Home

WWE 2K18 wishlist

This is a discussion on WWE 2K18 wishlist within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2016, 02:30 AM   #9
Rookie

flyarsociety's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2K18 wishlist

I definitely have some ideas to improve the game. For WWE 2k18 we need....

1. Create a match. You have "create a show", "create a superstar", "create an entrance", "create a belt"... I really think the one thing missing is "Create a Match". You should be able to go to the Create screen.... choose the number of players, environment, stipulation, and rules and you should be able to SAVE the match type and this match type should be added to the appropriate menu. (ie: one on one, two vs two). I should be able to create an Elimination fatal four-way, or an Elimination 6 pack challenge, or a 2 out of 3 falls count anywhere match, etc. If they're not going to put these modes in the game, we should be able to create them. Also you should be able to add these created match types to your universe. Now, I'm not asking to be able to create a ladder match where a kendo stick replaces the money in the bank briefcase or anything like that (although that would be awesome)..or an Ultimate X match..... BUT.. I at least want to be able to create the obvious/basic matches that are missing.

2. Speaking of missing match types... I want the Tag team ladder match, TLC, 2 vs 2 vs 2 match to come back. I talked about this on a previous thread titled "2 on 2 match types". They should definitely have these mode in the game, especially considering the fact that the dudleys, edge and christian, y2j and kane in the game. Many of their title reigns came from these matches. This match type defined the smackdown era. Why its missing? I dont know.

3. Free DLC. No current WWE or NXT superstars should be DLC. It makes absolutely no sense at all why we should pay extra for somebody that should be in the game. Example: Luke Gallows and Doc Anderson made their debut in APRIL... why are they in a future stars DLC pack?? It's october. They should be expected to be in the game. Shinsuke Nakamura also debuted in April. Also he's the current NXT champion. Again... why are we paying for people who have been in the wwe for 7 months from the release date?? DLC for current wwe superstars should be free. You can have Legends as Paid DLC. They aren't expected to be in the game, and hence are an added bonus. Again, someone made a valid point above me.... Nba 2k17 doesn't release a game with the 2016 rookie class as DLC. They put them in the game because they're expected to be in the game and they do roster updates for free. They instead charge for Historic teams. Which is what should be done here.

4. Reduce the amount of cinematography/pre-recorded cut-scene moves. This would seriously make/break the next game. We want to make our own moments. We don't want to watch pre-recorded cut-scenes of moves. Like with some of the OMG moments and dives... I would much rather have free range to put an opponent on a table and jump off of the top rope myself, than to trigger an OMG moment that shows a pre-recorded cut-scene that i've seen 100 times. The same thing goes for suicide dives. We'd much rather just dive over the rope with a button than to watch Jimmy Uso trigger a legnthy animation. When will 2k understand this? Some of the moves are like 10 seconds long. It just makes the game less fun (same with reversals).

5. Speaking of reversals.... get rid of some of the reversals that have automatic strikes! Players should simply escape/slip out of the move they're reversing. They shouldn't slip out of the move and perform an extra strike or a slam animation automatically. This slows down the flow of the game and makes it feel so sluggish. There's nothing more frustrating than having somebody like the Undertaker slip out of a body slam and then automatically perform a neck breaker or an arm bar. The undertaker would never do that. But because you only have 1 reversal animation for body slams...it just automatically happens. Again, when you add automated strikes/moves after the reversal, you risk it looking weird for certain characters (IE: the big show reversing a suplex by kneeing his opponent in the head in mid air like a cruiserweight).

6. Slimmer body builds and increased game speed. Now I know it takes a bit of time to re-build models. But! It was by Nba 2k17 did it on a much larger scale. This year Nba 2k17 revamped their character builds and slimmed down the arms and builds of their character models to match their real life counterparts and it looks so much better! Why can't wwe 2k17 do that as well? I feel like the player models in wwe 2k17 (as were all other ) are a bit too bulky. Its very noticeable when you play with certain bigger characters. But slimming down the character models and increasing game speed would create a faster feel to the game.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:24 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Guest referee match
Old 10-21-2016, 06:35 AM   #11
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_magic
Choose winner

With the push to more of a wrestling sim I would like to have the option to choose who wins maybe even choosing win by any move, signature, finisher like the WWE does.
From there you put on the match like it is now and building on the match rating system you try to entertain the fans with lots of variety. This allows you to push the rivalries properly since the right wrestler wins as well as the contender rankings making more sense.
At the very least we should be able to choose winners when simming. It's not like regular sports, randomness can mess up your universe in a bad way.
And the new Universal Champion is Fandango!...what? I said the new Universal Champion is Fandango!..what? I said that dancing guy is the Champion of the Universe!
I actually kinda like the randomness, makes for huge starts to form, but I do understand why you would like to have that option.
In my WWE 2k15 Universe Mode (still the best universe mode I've ever had, even with 2k16 being a far superior game), I planned a tournament for the new Raw title (did a brand split with one world title), and I put Rusev vs Brock Lesnar and wanted Brock to win (I play Universe on CPU VS CPU btw), and Rusev won. By submission.
So I was so pissed that Lesnar lost cause I planned a push for him where the person he'll eventually lose to will get an even bigger push, and then goddamn RUSEV ruins it (that was before I loved Ru Ru). So I put Brock in the finals anyways, in my head it was because Lana distracted Brock (which is wrong since you can't assign managers to wrestlers), and it was Rusev vs Cena vs Brock vs Reigns, and Rusev won again. HE BEATED BROCK, AGAIN.

I had another big random push where in Elimination Chamber (last PPV before Mania): Roman Reigns was champion (beat Rusev at the rumble) and Dean Ambrose won it. He faced Taker, who won the rumble, at mania and WON. He then proceeded to hold the belt for exactly 400 days! And lost it to, wait for it, LUKE HARPER. Then Harper had a run and then 2k16 came out, and sadly I deleted 2k15, so I'll never be able to relive this universe again.

P.S. You should try a game called Extreme Warfare Revenge or EWR in short, it's a completely free Wrestling Booking simulation and it's incredible. It was made in 2003 I think and has a fully original database with original wrestlers, companies etc. but it also has a lively modding scene that still operates.
It's part of a series called TEW and the latest game, TEW 2016, is like 35$ and has a free demo.
That sounded like an advertisement a bit but I seriously recommend it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2016, 12:53 PM   #12
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
Separate entrances for alternate attires.

The one thing I disagree with you on are legends. Give me more current superstars. I'm buying WWE 2k18, not WWE 2k3. I know I'm in the minority but I don't like so many taking up roster spots. I don't think I've ever used an older wrestler in any year of the game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I think all current wrestlers should be free and already on the game. I am more of a legends guy. I like creating a show or two just of legends. I usually do a WCW Nitro and a Raw is War show. But if they bring back custom music, the number of legends I need them to include is decreased as I can download creations and upload their music and feel like it is more real.

Last edited by thescoop; 10-23-2016 at 01:25 AM.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:31 PM   #13
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

This is literally the same exact list I wrote for my WWE 2K16 wishlist in the game's subreddit:
  • More creative and more intelligent AI, especially in tag matches, but across the board in general. No more braindead-on-the-apron tag partners which don't react to the match unless I go for a pin fall or submission, no more CPU wrestlers always sprinting back to the ring after a five count, and no more cage / Hell In A Cell matches where the AI opponent makes no attempt to use the structure to his advantage. This is far and away the thing I want the most.
  • Redo OMG moves. They are pointless. Why would I ever save up specials to do OMG moves outside of the ring when I can use my finisher normally and win the match? Give me incentive to do these moves.
  • The ability to edit wrestlers entirely without purchase of the season pass. That we have to buy something in order to do this is unacceptable in the modern sports video game landscape.
  • The ability for 2K to post in-game roster updates with updated assets. Given that Madden NFL and NBA 2K can update in-game assets via downloaded updates (asset updates are part of NBA 2K's roster update process, Madden NFL had a separate download for hundreds of new player face scans), the technology definitely exists for this to happen.
  • Custom entrance music; hell, all the consoles are connected to the internet these days, why not let us stream music and a video from Youtube?
  • Better load times in the creation suite, they are simply atrocious and offensive.
  • A kickout difficulty meter because I suck at it lol.
  • More depth in MyCareer and Universe; MyCareer in particular is a fine concept but it was a shell of a mode this year.

How many of these things has 2K addressed with 2K17? I don't know, I haven't bought it yet. Everything I've read says my criticisms have gone unaddressed, however.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:58 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

One thing I'd really like to see is a slider for wrestler attributes - even just three settings like jobber/mid-card/main-event would be great.

Using the current system as an example, each wrestler could have a rating in the 65-75 range based on technical and physical ability and wrestling style. From there, assigning a role to them would increase or decrease their durability/kick-out/momentum/damage,etc. stats. Making them a mid-carder would leave the stats as is; making them a jobber would cut the stats by a percentage or something to bring them to a rating in the 40-60 range; and making them a main-eventer would boost them to the 80-95 range.

On a separate note, I'd also like to see an individual rating for finisher strength for each wrestler.
Old 10-22-2016, 02:21 AM   #15
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

I'd like to request a match type that was in no mercy.

Back then, you could set up a battle royal with 10,20,30, or 40 contestants. However, the real kicker was that you could set pinfalls as the elimination. The truly incredible thing was that you could take the battle backstage. The new entrants would just come to your backstage area.

I used to go to my friend's house everyday after school and play 40 man, pin only battle royals as the 1 and 2 entrants. It was a real gauntlet challenge for us, and I don't think we ever had so much fun in any game.

So, I'd like to see an effort to include a pin only royal rumble/battle royal type match (with normal match damage).

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2016, 03:51 PM   #16
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Speaking of battle royals we've had the exact same royal rumble gameplay since 2008. Same mechanics, same rumble finishers, rinse and repeat. I would have expected to at least add a few new finishers at some point. No Mercy royal rumbles were awesome. The incarnation we have now is way too easy and just not very exciting.

Sent from my LGAS992 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »