Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2016, 08:59 PM   #41
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Just to try and help I raised block in the back to 55 and had 6 called in one game 2 called screen passes the 3 on short. Over the middle passes. 1 on a punt. And I raised facemask to 55 and had 5 with 3 in a row on the cup to start the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2016, 09:57 PM   #42
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile04
Just to try and help I raised block in the back to 55 and had 6 called in one game 2 called screen passes the 3 on short. Over the middle passes. 1 on a punt. And I raised facemask to 55 and had 5 with 3 in a row on the cup to start the game
Thanks, good to know where our limits are when we begin adjusting sliders. Jaa and I independently confirmed the facemask issue at 55.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:14 AM   #43
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Josh,

maybe post what settings we were testing for base starting point, so when game drops can get more eyes on it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2016, 08:10 AM   #44
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

OVR: 0

All I care about at this point is getting some defensive games. At this point, like in '16, I am still getting shootouts and around 900 total yards of offense. I am getting between the 120-130 plays per game.

My trial is now over, but I can say the threshold slider will again be a key factor in gameplay. Many shots down field are being completed (mainly by me). QB fumbles are an issue. Stickiness between DL/OL needs to be toned down.

Again, I only messed around in the trial and need some more time playing. Finding some defense will be my goal. Hopefully we can find that sooner than later from what we learned in '16.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:09 AM   #45
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

Josh, do you have a description of how you think each penalty slider effects what is taking place on the field?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 10:11 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey all, used josh's sliders last year.

I made this post in the accuracy thread: Maybe you guys can chime in with your experience to help me as well. Heres what I posted:

"the problem I have with the way this is all handled is that it still comes down to the rating not actually really having value.

Go to practice: take Mark Sanchez, decrease all his accuracy numbers to zero, make the throws. Its just a matter of making the throws .

I can still drop the accuracy slider all the way down and complete the same passes at any value.

I can still drop the accuracy numbers of any quaterback to zero and complete the passes.

The end game accuracy numbers still are dependent on drops and deflections, not the quarterback actually being innaccurate with the throws.
This makes it where as long as I make competent decisions with my quarterback it doesn't matter what his numbers are.

It saddens me"

I feel like after doing this, there is nothing that will help with differentiating the qb's. Is this a user only thing? Is the way im testing/looking at this wrong?
Old 08-22-2016, 10:39 AM   #47
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Here is Khalib's response to QB accuracy issues:

Once you understand which ratings drive animations, many things can be cleaned up through those ratings.

1) The work around is lowering "Spec Catch" which will trigger the "just out of reach" animation more vs the 5-10 yrd over the head passes.
- there's not much of a hit on the OVR (for depth chart purposes) either

His suggestion is to lower "Spec Catch" to 70 or lower.

I know this is a slider thread, but players have the option for full editing this year.

Just a thought.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:31 AM   #48
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiclakers32
Hey all, used josh's sliders last year.

I made this post in the accuracy thread: Maybe you guys can chime in with your experience to help me as well. Heres what I posted:

"the problem I have with the way this is all handled is that it still comes down to the rating not actually really having value.

Go to practice: take Mark Sanchez, decrease all his accuracy numbers to zero, make the throws. Its just a matter of making the throws .

I can still drop the accuracy slider all the way down and complete the same passes at any value.

I can still drop the accuracy numbers of any quaterback to zero and complete the passes.

The end game accuracy numbers still are dependent on drops and deflections, not the quarterback actually being innaccurate with the throws.
This makes it where as long as I make competent decisions with my quarterback it doesn't matter what his numbers are.

It saddens me"

I feel like after doing this, there is nothing that will help with differentiating the qb's. Is this a user only thing? Is the way im testing/looking at this wrong?
To answer your last question, yes, the way you're testing this is wrong.

It's the same reason you don't test sliders in play now games...slider dynamics are vastly different in franchise mode than any other mode.

As roadman alluded to, its not just about the accuracy rating. This game is, unfortunately, far more complicated than that

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »