Home

Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Coming Soon, Tuner Next Week to Fix Jab Spamming

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Coming Soon, Tuner Next Week to Fix Jab Spamming within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #97
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Coming Soon, Tuner Next Week to Fix Jab Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
OWC Impressions

Just put in one fight under the new tuner. Last night, before they installed it, I removed all my boxers in OWC with the intent of starting from scratch. I fought today with my middleweight guy at a rating of 79 vs a guy rated 81. He was not very good and was trying to spam the jab to the body. The jab does lose speed quicker and slows down to where it's basically ineffective. I think though that the tactic for many will be the same: Try and quickly jab to the body a few times and run off, hoping to win the fight by decision.

Stamina has been adjusted to where you have more of it throughout the fight but I like how it is right now. In my first few rounds I held back on punches, getting a 10-12% return when getting back to my corner. In round six though I threw kind of heavy and only got 1% in return. I liked that. I can only imagine what was happening with my opponent as he was trying every kind of way to win, from spamming the jab to throwing excessive power punches.

I did get a great result that showed what the tuner has done. I think it was round 8 where he was throwing way too many punches and I hit him with a right hook that got me a flash knockdown. It was very sudden and very rewarding because it was appropriate. I then stunned him again and he didn't get up after the second knock down.

So I see everything represented in the tuner that they mentioned. Rookies that are low in rating (78/79) do not get stunned as easy. I was stunned once in that fight and he threw a bunch of power. The jab slows down much faster now, but I'd still like to see a guy that crouches get knocked down for leaving himself so open. Stamina has a new twist where the recovery in between rounds really varies in what you put out during a round.

More time needs to be spent with it though.
From all I have read, its a step in the right direction for online. Hopefully now, offline requests will be addressed.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #98

Re: Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Coming Soon, Tuner Next Week to Fix Jab Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
From all I have read, its a step in the right direction for online. Hopefully now, offline requests will be addressed.
I'm going to mess with offline some as I want to start my legacy but I really want it to be a little more unexpected than it is right now. Offline for me is very repetitive in my opinion.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #99
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I'm going to mess with offline some as I want to start my legacy but I really want it to be a little more unexpected than it is right now. Offline for me is very repetitive in my opinion.

Yeah, I won the HW title in under 15 fights. I fought Mike Tyson to unify the belts and he knocked me down twice in the 2nd and twice in the 4th with some vicious shots, but I popped right back up and eventually KO'd him in the 10th round. He knocked me down 4 times because I was reckless and just trying to throw with him but I knew I could get up each time. Once I got knocked down for the 4th time, I started boxing like I sdhould and dismantled him.

There is no danger in this game presently. I play on GOAT and it would be very hard to lose post patch. I will test the tuner tonight on legacy, but I doubt it made much difference for offline.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 3
Played a couple fights online and my initial impressions are pretty good. Punches seem much heavier now, brawlers are way more dangerous. Stamina is way up but endurance has been tweaked too. I noticed a big difference between 99 and 95% stamina.

And definitely no body jab spam
Old 04-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #101

As it stands, stamina loss is tied to punch efficiency in a huge way. you have to land punches or you won't see much regeneration in between rounds. I played 3 fights at lunch and they all ended by round 4. If you come out swinging you are extremely vulnerable to being knocked out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #102
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Are we playing the same game?

I have had 3 fights. Spamming has become seemingly 100x more powerful.

My last 2 fights, I landed 63% and 56% to 35% and 32% respectively. Both times, my opponent spammed straight punches. Both times, I was knocked down 4 times. The power boost allows them to easily break through my guard and rock me with the same bull**** punch being thrown over and over again. I try and box and fight smart like I always do, but in both of those fights, I stood zero chance.

In attempting to fix the problem, somehow they made it SO much worse...
Old 04-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Are we playing the same game?

I have had 3 fights. Spamming has become seemingly 100x more powerful.

My last 2 fights, I landed 63% and 56% to 35% and 32% respectively. Both times, my opponent spammed straight punches. Both times, I was knocked down 4 times. The power boost allows them to easily break through my guard and rock me with the same bull**** punch being thrown over and over again. I try and box and fight smart like I always do, but in both of those fights, I stood zero chance.

In attempting to fix the problem, somehow they made it SO much worse...
oh god

ive never been one to say anything bad about this game but this tuner patch is sort of a disappointment

its playing like the demo now where people are throwing 110+ punches a round to win fights. the stamina doesnt drain enough that the later rounds are significantly different in action.

i think the vocal minority that wishes this game was a slugfest like fnr4 have won the dev team over

maybe my mind will change after a few more fights

Last edited by foo55; 04-27-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #104
Pro

OVR: 0

ugh, why would they add more stamina!? I was going to buy the game, but definitely not anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »