Home

Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Wrapping Up, Some Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Wrapping Up, Some Details Revealed within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2011, 03:00 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Wrapping Up, Some Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
Let me get this straight.. It takes more energy to move backwards than it does any other direction... Really??
Are you asking game -wise or real life? In real life yes, your legs wear down faster backing up more than any other movement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 0

I guess it depends on how it's implemented. Pressuring a fighter that's moving back, and having more energy sapped makes sense. Moving back from a stationary, or non-aggressive, opponent and being penalized is completely different. I hope the latter doesn't end up being the case.

Personally I like the way the game feels right now. You have to wear a fighter down, then pour it on in the late rounds to score KD's or KO's. Stamina feels about right as well (could be nerfed a little more even). Only thing that needed to be tweaked was body spamming. But, we'll see how it plays out. They have made some progress in certain areas.

"Max Stamina Loss/Recovery overall has been adjusted."

Does this mean stamina loss will be higher and recovery will be lower? Anyone know how they adjusted it? This could be the biggest factor right here. If they lowered the stamina this game could be awesome and very enjoyable over the next year plus.

Last edited by Lakers 24 7; 06-05-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:32 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
"Max Stamina Loss/Recovery overall has been adjusted."

Does this mean stamina loss will be higher and recovery will be lower? Anyone know how they adjusted it? This could be the biggest factor right here. If they lowered the stamina this game could be awesome and very enjoyable over the next year plus.
No, I think they will raise the stamina again, because a lot of people complained that after the latest patch the stamina was way too low in the later rounds and the boxers were already exasted in the fourth round. I might be wrong though.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:49 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I think stamina isn't right the way it is now. I'm probably in the minority, but I hate going online and me and the other guy can both throw 100+ punches for 9 straight rounds and still come out in round 10 and have over 90 energy.

I think if someone throws over 100 punches through the first three rounds, then I should be able to destroy them if I managed my punch count wisely. I don't like 75-100 punch rounds. I want to throw 30-50 at the most per round and still be a bit tired from it.

― Plato
Old 06-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #45
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

I could be wrong, but when I play I always feel like I'm fighting against two different stamina for the cpu. One is the bar and that one is for punching stamina , then the other is stamina bar for body shots recieved. I beat up on the boxer body when I do knock them down I see its harder for them to get up, but the punching stamina never goes anywhere, I'm beating the crap out of the cpu body punches, shots to the face and dropping them too and that freaking stamina bar doesn't fall . it goes back up after each round, meanwhile my stamina and health doesn't get the same love the cpu does, what I would like to see is they dev set the cpu levels at the same the human players does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2011, 11:54 AM   #46

OVR: 34

It's not that stamina is awful. I think they need to drop just a little so that it doesn't regenerate as fast. How it is now is it drops real quick when you throw multiple shots and leaves you very vulnerable. But if they could keep it down a few seconds more, to truly give the sense that you are recovering from being a fool and launching pointless punches, that would greatly help.

But a tuner would address that, not a title update. I'm expecting the inclusion of one punch KOs and frequency of cuts to return in the title update.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 22

I encourage each of you to fight an aggressive fighter like Manny Pacquiao with 3 minute rounds. Stamina is perfect! All the developers need to do to fix stamina is make online fights 3 minutes per round instead of 2.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavonBrown
I encourage each of you to fight an aggressive fighter like Manny Pacquiao with 3 minute rounds. Stamina is perfect! All the developers need to do to fix stamina is make online fights 3 minutes per round instead of 2.
Punch numbers right now are inflated with 2 minute rounds, it would seem with 3 minute rounds they would be sky high. I will definitely try it; maybe with 3 minutes some of the free swinging guys will hit the fatigue wall at a more realistic pace.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »