Home

2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

This is a discussion on 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #25
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Pretty freakin cool idea, man.

It'll be a lot of games to play when its all said and done.
Thank you very much.

It definitely will be a huge workload. But I'm out of work right now, though I do have a job lined up within the week. But still, I'll continue this until either:

A) My XBOX/game breaks
B) I die

So don't worry.

(hopefully!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 03:27 PM   #26
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

OVR: 35

Good job man, I really like this, so pumped for the Penguins games!

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:58 AM   #27
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Red Wings Trash Blue Jackets 5-1, Go Up 2-0 In Series

The Red Wings had an astounding 14 powerplays (almost half the game with a man advantage) and punished the Blue Jackets for it, winning big in Game 2, 5-1.

Meanwhile, the Red Wings were perfectly disciplined, making a trip to sin bin not even once. Despite the lopsided score, it could've been much worse. The Red Wings only cashed in on 2 of those 14 powerplays and only outshot Columbus by 10 (36-26). In fact, Columbus probably played a better game and might've even won it if they weren't always one man down.

Detroit leads the series, 2-0.

Quote:
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 04-28-2009, 10:48 AM   #28
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Canes Blank Devils, Tie Series 1-1

The NHL has been served notice. If you touch another player, you will enter the penalty box. The Hurricanes used this to their advantage, going up a man 11 times in their 5-0 defeat of the New Jersey Devils.

However, Carolina only capitalized once on the powerplay. If there's any positive the Devils can take away from this game, a game in which All-World goalie Martin Brodeur faced 54 shots, it's that the penalty kill was spectacular.

Scoring for the visitors were, in order, Corey Stillman, Rod Brind'Amour, Scott Walker, Craig Adams, and Erik Cole. New Jersey did not score.

The series is tied, 1-1.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2009, 04:45 PM   #29
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

OVR: 35

The Blue Jackets are doing good, hope the Pens go up 2-0 on Philadelphia!!

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:21 AM   #30
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJet
The Blue Jackets are doing good, hope the Pens go up 2-0 on Philadelphia!!
Yeah, I have a feeling after the 2 home games in Columbus coming up, that series could be tied. They've been tough in both games, losing by 1 in Game 1 and then getting smoked in Game 2, but only because they took penalty after penalty.

The same thing happened in the NJ/CAR series, expect that it was me getting all the penalties. Most were on ticky tacky interference calls.

It's funny from game to game ... I took no penalties with Detroit. Then I get 11 with New Jersey. Crazy.

But I'm glad that I've got a challenging CPU now. They finally beat me (the NJ/CAR game 2). But they've been playing me tough, as long as they don't take mass amounts of penalties.

I should be able to at least get up the final 3 Game 2's today (VAN/STL, PIT/PHI, CHI/CGY). Playing with so many different teams, it's keeping it fresh for me. And soon I'm going to be switching to a whole new set of teams as the lower seed takes over home ice.

Quote:
Old 04-29-2009, 03:16 PM   #31
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Blues Top Canucks 2-1, Tie Series 1-1

St. Louis got their desired split in Vancouver, taking tonight's game 2-1 thanks to goals by two of their veteran forwards.

Keith Tkachuk and Bill Guerin scored 1 minute and 59 seconds apart to tie the game and then take the lead midway through the 2nd period. Meanwhile, Curtis Sanford turned away 25 of the 26 shots he faced as St. Louis held on, 2-1.

The series is tied, 1-1.

Quote:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 04:01 PM   #32
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Fleury Comes Up Big Again, Pens Take 2-0 Series Lead

Marc-Andre Fleury followed up his Game 1 shutout performance with another stellar game, this time facing 42 shots and turning away 40 of them as his Penguins beat the Flyers, 5-2.

Pittsburgh held a two goal lead thanks to goals by Sidney Crosby and Ryan Whitney. However, Philly cut the lead to just 1 when Peter Forsberg scored the Flyers first goal of the series just past the midway point of regulation time.

However, Pittsburgh quelled any feelings of a comeback, scoring the next two goals (Ryan Malone's 3rd and Dominic Moore's 1st). Mike Knuble was able to sneak one by Fleury late to make it 4-2, but Jarkko Ruutu's empty netter sealed the deal as the Pens win, 5-2.

Pittsburgh leads the series, 2-0.

Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »