Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2016, 06:47 PM   #505
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
I'm thinking of experimenting with scouting order and not scouting red chips further until the blue chips are identified. Basically just go down the draft board and scout as far as I can pre-combine (QB exception to the rule I think), then check the late round guys for physicals and scout accordingly. I'll see how it goes.

I guess the theory is that I'd rather have a smaller board but try to identify all of the blue chips, than have a larger board but possibly missing out on a few blue chips.

And also for red chips, not going to fully scout the potential red chips in the 1st round for sure, and maybe the 2nd and 3rd as well. The theory being I want a definite blue chip in 1st round and can save scouting to identify red chips in the mid-late rounds.
You're totally right: This is what I recommend doing too. I'm updating the blog post (and moving it over to Wordpress because Blogspot is unusable) to include some of this type of info.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2016, 07:27 PM   #506
Rookie

Yeah it seems logical enough to me, I'll see how it goes!

Also, what type of age modifications do you personally use? I'm thinking of increasing it for youth as well but don't wanna over do it.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:20 PM   #507
Rookie

darkraiusa's Arena

Here's my draft class finished, OVRs only recorded for players In the draft recap screen, game broke down towards the end so I didn't get all of them unfortunately, but still has main bulk of them.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 2016 Draft Class.rar (2.83 MB, 15 views)
Old 11-06-2016, 01:02 AM   #508
Rookie

DaBklynWay902's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
I'm thinking of experimenting with scouting order and not scouting red chips further until the blue chips are identified. Basically just go down the draft board and scout as far as I can pre-combine (QB exception to the rule I think), then check the late round guys for physicals and scout accordingly. I'll see how it goes.

I guess the theory is that I'd rather have a smaller board but try to identify all of the blue chips, than have a larger board but possibly missing out on a few blue chips.

And also for red chips, not going to fully scout the potential red chips in the 1st round for sure, and maybe the 2nd and 3rd as well. The theory being I want a definite blue chip in 1st round and can save scouting to identify red chips in the mid-late rounds.

Also used the trade sheet and made a deal that was like within 2 points of each other (like a 2nd and 2 4ths for a late first and a future pick something like that). I tried a few other fair deals CPU even had small advantage according to sheet but they denied.
Can you post a link to the Jimmy Johnson trade sheet? Thanks

MLB: New York Yankees
NFL: New York Jets
NBA: New York Knicks
Old 11-06-2016, 05:30 AM   #509
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkraiusa
Here's my draft class finished, OVRs only recorded for players In the draft recap screen, game broke down towards the end so I didn't get all of them unfortunately, but still has main bulk of them.
Thanks very much. Any chance you could upload it in .zip format? I can't open rars on my laptop.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 11-06-2016, 06:44 AM   #510
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

is there a way to "dumb this down" for oldr versions of excel or for open office?
Old 11-06-2016, 01:14 PM   #511
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
is there a way to "dumb this down" for oldr versions of excel or for open office?
I ran it through a validation checker and there are just way too many things to ever make it compatible with 2003. It's just about everything, from number of columns/rows, nested formulae, unavailable functions, unavailable types of conditional formatting and data validation. No way I can make it work in versions of excel that old.

For Excel 2007, it looks like there are a few issues around data validation whereby the validation looks up values in other worksheets for it's list of allowed inputs, and it uses a couple of functions not available in 2007. Problem is that these functions do quite important things, so I can't really sacrifice them just for the sake of Office 2007 compatibility. I'll change the data validation in the skills, grades, and scouting requirements cells to reference a list rather than an array in another worksheet so Office 2007 users will at least be able to use that aspect of the tool.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2016, 03:55 PM   #512
Rookie

Khaos_Kiwi's Arena

Hey has anyone had any experience/success changing position type in the tool in order to change a prospect from do not draft to red chip, or red chip to blue chip, or just increase TVR rating?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »