Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2016, 07:02 PM   #41
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
As much as I appreciate what you've done, I really like that there are still "misses" like your 2nd round MLB. Most of the guys are looking for a sim experience (as I'm sure you are) so it would take a lot of realism out of the experience if we could always guarantee the outcome. I feel like your tool has taken us from the Dogpound (pun attended) and given us Belichick-like scouting abilities. But of course, humans make mistakes and it's good that there will still be misses.
That's why we all have a choice. I'm all about sim style. I won't trade players that are getting old just to snag more draft picks or trade late picks this year for higher picks next year. That's an exploitation of the cpu trade logic big time. But having a tool which can keep track of this stuff is amazing. I was already doing something of this nature just not nearly as complex. Also you can always change some of the criteria to widen the scope of players that make your cut. That's the real beauty of this tool. It's tweakable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2016, 07:29 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 12

I love this tool. Thank you for the hard work.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:02 PM   #43
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

this looks amazing, thanks for making this it will help out a lot of people. me personally I wont use it since I like the draft to be hard.

also, apologies if already mentioned but was this done with or without the draft classes tuner we got last month? it affected online CFMs only and until today when the patch finally dropped it had no effect on offline CFMs.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:50 PM   #44
Rookie

McFaddenD2's Arena

OVR: 0

is there anyway to get this to work on a mac?
Old 10-05-2016, 03:02 AM   #45
Rookie

Khaos_Kiwi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFaddenD2
is there anyway to get this to work on a mac?
Think you need to down the unprotected version for non-windows compatibility.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 01:42 PM   #46
8bit Super Macho Man

Nuke LaLoosh's Arena

I just finished my season and I'll get to the draft tonight. I'll post results, may not be a screen shot though.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:27 PM   #47
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
this looks amazing, thanks for making this it will help out a lot of people. me personally I wont use it since I like the draft to be hard.

also, apologies if already mentioned but was this done with or without the draft classes tuner we got last month? it affected online CFMs only and until today when the patch finally dropped it had no effect on offline CFMs.
I've not tested it as thoroughly post tuning update, but yes, it does work. That was part of my issue with the original set of draft criteria from reboot Christianity: while they work great for pre-tuning drafts, they're too stringent for the post-update. People have only been finding half a dozen or so players to draft based on that original set of criteria post update, but my tweaks mean that you'll still find a good number. Admittedly, the number of draftable prospects (by the tool's reckoning) decreases by about a third, but there's still plenty of options.

--

Finished 8-8 in my 2nd season, just missing out on the playoffs. My previous top pick QB Ben Trejo is a complete beast. OROY, in the running for MVP, Pro Bowler, set all sorts of rookie records. He's gone up to a 91 OVR (using the TDawg XP sliders so QBs actually get penalised slightly compared to default, which shows how ridiculous Trejo is). My RT Trey Devine is also a beast, went to the Pro Bowl. The Browns are slowly improving. Right, to the draft:

My 2018 draft class below:

I committed the cardinal sin in the first round of not drafting best available player on my board, which was a LT (because I have Joe Thomas entrenched at the position). The player I didn't pick turned out to be a 82 rated beast, but fortunately the player I plumped for (HB Roman Babineaux) is a beast in his own right! Really happy with this class except for the 73 OVR Guard. Thought he was the better of the two Gs I drafted, but I was wrong.

Cleveland looking stacked on offense heading into 2018 season, but defensively, still looking a bit suspect even though the secondary is improving.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:49 PM   #48
Rookie

Two thumbs up to you for putting in the work to create this helpful tool! This has me very interested in trying out the tool myself. I will definitely post screenshots of my results to provide further examples.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »