lot of the moves look like they are going too fast?
Yes, some moves need to be slowed wayyyyy down.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2022, 02:06 PM   #4
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I assume it was CPU vs CPU. Truth kicking out is just no doubt the damage system at work. Just didn't have enough overall damage to get pinned. Sure, Brock would destroy him in real life and easily pin him in four minutes, but it's a game and that doesn't bother me too much. If I was playing as Brock I wouldn't go for my finisher and a pin that early anyway. Or playing as anyone really.

I thought overall it looked good. Better than the last few 2K games for sure. So much less robotic movement.

I did notice some animations played out too fast like Dan said. Probably just one of those things that will need to be worked on. But a lot of other animations looked great and played out at a smooth and deliberate rate. The one animation of Roman and Fin doing the rope work looked great. As well as Fin's combos that got broken up at the end. Also not seeing a lot of missed strikes and awkward positioning like the previous 2K games.

And speaking of deliberate, overall the gameplay seems more deliberate and smoother. I certainly didn't see anything that has discouraged me from buying the game. I enjoyed 2K19 and 2K20 after the patches, so pretty sure I'll enjoy this.

Something else I noticed, Roman doesn't have his back tattoo in the video. I know I've seen it in screenshots and other parts of the game, maybe a trailer or gameplay. So this tells me this is probably from an older build. Not saying that means the game will be 10X better. But something to keep in mind.

Last edited by PVarck31; 02-18-2022 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-18-2022, 03:12 PM   #5
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I assume it was CPU vs CPU. Truth kicking out is just no doubt the damage system at work. Just didn't have enough overall damage to get pinned. Sure, Brock would destroy him in real life and easily pin him in four minutes, but it's a game and that doesn't bother me too much. If I was playing as Brock I wouldn't go for my finisher and a pin that early anyway. Or playing as anyone really.

I thought overall it looked good. Better than the last few 2K games for sure. So much less robotic movement.

I did notice some animations played out too fast like Dan said. Probably just one of those things that will need to be worked on. But a lot of other animations looked great and played out at a smooth and deliberate rate. The one animation of Roman and Fin doing the rope work looked great. As well as Fin's combos that got broken up at the end. Also not seeing a lot of missed strikes and awkward positioning like the previous 2K games.

And speaking of deliberate, overall the gameplay seems more deliberate and smoother. I certainly didn't see anything that has discouraged me from buying the game. I enjoyed 2K19 and 2K20 after the patches, so pretty sure I'll enjoy this.

Something else I noticed, Roman doesn't have his back tattoo in the video. I know I've seen it in screenshots and other parts of the game, maybe a trailer or gameplay. So this tells me this is probably from an older build. Not saying that means the game will be 10X better. But something to keep in mind.
The game definitely looks light years better than 2k20. I'm really excited for it. Graphically the game just looks incredible. I like that the action seems a bit faster like HCTP. This is the first time in a long time I've been excited about a wrestling game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2022, 03:19 PM   #6
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Another YouTuber said these videos are from the PC version, so not representative of the Next-gen versions as the PC version is last-gen based like Madden and NBA.

Just thought I'd put that out there for what it's worth.
Old 02-18-2022, 04:44 PM   #7
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Another YouTuber said these videos are from the PC version, so not representative of the Next-gen versions as the PC version is last-gen based like Madden and NBA.

Just thought I'd put that out there for what it's worth.
Honestly, I don't feel like there is going to be a HUGE difference graphically in the PC version compared to Next Gen. I bet the PC community is going to come up with some amazing mods though

Old 02-18-2022, 09:03 PM   #8
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: WWE 2K22 Gameplay - Reigns vs. Balor, Lesnar vs. R-Truth - MyGM Walkthrough

Added some MyGM walkthrough videos in the OP link.
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »