Home

2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

This is a discussion on 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2009, 04:57 PM   #33
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Blackhawks Comeback, Defeat Flames, 5-3

Blackhawk fans will sleep great tonight. In an excellent postseason game, the Blackhawks take a 2-0 series lead with a 5-3 comeback win over the Calgary Flames.

But it wasn't the Flames who held the first lead. Chicago had that honor, with Martin Havlat scoring his first goal of three goals in the game on a rebound goal that he roofed over Flames netminder Mikka Kiprusoff.

Calgary tied it in the 2nd at 1-1 when Jeff Friesen beat Nikolai Khabibulin through the 5-hole on a breakaway.

Calgary then went on to take a 3-1 lead in the game when Daymond Langkow poked one past Khabibulin before Robyn Regehr took the wind out of the home crowd with a 5 on 3 shorthanded goal that actually deflected off Brent Seabrook's arm past Khabibulin.

However, the Blackhawks showed their resolve, getting right back into the game on a Tuomo Ruutu goal with less then 10 minutes left in the game. A little over 2 minutes later, Martin Havlat streaked across the middle then fired a laser over the shoulder of Kiprusoff to tie the game and send the fans into a frenzy.

But the 'Hawks weren't done yet. Martin LaPointe tried to just get a shot on goal, as he turned and fired a slapshot through a maze of defenders and past Kiprusoff to give Chicago a 4-3 edge, their first lead since the 2nd period.

Martin Havlat capped off the great win with a empty net powerplay goal for the 3rd goal to complete the hat trick. More importantly, Chicago won 5-3 to take a comfy lead in the series.

Chicago leads the series, 2-0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 04-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #34
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

OVR: 35

GO PENS GO. Fleury is such a beast. Good job man.

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:13 AM   #35
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJet
GO PENS GO. Fleury is such a beast. Good job man.
He has been a complete rock in goal. It's almost like I'm playing out the actual Pens/Flyers series of this year... Flyers outplay the Pens mostly, but MA Fleury comes up huge and the Pens lead the series convincingly. We'll see how it goes as the series shifts back to Philly.

Speaking of that, it looks like that bump to Hall of Famer has increased the difficulty (but mostly without feeling cheated by the CPU). Funny, because I ran through 8 seasons with the Philadelphia Flyers in the franchise mode of this game and I had trouble finding a medium between a challenging experience without feeling like the CPU had attribute boosts that were unfair. So I ended up winning a lot at times, but then losing in frustrating manners other times. But this whole experiment has brought me much joy and I'm extremely happy with the results so far. I'm really pumped to see how the series go as we get deeper into them and thus, up the ante a bit.

Thanks to GoldenJet (even though he's a Penguins fan ) for his continued support as well as anyone else who has replied to or just viewed this thread. I never noticed how much of a hotbed this section of the forums is. I've been doing franchise tracking for over 6 years now on various websites, but this is the first time that I've seen a dynasty tracking section of a forum have as much traffic as this does. It's extremely encouraging to know that your stuff is being read by others quite frequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 01:58 PM   #36
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

I'm following...

and yes this forum is awesome.

GO BLUES.

Its too bad, as a blues fan, that you are playing 2k7...that Blues team was absolutely horrible.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:06 PM   #37
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

I feel sorry for you onlybygrace, hope the Blues turn out better.

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:16 PM   #38
MVP

derrickthomas58's Arena

OVR: 22

Good job so far...do my Wings proud and get them a Stanley Cup!
Old 04-30-2009, 03:18 PM   #39
MVP

derrickthomas58's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
GO BLUES.
I second that, for the first round anyway

Canucks sux.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:59 PM   #40
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

Yes, yes they do. And the Red Wings can't have another Cup, they got it last year, time to pass it around haha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »