Home

2K Announces Kurt Angle as WWE 2K18 Pre-Order Bonus

This is a discussion on 2K Announces Kurt Angle as WWE 2K18 Pre-Order Bonus within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2017, 09:18 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
2K Announces Kurt Angle as WWE 2K18 Pre-Order Bonus

2K has announced the decorated Olympian, WWE Hall of Famer and current Raw General Manager, Kurt Angle, will return to WWE in-ring action for the first time in more than a decade in WWE 2K18.

Fans can watch the official pre-order bonus trailer on Raw, airing live on USA Network at 8:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. CT on Monday, July 10. For more information on all pre-order options, check out this news post.

Best known for his remarkable in-ring accomplishments spanning nearly two decades, as well as his gold medal win in freestyle wrestling at the 1996 Summer Olympic Games, Angle will appear in WWE 2K18 through two playable characters representing key milestones in his career: his WWE “American Hero” persona, as well as his ECW® “Wrestling Machine” persona. The playable characters will be available as bonus content for those who pre-order the game at participating retailers.

“I was thrilled to return to WWE earlier this year, be honored as a WWE Hall of Fame inductee and find a new home with the best in the business every Monday night as the Raw General Manager,” said Kurt Angle. “And now, I get to follow in the footsteps of many incredible names, like Bill Goldberg, Sting, Ultimate Warrior and Arnold Schwarzenegger, and be featured as the WWE 2K18 pre-order character.”

“Kurt Angle has been the most fan-requested Superstar in the WWE 2K franchise for some time now, so it’s a pleasure to celebrate his popularity and incredible career through this year’s WWE 2K18 pre-order offer,” said Chris Snyder, Vice President of Marketing at 2K. “His WWE and amateur wrestling achievements are also a perfect fit to help carry the torch for this year’s ‘Be Like No One’ worldwide marketing campaign. There’s no question Kurt succeeds on his own terms in everything he does.”

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2017, 03:52 AM   #2
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: 2K Announces Kurt Angle as WWE 2K18 Pre-Order Bonus

I mean, he's that dude in the ring. I never preorder, but ****, tough to pass up some free Angle.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:54 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
I have never preordered a wrestling game before but I might have to. Angle my all time favourite*
Old 07-02-2017, 05:23 AM   #4
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7

Eh, not enough to pre-order for me. I need to see big improvement to get Day 1. That or the collectors edition blows me away.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Old 07-04-2017, 08:39 PM   #5
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

Has the preorder bonus fighter come back the last few years or am I just thinking this cause Goldberg was last year?

I'm not sure about this game anymore. The first 2 years I went deluxe. The past year I went regular with a preorder and bought NO dlc. I might skip this year or get it on Black Friday for $30. It was a roster update (and an outdated one at that) with a few more player scans and a few more gameplay tweaks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2017, 11:27 PM   #6
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

I hope there's a Kurt Angle showcase with a 2000 Triple H if for no other reason than getting this in the game....

https://youtu.be/eLsVA2M4Ras

Triple H's best theme and his best run imo. That era of HHH is not explored enough in these games. That Angle/Hunter/Stephanie feud was gold too.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-13-2017, 11:45 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I believe the last few years the pre-order bonus character eventually became available as DLC. Months down the line. Definitely for Warrior, Biker Undertaker, Sting, and Goldberg. Don't remember if Terminator ever did.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:57 PM   #8
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Warrior
I believe the last few years the pre-order bonus character eventually became available as DLC. Months down the line. Definitely for Warrior, Biker Undertaker, Sting, and Goldberg. Don't remember if Terminator ever did.
He did. There hasn't been any pre order offers that weren't available eventually for everyone.

Sent from my LGAS992 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »