Home

IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq

This is a discussion on IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2017, 04:27 PM   #81
#1 conrhusker fan

huskerfan4life's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq

I am definitely buying the game in fact I pre-ordered and I will probably just play MUT this year

Follow Me On Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/bigbadjz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2017, 11:28 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
For the past three years I have found Madden is a very good game to buy at the $20-$30 price point.

I personally value the game as such, and when dealing with the shortcomings of the product in relation to other sport titles in the industry, I find it's easier to cope with at the end of the day.

I don't think Madden is a bad game, but I do think it poorly represents it's sport in relation to other sport games on the market, and because of that Madden is not worth the entire $60.

I felt OTP would create an opportunity for Madden to attain that value (for me personally). The form that they've rolled OTP out in (through MUT), is a non-starter for me personally when other games in the sport genre do not make users jump through specific hoops to play with their friends. In NBA 2K I can play allstar teamup with 9 other people without ever "grinding" for cards, skill points, etc.
Honestly bro I used to play Madden strictly for Franchise/CFM but then that became boring because for years on end it was just a rehash of the previous versions. the same generic stadiums and teams, even still they haven't fixed the issue with opening the roofs.. The closed stadiums and night games has had serious lighting issues. If I wanted to play with the Colts, day games look beautiful with the roof open but I can't open the roof in CFM. So Im stuck with a team playing half the season in a dull looking stadium.

So then I switched to playing strictly online. And the biggest gripe I have is all of these years they still haven't fixed the blocking issues and instead of fixing the issue, EA instead has put in their own glitch where you can't blitz up the middle.
To me its just not enjoyable anymore. Or if I do play online and Im really good but then theres always "cheat plays" where certain plays WR are automatically open against certain coverages. Year end and year out EA just doesn't fix the issues but instead comes up with some gimmick to throw our attention off of the issues.

And the worst part of it all they have a monopoly on football games so theres no other choice but to try and be happy with a game we all know is incomplete.

Last edited by highmiles100; 07-08-2017 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:27 AM   #83
Rookie

IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq

The fact of the matter is, and I only say this because he does not work for tiberon anymore(as far as I know), loman screwed up franchise, period.

Ccm/CFM shouldn't exist, because all it has done is take out everything that made franchise mode decent, and for what?

It is time for CFM to be scrapped and true franchise mode to be brought back to madden.

That to me is the only way franchise is going to be where it needs to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-09-2017, 10:32 AM   #84
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Actually, he's been working out of the Austin, TX area on Longshot the past 4 years for Madden.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:29 AM   #85
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by highmiles100
And the worst part of it all they have a monopoly on football games so theres no other choice but to try and be happy with a game we all know is incomplete.
Historically Madden has always had a reputation for "scripted" gameplay.

imo the game manufactures plays outcomes to create "moments" where users can gawk at how flashy and exciting the game is. Playing this game online against other users is one of the worst experiences in gaming because the user is always at the mercy of the AI and how it decides to let the game play out. Madden is the only game I have ever played in my life where I can actually feel the loss of control when the AI is manufacturing an outcome.

This same type of problem is probably prevalent in 2K's basketball product as well. I wouldn't know though, because I'm not limited to playing 1 Vs. 1 "Play Now" games. I can play with all users and be assured that if anything goes wrong there is a human being at fault and not the AI creating an outcome.

We live in a capitalist society. I don't see Madden ever creating a game as fundamentally sound in relation to it's former competitors during their tenures. We've all known for years now, maybe a decade, this system needs to be changed from the ground up. We all also know that will not happen because EA is not going to invest the time nor resources into remaking a product that is already an annual revenue giant.

I think Madden goofed with the OTP. Other titles like 2K can push multiplayer modes that require a serious time or financial investment, the online gameplay warrants offline practice. Madden's gameplay can be so weak at times, it just does not warrant the same type of investment.

Maybe next year. Getting more users on the field is the only thing that is going to save this title for me in the future, because it lacks the depth and consistency to accurately simulate a real gameplan. 2K is an E-Sport giant, a very competitive arena that literally drives users to put up the time or money to keep up. Madden is not worth that yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2017, 11:37 AM   #86
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

[quote=Thunderhorse;2048897448

Maybe next year. Getting more users on the field is the only thing that is going to save this title for me in the future, because it lacks the depth and consistency to accurately simulate a real gameplan. 2K is an E-Sport giant, a very competitive arena that literally drives users to put up the time or money to keep up. Madden is not worth that yet.[/QUOTE]

Actually, Madden is becoming a huge E-sports giant. You would have to be living under a rock(not anyway directed at you) if you didn't notice the explosion from last years Madden E-Sports on Twitter.

In digital sales between FIFA and Madden, as of Feb. 2017, 800 million was spent on digital downloads.

It might not be worth it to you, but numbers indicated it's booming on the E-Sports end and will continue.

Last edited by roadman; 07-09-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:31 PM   #87
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Actually, Madden is becoming a huge E-sports giant. You would have to be living under a rock(not anyway directed at you) if you didn't notice the explosion from last years Madden E-Sports on Twitter.
Agreed Road. Not sure what the other poster is talking about. Madden is probably the biggest E-Sport game out there right now. As well as the competitive game of Madden has been a nuclear explosion recently.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 07-09-2017 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:45 PM   #88
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

For, off ball injuries and (if it means more injuries, penalties, possibly fumbled snaps and the like), sim mode are big bonuses for the CFM, because they will force you to manage your team and budget more like a real NFL team, in terms of prioritizing OL/DL realistically, which will in turn trickle down into making managing other aspects of your organization more realistic/enjoyable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »