Home

Using ChatGPT or DALL-E?

This is a discussion on Using ChatGPT or DALL-E? within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2023, 11:52 AM   #1
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Using ChatGPT or DALL-E?

Any of you dabbled with ChatGPT or DALL-E for creating dynasty content? I've been messing around trying to find the right way to speed up some of the process of content creation. Part of the big problem is that I can't currently feed in my OS thread into GPT to have it analyze and create content on. (maybe if I subscribe to GPT4 I can do this)

I've been thinking about feeding it my raw notes and game stats and seeing if it can generate a game summary. Also trying to see if it can generate pictures of characters in my game universe (especially for games with old graphics like CHoops 2K8).

Curious if any of you have done anything yet.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM   #2
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Re: Using ChatGPT or DALL-E?

For instance, here's what one of my Bulgarian Brothers could look like (not completely happy with progress so far, but this is fun).

Old 09-28-2023, 04:38 PM   #3
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
For instance, here's what one of my Bulgarian Brothers could look like (not completely happy with progress so far, but this is fun).

How exactly would you generate this image? Can you explain a step-by-step to me?
Old 09-28-2023, 05:30 PM   #4
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsJunkie
How exactly would you generate this image? Can you explain a step-by-step to me?
Using some AI image generating software (DALL-E, Midjourney, etc) you give it a prompt. I just used the Bing chatbot to do it because it's free. Then give it a prompt like "generate an image in the style of a modern 3D video game of a 6'5" 230 pound basketball coach. The coach should be a white male who is bald and wearing a suit."

Then it spits out various images, some terrible, some good.

Old 10-16-2023, 01:00 PM   #5
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Playing around with this, there are 2 things I've been very happy with.

1) Generating creative text, like press conferences, conversations, or poetry.
2) Creating images of coaches/owners

Just wanted to encourage you if you haven't messed around with this yet.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2023, 07:27 PM   #6
MVP

studbucket's Arena

I've been using AI text and image generation a lot in this dynasty: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-apf-2k8.html

Also, jasontoddwhitt is using it for game recaps here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-dynasty.html

In case you all want some examples.

Old 01-01-2024, 10:35 PM   #7
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Any of you dabbled with ChatGPT or DALL-E for creating dynasty content? I've been messing around trying to find the right way to speed up some of the process of content creation. Part of the big problem is that I can't currently feed in my OS thread into GPT to have it analyze and create content on. (maybe if I subscribe to GPT4 I can do this)

I've been thinking about feeding it my raw notes and game stats and seeing if it can generate a game summary. Also trying to see if it can generate pictures of characters in my game universe (especially for games with old graphics like CHoops 2K8).

Curious if any of you have done anything yet.
Yes, it seems to like the spreadsheet that I have for my game reports and understands it quite well. Other things it doesn't understand so well. For instance, I uploaded the scores of every game in my dynasty prior to the Iowa years then started asking it questions. For instance: What's the highest scoring game, including both teams, of the entire dynasty ? It told me a game where it was 24-20. I then went in and asked it if there would be a better way for me to format the scores in order for it to understand. It spit out a suggested format. I then told it how to use the information I had already put in there to get the same information - what the individual tab data was and what information was in each line - and it said it understood now. I gave it another test and it again failed. I think that in an individual year, it could write a good season summary and things of that nature but I don't think it could be used as a compendium of the history of the dynasty and just accurately remember all that info.

I was behind by 3 games and uploaded my spreadsheet for each game and some notes that I had about the games and it did stories for me. The first two I had it do in the writing voice of Hunter S. Thompson because I just find that what Chat GPT spits out for him is hilarious there. The third one which is the one that just went up, I had it do in a more normal voice but it kept doing what it was doing before, with a lot of largess and crazy words, before I kept asking it to redo it in a more generalized tone. It's actually pretty useful. I was never trying to be too entertaining with the stories and I think it's a pretty great way to save time.

In my spreadsheet I have a quarter by quarter score line. Even when I put that in there along with some notes for each drive it seemed to collate everything quite well in the story. I'm impressed, although I did do a lot of editing to take out superfluous words.
Old 01-07-2024, 03:04 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I’ve gotten Chat GPT to do some decent game reports for me. They require editing as I can add context that isn’t in the box scores, and I may want to point out something it doesn’t, plus sometimes it just makes things up and I have to correct for that that, but I have used it to speed up content generation a bit, and allow me to generate longer summaries than I otherwise might have. It is pretty fascinating you can just feed it raw html box score output and it’ll generate a pretty coherent report from that for the most part.

Last edited by superjames1992; 01-07-2024 at 03:07 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »