Home

IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq

This is a discussion on IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2017, 05:24 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
The game needs a lot of work on coaching. Besides affecting performance each coach needs a different formula for evaluating overall to get some difference in free agency, drafting ect.
Definitely agree.
Just by adding a form of Coach/Team Logic would be huge for CFM. By adding Coaching staffs and having logic towards team-building and Playcalling, would go a long way in making CFM more realistic. Where each game would feel different and teams build teams differently.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:41 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

That most confusing part is like others have said some of the features mentioned were in the game and mysteriously vanish when Connected Franchise Mode appeared I believe it was, and never put back in. Sadly it seems to me that MUT seems to grow with new features each year and CFM is basically the same wash and repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2017, 08:34 PM   #75
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Before '13 came out we envisioned Madden gameplay with the franchise depth of Head Coach '09.HC09's weak point was gameplay so obviously we thought we were getting the best of both worlds.Why wouldn't that be expected because all that was needed was to copy a game that was going on 4 years old. That should've been the blueprint.

'13 was lacking to say the least.The gameplay has certainly improved alot since then but to still not be what HC09 was for franchise 9 years later is pretty sad. I'm just going by the CFM model not to mention where it was back in the ps2 days or even the improvements we were seeing by '12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2017, 07:29 PM   #76
Banned

Talking Re: IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq

Bought last years version early.. Played it for two weeks was super bored with it so I traded it in. 4 months later played it again with all of the updates and etc. it still played like crap in my opinion.

This year I won't waste my money or time, Ill let you all do that for me lol and watch it on twitch until NBA 2k18 comes out
Old 07-08-2017, 09:50 AM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by highmiles100
Bought last years version early.. Played it for two weeks was super bored with it so I traded it in. 4 months later played it again with all of the updates and etc. it still played like crap in my opinion.

This year I won't waste my money or time, Ill let you all do that for me lol and watch it on twitch until NBA 2k18 comes out
For the past three years I have found Madden is a very good game to buy at the $20-$30 price point.

I personally value the game as such, and when dealing with the shortcomings of the product in relation to other sport titles in the industry, I find it's easier to cope with at the end of the day.

I don't think Madden is a bad game, but I do think it poorly represents it's sport in relation to other sport games on the market, and because of that Madden is not worth the entire $60.

I felt OTP would create an opportunity for Madden to attain that value (for me personally). The form that they've rolled OTP out in (through MUT), is a non-starter for me personally when other games in the sport genre do not make users jump through specific hoops to play with their friends. In NBA 2K I can play allstar teamup with 9 other people without ever "grinding" for cards, skill points, etc.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:12 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Thumbs up Re: IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
For the past three years I have found Madden is a very good game to buy at the $20-$30 price point.

I personally value the game as such, and when dealing with the shortcomings of the product in relation to other sport titles in the industry, I find it's easier to cope with at the end of the day.

I don't think Madden is a bad game, but I do think it poorly represents it's sport in relation to other sport games on the market, and because of that Madden is not worth the entire $60.

I agree. I have had good times playing Madden past few years. But I havent bought it, because i know I wouldn't play it after a while. Madden has become a good game coming from its dark ages. But Madden is a sports game without depth. On the source, it's good enough to enjoy it. But it lacks re-playability if you're not a strict Online player.

I plan on buying it this year, but I'm still not completely sold on me playing much after NBA 2k come out. When it comes to MyLeague/GM, that should be the standard for sports games. That mode has a ton of depth outside the actual gameplay.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:27 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I agree. I have had good times playing Madden past few years. But I havent bought it, because i know I wouldn't play it after a while. Madden has become a good game coming from its dark ages. But Madden is a sports game without depth. On the source, it's good enough to enjoy it. But it lacks re-playability if you're not a strict Online player.

I plan on buying it this year, but I'm still not completely sold on me playing much after NBA 2k come out. When it comes to MyLeague/GM, that should be the standard for sports games. That mode has a ton of depth outside the actual gameplay.
I think this is the problem for Madden for me. It comes out right around every other game this fall (Destiny 2, Shadow of Mordor, Battlefront, COD, Assassins Creed, Crackdown, Red Dead, 2k).

With all those games coming out, it's tough for me to split the little time I have to two sports games. I usually play Madden now stop for a month and then never touch it.

That's why I wish non sports games would evenly distribute their release dates throughout the year even though that will never happen.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-08-2017, 01:44 PM   #80
Just started!

Last year was the first year I had not purchased Madden since 95. This year will be another pass for me also. I love football, I played and coached it for the better part of my life. Madden has always been a go to game each year for me. However it now does nothing for me anymore. Im a CFM type of guy and love to build teams, or have a career as a player, this game no longer does it for me. After 5 seasons in, I cant be beat, its too easy and I have nothing to tie me to new players or records to attain. While the game looks amazing and plays pretty darn good it just doesn't suck me in. I find myself playing MLB now and even NCAA 14 on PS3 but not Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »