Home

Fight Night Round 5 Wishlist: The Changes That Need To Be Made (TrueGameHeadz)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 5 Wishlist: The Changes That Need To Be Made (TrueGameHeadz) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2010, 03:03 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Fight Night Round 5 Wishlist Article...MUST READ

People who are suggesting things like particula boxers are really missng the big pictue when we are talking about a boxing game that has still yet to truely capture the sport. Forget boxers. I'm still waiting for realistic knockdowns. FNR4 brought back the devastating rag doll Ko's, we get it. That was heavily apparent the first day I got the game. Apparently none of the developers understand the concept of overkill and too much of a good thing. More often than not, a knockdown should be a boxer sliding back on his behind, or dropping to a knee from a succession of punches. When a fight gets rag dolled and plants face first, that should be FIGHT OVER. In FNR4, it was not uncommon to see a fighter dropped like this 4-5 times per fight.

If they are dead set on keeping these arcade elemets in the game, they NEED to allow for a simulation setting. Even extreme slider tweaking couldn't fix the problems in FNR4. The developers need t oask themself thi question: Are you trying to simulate the sport of boxing or are you trying to take a fighting game chock full of things casual fans will 'pop' for? Why is it tht all of the other sports (even MMA), get developers who make a real effort to accurately portray their respective sports in the game? Why cant boxing fans have the same thing? If true Boxing fans, and boxing fan means more than having watched Frazier-Ali on ESPN Classic, and being a fan of Mike Tyson KO's, are not developing this game, then HIRE THEM for crying out loud. Trainers, Referee's, Judges, put all of the aspects of the sport in the game and make them tangible.

Last edited by rickmitchell22; 09-23-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 07:40 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22
Peple who are suggesting things like particula boxers are really missng the big pictue when we ae talking about a boxing game that has still yet to truely capture the sport. Forget boxers. I'm still waiting for realistic knockdowns. FNR4 brought back the devastating rag doll Ko's, we get it. That was heavily apparent the first day I got the game. Apparently none of the developers understand the concept of overkill and too much of a good thing. More often than not, a knockdown should be a boxer sliding back on his behind, or dropping to a knee from a succession of punches. When a fight gets rag dolled and plants face first, that should be FIGHT OVER. In FNR4, it was not uncommon to see a fighter dropped like this 4-5 times per fight.

If they are dead set on keeping these arcade elemets in the game, they NEED to allow for a simulation setting. Even extreme slider tweaking couldn't fix the problems in FNR4. The developers ee t ask themself thi question: Are you trying to simulate the sport of boxing or are youtri to ake a fighting game chock full of things casual fans will 'pop' for? Why is it tht all of the other sports (even MMA), get developers who make a real effort to accurately portray their respective sports in the game? Why cant boxing fans have the same thing? If true Boxing fans, and boxing fan means more than having watched Frazier-Ali on ESPN Classic, and being a fan of Mike Tyson KO's, are not developing this game, then HIRE THEM for crying out loud. Trainers, Referee's, Judges, put all of the aspects of the sport in the game and make them tangible.
I like this post. I want a overall boxing experience. I want Fight Night to truly simulate the sport of boxing. I want to see everything I see in boxing replicated in the game.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:02 PM   #27
Banned

Don't forget the most important thing: Fighter Strategy, and Fighter Tendencies. Could you imagine a sports game at this point where the team or player didn't play like itself? Only in boxing, because we accept it, and there aren't enough boxing fans buying boxing games as there are football fans buying Madden to really make a difference.

Last edited by rickmitchell22; 09-23-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:37 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22
Don't forget the most important thing: Fighter Strategy, and Fighter Tendencies. Could you imagine a sports game at this point where the team or player didn't play like itself? Only in boxing, because we accept it, and there aren't enough boxing fans buying boxing games as there are football fans buying Madden to really make a difference.
I totally agree!
Old 09-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #29
Rookie

Re: Fight Night Round 5 Wishlist: The Changes That Need To Be Made (TrueGameHeadz)

Presentation makes a world of difference in regards to the perception of the players "experience". To be able to be in the moment or experience the highs and lows 9/10 the presentation is what evokes the passion of the player to continue playing and progressing thru a game. Gameplay and depth is huge by presentation to me is the seasoning at times on a meal that's missing something at times.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:51 PM   #30
MVP

Talking Re: Fight Night Round 5 Wishlist: The Changes That Need To Be Made (TrueGameHeadz)

I agree with you Mr. Judge
Old 10-03-2010, 05:27 PM   #31
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Fight Night Round 5 Wishlist: The Changes That Need To Be Made (TrueGameHeadz)

I hope the Fight Night developers check this forum like Madden and NCAA developers do.

The bad thing is the boxing forum is barely alive here at OS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 07:07 PM   #32
MVP

One of the producers use to come here evry one and a while, but not since FNR$. They are always on the EA Fight Night Forums.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »