Home

SimWorld WWE2K14 Experience

This is a discussion on SimWorld WWE2K14 Experience within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: SimWorld WWE2K14 Experience

Are you going to update the HP ratios (Head, Arm, Legs, Body) on the sheet? I've been thinking...if this is for the 360 and you've made "behind the scenes" edits to the wrestlers HP, I'll have to make more edits to compensate for the PS3 to get more realistic results.

As I mentioned before, Goldust beat John Cena, which should probably never happen. So I'm thinking of lowering the mid carders and jobbers REC and TGH ratings, along with the DUR (HP).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #26
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21

if i were you guys, i would start downloading the tools that you'll need now. each downloading process may take a little time. take this time before the final tutorial & actual file drops to setup ur sounds, upload your custom info so that you can re-download it back into your file (you will likely need to so that you don;t overwrite anything... it's possibly that you won't but than again you may depending on what slots your custom content is in) & set up the resigning process so that all you have to do is download & transfer to your 360 when it's time.

@quennie.paula our savedata file is what contains all edits so no you will not need to.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 12-21-2013, 12:26 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0
SimWorld WWE2K14 Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Are you going to update the HP ratios (Head, Arm, Legs, Body) on the sheet? I've been thinking...if this is for the 360 and you've made "behind the scenes" edits to the wrestlers HP, I'll have to make more edits to compensate for the PS3 to get more realistic results.

As I mentioned before, Goldust beat John Cena, which should probably never happen. So I'm thinking of lowering the mid carders and jobbers REC and TGH ratings, along with the DUR (HP).
I don't think there's any way to do that. I have a feeling that a) the system just isn't designed for it and b) there are hidden floors to the attribute values that negate seemingly vast differences in points.

Case in point: I have Kane rated about 70 and Iron Mike Sharpe rated about 30, including requisite differences in toughness, etc. Yet, watching 2 simmed matches, Iron Mike won the first one in a long drawn out affair, and promptly got pretty-much squashed in the second one. I don't know what percentage of, say, 1000 matches between the two that Iron Mike will win but he will win some.

I think that factors such as reversal rate being constant rather than variable (it doesn't seem to be related to the defensive attributes) may also contribute to wrestlers being more evenly matched than their attributes suggest.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #28
Pro

queenie.paula's Arena

will the sounds work just as well if I install them to my xboxs hard drive.....by the way the sounds link isn't working

Last edited by queenie.paula; 12-21-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Carbine
I don't think there's any way to do that. I have a feeling that a) the system just isn't designed for it and b) there are hidden floors to the attribute values that negate seemingly vast differences in points.

Case in point: I have Kane rated about 70 and Iron Mike Sharpe rated about 30, including requisite differences in toughness, etc. Yet, watching 2 simmed matches, Iron Mike won the first one in a long drawn out affair, and promptly got pretty-much squashed in the second one. I don't know what percentage of, say, 1000 matches between the two that Iron Mike will win but he will win some.

I think that factors such as reversal rate being constant rather than variable (it doesn't seem to be related to the defensive attributes) may also contribute to wrestlers being more evenly matched than their attributes suggest.
I might have to tweak according to what I did last year. And that is basically to lower a majority, if not all, the attributes for the "jobbers", etc. However, I did lower the REC and TGH for Goldust, and re-ran a match with Cena. Instead of the match going 7-8 mins, it went 3 mins and Cena won both times. So REC and TGH might be the keys here as well. I'll also lower the DUR rating for each wrestler based on his "event status". This way, the main eventers last longer and the jobbers are easily beaten.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
I might have to tweak according to what I did last year. And that is basically to lower a majority, if not all, the attributes for the "jobbers", etc. However, I did lower the REC and TGH for Goldust, and re-ran a match with Cena. Instead of the match going 7-8 mins, it went 3 mins and Cena won both times. So REC and TGH might be the keys here as well. I'll also lower the DUR rating for each wrestler based on his "event status". This way, the main eventers last longer and the jobbers are easily beaten.
I've done that as well and still find my jobbers sometimes giving main-eventers all they can handle and sometimes win.

EXAMPLE:

Barry Horowitz:
OVR: 27
Strike Power: 10
Grapple Power: 15
Submission: 5
Strike Defense: 10
Grapple Defense: 10
Speed: 80
Jump: 80
Agility: 80
Adrenaline: 55
Recovery: 5
Toughness: 5
Durability: 30
Charisma: 10
Tag Team: 30

Razor Ramon:
OVR: 60
Strike Power: 35
Grapple Power: 85
Strike Defense: 65
Grapple Defense: 60
Speed: 35
Jump: 25
Agility: 25
Adrenaline: 65
Recovery: 30
Toughness: 80
Durability: 85
Charisma: 55
Tag Team: 70

Match #1: Razor wins via submission, ~6 min;
Match #2: Razor wins via pinfall, ~8 min, both men hit two finishers, Razor's head was seriously damaged, and, watching, Horowitz was in control more often than not;
Match #3: Razor wins via pinfall, ~3 min, finally a squash match.

My very non-scientific analysis:

In match #1, Horowitz was countering everything but couldn't get much going himself so, eventually, Razor's quality showed through. I hated the cheesy submission ending that I see to see so much (matches ending in abdominal stretches FTL).

Match #2 was much more back and forth and is a match I've seen the jobber win many times. Horowitz was a bit unlucky and Razor pulled it out.

Match #3 was the squash match that should be, but isn't, the norm. Razor dominated, hit his finisher, then got the pin.

Now I have Razor set to upper-midcard (main-eventers are 70+) so he's not set to John Cena levels but with the point and power differential between the two, I should get a lot more matches like #3 than like the others, but I don't.

I do have recovery and speeds generally set low because I want a slower pace so it's possible that this enables Horowitz to squeeze in a few more moves here or there but I don't think that accounts for it, particularly considering how low his power levels are set to and the lack of power moves in his arsenal.

I do see Horowitz counter way more than I think he should but I can't see a way to change it without changing it for everybody. I still may tweak it though and see what happens.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #31
# The No Movement!

Mr2Nice's Arena

OVR: 22

Saw there was some new postings and was all pumped that the roster tutorial had been released. Darn LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Carbine
I've done that as well and still find my jobbers sometimes giving main-eventers all they can handle and sometimes win.

EXAMPLE:

Barry Horowitz:
OVR: 27
Strike Power: 10
Grapple Power: 15
Strike Defense: 10
Grapple Defense: 10
Speed: 80
Jump: 80
Agility: 80
Adrenaline: 55
Recovery: 5
Toughness: 5
Durability: 30
Charisma: 10
Tag Team: 30

Razor Ramon:
OVR: 60
Strike Power: 35
Grapple Power: 85
Strike Defense: 65
Grapple Defense: 60
Speed: 35
Jump: 25
Agility: 25
Adrenaline: 65
Recovery: 30
Toughness: 80
Durability: 85
Charisma: 55
Tag Team: 70

Match #1: Razor wins via submission, ~6 min;
Match #2: Razor wins via pinfall, ~8 min, both men hit two finishers, Razor's head was seriously damaged, and, watching, Horowitz was in control more often than not;
Match #3: Razor wins via pinfall, ~3 min, finally a squash match.

My very non-scientific analysis:

In match #1, Horowitz was countering everything but couldn't get much going himself so, eventually, Razor's quality showed through. I hated the cheesy submission ending that I see to see so much (matches ending in abdominal stretches FTL).

Match #2 was much more back and forth and is a match I've seen the jobber win many times. Horowitz was a bit unlucky and Razor pulled it out.

Match #3 was the squash match that should be, but isn't, the norm. Razor dominated, hit his finisher, then got the pin.

Now I have Razor set to upper-midcard (main-eventers are 70+) so he's not set to John Cena levels but with the point and power differential between the two, I should get a lot more matches like #3 than like the others, but I don't.

I do have recovery and speeds generally set low because I want a slower pace so it's possible that this enables Horowitz to squeeze in a few more moves here or there but I don't think that accounts for it, particularly considering how low his power levels are set to and the lack of power moves in his arsenal.

I do see Horowitz counter way more than I think he should but I can't see a way to change it without changing it for everybody. I still may tweak it though and see what happens.
See, last year I even lowered the SPD attribute. IMO, a higher speed leads to the "lesser" wrestlers getting more of an advantage. If they are quick, then they are able to pull of more moves, which equals more damage delivered, which gives the lower wrestler with high speed, an advantage.

Also, you have to really raise that REC attribute. IMO, after a certain number, that REC attribute is basically useless, similar to the DUR. So if you have a fast wrestler, facing a wrestler with a low REC, then soon as the wrestler is incapacitated, the SPD of the lower wrestler allows him to do more damage faster. Make sense?

The thing is, some attributes affect multiple things. SPD is movement (but only walking), but seems to also affect how "fast" the AI thinks about the next move, from what I saw.

The TGH not only affects submission, but seems to also have affect on damage received from Strikes and Grapples. It's as if Yukes was too lazy to give us true attributes, so a lot were combined. Why do we have DEF attributes, if we have reversal sliders? They wash each other out.

But, like I did last year, you have to think OVERALL. ALL attributes should be less than a higher rated wrestler. This is what I did last year, and had good results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »