Home

WWE 2K14 Universe Mode Thread- How's Your's Going

This is a discussion on WWE 2K14 Universe Mode Thread- How's Your's Going within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2K14 Universe Mode Thread- How's Your's Going

I wonder will divas matches have cut scenes? So I can set up my universe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #26
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

I'd love the ability to wipe the title histories of the main belts or to remove titles you don't want from the title statistics if using custom belts.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Anyone know the minimum number of wrestlers needed for a roster this year?

I want an old school roster but if it's 15 superstars like last year, it's going to be difficult have anything realistic without relying on CAWs.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #28
Rookie

Yung AJ24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevensign
I wonder will divas matches have cut scenes? So I can set up my universe
They should since you can make an all divas show and make diva rivalries.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #29
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@tt
Anyone know the minimum number of wrestlers needed for a roster this year?

I want an old school roster but if it's 15 superstars like last year, it's going to be difficult have anything realistic without relying on CAWs.
I don't know what you mean by that, but you can have 100 CAW slots max.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 2

I think I might make my own CAW and then try the "through time" scenario mentioned earlier in the thread. That's an interesting idea and a nice way to manage the roster - which is so big it'll give you an opportunity to try something really wild like this. And it's not like you can't use the slots more than once if you want to bring a new CAW into the timeline.

I'm thinking of maybe a structure with three periods which I'm thinking of that roughly define early/middle/modern, and each period would have two parts - each part being a full year on Universe mode.

Early Part One here would start around 94' and end in 97' with the Montreal Screwjob. Early Part One would have the rise of WCW and NWO (which is nice considering the first DLC), and the beginning of the Monday Night Wars. Early Part Two would see Hart move to WCW, Jericho and Big Show to WWE, Hardy Boyz and Dudleys in WWE, the Attitude era really heating up in WWE with DX, Stone Cold vs McMahon, The Ministry/Corporate Ministry, Nation of Domination. Really, so much happened from 97' to 99' - such great years. Maybe two parts isn't enough here...

Middle Part One would start around 00' - I'm thinking marked by "The Radicals" moving to WWE and HHH becoming "The Game". Smackdown would gain significance here. I'm going to do The Invasion during the first season of universe mode - but I'll probably change the result significantly and have Shane McMahon keep WCW feeling much more separate (and Stephanie in ECW) - I didn't like the way that angle played out so I'll alter history there. I might actually add a third season here b/c I do want to run a year with Evolution in the WWE post-Invasion.

I missed a few years around here, but Modern Part One will be CM Punk's rise for season one and then after that I'll probably start Modern Part Two with basically the current iteration. That'll be six or seven seasons of Universe Mode and if I can nail down two or three plot points, major feuds or superstars moving to new organizations, for each season for each show, I should have more than an enough to keep me busy and entertained.

Any help to point me to some quick histories year-by-year would be appreciated. I've started a list of when different wrestlers have moved between WWE/WCW/ECW, but if anyone has suggestions I am all ears.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #31
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4

Still not sure if i'm gonna post my universe regularly here. I have no idea how long it's gonna take to get all of the caw I need anyways. Hopefully theres a decent amount that I need out in a week or so. 30 years and Beat The Streak should hold me over until I get what I need.

Is anyone planning on posting their Universe? I want this years Universe thread to top last years! Based on what i've read from you guys so far everyones universe looks unique and really interesting. In any event happy gaming guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2013, 11:21 PM   #32
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmooveMove
Still not sure if i'm gonna post my universe regularly here. I have no idea how long it's gonna take to get all of the caw I need anyways. Hopefully theres a decent amount that I need out in a week or so. 30 years and Beat The Streak should hold me over until I get what I need.

Is anyone planning on posting their Universe? I want this years Universe thread to top last years! Based on what i've read from you guys so far everyones universe looks unique and really interesting. In any event happy gaming guys!
Alot of people will post their universe BUT they won't go into Great detail until possibly this weekend

They will use this week for mostly getting used to the Rivalry Manager and Setting up their Universe

Plus you have 30 years of Wrestlemania and Beat the Streak soooo expect this thread to really take off sometime this week but no later than next week

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »