Home

WWE 2K18 Gameplay Videos - Cena vs. Orton, Styles vs. Corbin, Elimination Chamber

This is a discussion on WWE 2K18 Gameplay Videos - Cena vs. Orton, Styles vs. Corbin, Elimination Chamber within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2017, 06:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
WWE 2K18 Gameplay Videos - Cena vs. Orton, Styles vs. Corbin, Elimination Chamber

Smacktalks have posted 3 WWE 2K18 gameplay videos, featuring John Cena vs. Randy Orton, AJ Styles...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

Last edited by Steve_OS; 08-20-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2017, 10:11 PM   #2
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: WWE 2K18: John Cena vs Randy Orton Gameplay

That commentary is still brutal. That reaction after the RKO off the top from the crowd and the commentary was abysmal. They need to do something about that.

Visuals look good though.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-19-2017, 11:48 PM   #3
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
That commentary is still brutal. That reaction after the RKO off the top from the crowd and the commentary was abysmal. They need to do something about that.

Visuals look good though.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
King I agree with you 100% man. It looks fantastic but man that commentary is still rough. I know it's a video game but for me there's too much dead air. But I understand it's tough to replicate that.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 08-19-2017, 11:53 PM   #4
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
(Smacktalks) WWE 2K18: AJ Styles vs Baron Corbin (EXCLUSIVE GAMEPLAY) 1 minute 23 sec

.................................................. ...............................................
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 08-20-2017, 02:06 AM   #5
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Commentary is just blah but I like the atmosphere and the animated crowd lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2017, 09:34 AM   #6
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Game play and graphics look good to me but yeah commentary is very lacking, Graves doesn't even sound like himself. Thing is what can they do to get it where it needs to be? I imagine commentary for a wrestling game would be the hardest thing to do out of the games that have it.

There are 150+ wrestlers all with different moves, there are thousands of moves in the game that can transition to a number of other moves according to who is wrestling. Then you have to get right what commentary is really about and that's telling a story, making the action in the ring better by telling a story.

You have to have emotion, then I would imagine different levels of emotion. In a match Cena starts off and hits Randy with a right punch, 15-20 min in the match Randy has had the upper hand for a awhile goes for his finisher and doesn't get the pin fall..Cena makes a come back and hits Randy with that same right punch. There is going to be a lot more feeling and emotion/excitement than the punch Cena hit Randy with to start the match cause of whats going on at this point in time.

The commentary needs to show this, same with a pin fall, some wrestlers go for the pin in the first few minutes, even the crowd doesn't get as excited for this, later in the match after a finisher or big move and it seems more likely for a pin fall the crowd and commentary is a bit more excited. They need to start by having commentary get excited for finishers...then as the match goes on have a more excited kind of commentary.

Now I have no idea how they would do this....maybe at certain points early in the match pull commentary from this batch of recordings, then 5-10 or 10-15 min of match pull commentary from this batch of recordings...etc. This of course seems to add a lot of commentary files to the game and I can only assume take up more space for the game. They would need to have all the commentators record a lot more, hell they may even need to tour with WWE to get even close to what is needed.

Really wish the team for wrestling showed up here like the NBA guys, could only help the game IMO.

All that said I may be over thinking things but either way look forward to the game.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:21 AM   #7

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Haven't played since 2K15. Game looks better but still see cutscenes are in the gameplay. That's my biggest issue with this series. Just let the moves play out in real time, no need to draw up a cutscene for a move.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:28 PM   #8
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

WWE 2K18: Seth Rollins Elimination Chamber Entrance + Gameplay

https://youtu.be/NipSr5MJJVw
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »