Home

From A Mess To Amazin': The New York Mets (MLB The Show 13)

This is a discussion on From A Mess To Amazin': The New York Mets (MLB The Show 13) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #89
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: From A Mess To Amazin': The New York Mets (MLB The Show 13)

Mets Pick Up Possible Davis Replacemet

The New York Mets have decided to inquire other options at 1st base. This morning they sent two outfielder prospects Cesar Puello (67OVR B POT) and Brandon Nimmo (63OVR B POT) to the Texas Rangers. Puello is hitting .282/.338/.371 triple slash in AA ball while Nimmo, being only 19 years old, is in A ball. In return, the Mets are bringing in stud prospect Mike Olt into New York. Olt was recently called up to the major leagues and has a triple slash of .364/.417/.545 in the three games he played, although striking out 3 times in 11 at-bats.

The Rangers had talks with the Mets in the winter about sending Olt to New York for CY Young winner R.A. Dickey. Deals broke down and Dickey went to Toronto, but talks resumed right before the trade deadline. Sending 2 outfield prospects gave the Rangers some depth in their roster, and either could become 4th outfielders or potentially be the replacements for David Murphy and Nelson Cruz. Mike Olt will be worked into the lineup for the New York Mets almost every day, and rumors have it that he will be competing for the starting role at 1st base as Ike Davis continues to struggle, hitting below .230 on the season.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #90
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

I assume you must not be using 30 team control, with guys like Dempster and Chattwood hitting the waiver wire, however I have never seen the CPU dump guys that good to the waivers either. Best player I got was a AAA 3B that was a 54 with B potential.

I like the trades, they will definitely help your team, just be prepared for all the Rockies fans to come in and say your ripped them off and that Colorado would never trade Gonzo for 2 AAA SP's and Lars Anderson who has a career .167 MLB avg. Which within reason they have a point. I would've preferred to see you give them a more MLB ready arm, and even a OF prospect like Nimo to get him.

Also find it interesting that pretty much every thread on here, has their team dealing for Olt. He is very popular.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #91
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Olt and Parra are quite the popular names in the trade thread, there's always a player du jour around here haha. There was one last year but I forget who. Olt's a good player to have in this game though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2013, 01:27 AM   #92
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

Thumbs up Re: From A Mess To Amazin': The New York Mets (MLB The Show 13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
I assume you must not be using 30 team control, with guys like Dempster and Chattwood hitting the waiver wire, however I have never seen the CPU dump guys that good to the waivers either. Best player I got was a AAA 3B that was a 54 with B potential.

I like the trades, they will definitely help your team, just be prepared for all the Rockies fans to come in and say your ripped them off and that Colorado would never trade Gonzo for 2 AAA SP's and Lars Anderson who has a career .167 MLB avg. Which within reason they have a point. I would've preferred to see you give them a more MLB ready arm, and even a OF prospect like Nimo to get him.

Also find it interesting that pretty much every thread on here, has their team dealing for Olt. He is very popular.
Yeah I am controlling all 30 teams and I put Dempster and Chatwood back onto their respective teams just because it was rather ridiculous. As for the CarGo trade, the Rockies are currently just as bad as we are. The mets and rockies talked CarGo trades during the winter meetings. Colorados prchers need to be resigned at the end of the season. Literally all but one need a new contract. This frees up cap space on a losing team PLUS brings them 2 solid starters in their rotation plus someone to push McBride for the starting 1st base job so I see that as being fair. There could have been 9 different groups of players to trade for CarGo but this one makes sense in my book

Last edited by ML; 06-02-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:28 AM   #93
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan99
Olt and Parra are quite the popular names in the trade thread, there's always a player du jour around here haha. There was one last year but I forget who. Olt's a good player to have in this game though.
Its weird I was reading dynastys and saw Parra and Olt pop up like right after i traded for both of them haha. I'm looking forward to both of them being mets as Parra is already helping us out and I'm sure Olt will do the same
Old 06-02-2013, 01:48 AM   #94
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLamm16
Yeah I am controlling all 32 teams
Was there an expansion draft?
Old 06-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #95
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan99
Was there an expansion draft?
: a sleep deprived brain can only operate smoothly for so long lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #96
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

OVR: 9

I like the deal to pick up Olt. He's a very good guy to have in a franchise. However, I do think he's more suited for 3rd base because of his defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »