Home

Madden 22 or 21?

This is a discussion on Madden 22 or 21? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2022, 08:30 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 22 or 21?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
Man I wish I had bought 21 when I got my Series S last summer. But since there were only a few weeks left until 22 released I just got EA Play to try it out in the meantime. Now you can't buy 21 on the XBOX store anymore and since the console is all digital, a physical copy is not an option.

I still have EA play but I hate that 21 will be removed eventually and I'll lose all ability to play it. Madden 20 was removed from EA play yesterday so I expect 21 will be removed next March when 23 becomes available on the service. I guess that gives me a year to enjoy 21 and hope 23 is up to par.

I guess if push comes to shove I'll just play 22 or 23 whenever 21 is no longer on EA Play, whichever has the better overall experience. I don't have any major issues with 22 so far but I haven't played a ton yet and seeing how many of the guys who usually play the latest game pretty much all year have moved back to older versions does not bode well.
first let me say with ALL sincerity...I'm really sorry for you and not being able to get Madden 21 downloaded. BUT THAT is the main reason I won't buy a digital console. I know many have and enjoy them and god bless them, but for me, I'll take my game DISC console everytime.
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark I hear your screams
Don't turn away, Just take my hand
I'll never leave, All I ask of you, Is Believe.

Believe

Savatage - RIP Chris Oliva - April 3, 1963 – October 17, 1993

Last edited by blackhawksfan4ever19; 04-02-2022 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-03-2022, 11:52 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawksfan4ever19
first let me say with ALL sincerity...I'm really sorry for you and not being able to get Madden 21 downloaded. BUT THAT is the main reason I won't buy a digital console. I know many have and enjoy them and god bless them, but for me, I'll take my game DISC console everytime.
I have a question about this...

I currently have a Series S, and I think I have 21 available via EA Play.

If I wanted to play that game for a really long time, the way to go would be to get a disc version of the XBOX NG console and a disc version of M21, correct?

If I were to do that, would I be able to transfer over my franchise save file from my series S to the disc-capable console, or would that franchise save file be lost or consigned only to the Series S?

Wanna make sure I have the logistics right, so thanks in advance for the help!
Old 04-04-2022, 01:47 PM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueHominid
I have a question about this...

I currently have a Series S, and I think I have 21 available via EA Play.

If I wanted to play that game for a really long time, the way to go would be to get a disc version of the XBOX NG console and a disc version of M21, correct?

If I were to do that, would I be able to transfer over my franchise save file from my series S to the disc-capable console, or would that franchise save file be lost or consigned only to the Series S?

Wanna make sure I have the logistics right, so thanks in advance for the help!
You might want to double check, but I think saves default to the Cloud on Xbox One consoles and greater. I don't have a gold subscription anymore and moved my old Xbone upstairs to be a streaming device. I fired up a couple BC games on it that I had played on my Series X, but NOT played before on the Xbone and the saves synced up perfectly fine.

I know thats not a definitive answer to your question, but in semi-similar situations I have not had issues.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2022, 10:02 PM   #36
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

Madden 20 is far superior then 21 and 22. Unfortunately it sucks you can't get updated rosters anymore. I think 21 is a good choice. 22 is still buggy as heck and the gameplay is wack.
Old 04-05-2022, 07:27 PM   #37
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
As it seems like the current trend, I too have gone back to M21 recently.

When M22 first came out, I thought it was great. So many things were going right, and lots of hope with the new game planning and all. I really hoped that the game planning would help CPU play calling. Since I use classic rosters all of the time, I was hoping I could "force" the AI to do what I wanted. Eventually I found that game planning seems to have zero impact on CPU play calling. It is, as it has been, all about the playbook being used.

I also enjoyed the momentum system at first. It added a nice layer of the ebb and flow of a real game. However, some of the bonuses and home field advantage bonuses just don't make sense and end up creating an unbalanced game.

The new scouting system was underwhelming to say the least. So....

I had played M21 on the Series X when it was free on EA Play. I really enjoyed it and even made a 1999 roster. However, once M22 came out I stopped playing it and devoted my time to M22. But, having been discouraged I decided to download M21 to my PS5 and give it another go.

The result... I was blown away at how much better certain aspects of gameplay really are. The overall animations are better, the running speed is more realistic, and ratings have a larger impact. Also, a player's weight and momentum matter more than in M22.

The franchise additions in M22 are not enough to offset the on the field issues and are not really missed when playing M21. Also, if you use classic rosters and like to make all 32 coaches, the options are better on M21.

So, it looks like I will be spending some serious time with M21 for awhile. I have also started working on a 1995 roster for M21, and while I only have a couple of teams done, I have played a couple of games, and it just feels like a better game.

The big question for me now is, will M23 improve enough to make me move on from M21?

Whoooooooo! Percussion I am so glad to read this.

1995 on Madden 21…..fantastic!!!

I too went back to 21 as the gameplay is simply better.

Period.

And yes even franchise mode….stable and the new scouting was a massive whiff of epic proportions.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-09-2022, 11:27 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Gone so far as to delete M22 from my laptop and Series S. Having a BLAST doing a coach mode player career on M21 NG. Just finished the regular season (Ronald Chase, QB drafted by PIT) at 11-5 and with a 1st round bye. Ronald Chase is pretty much a lock to win AFC OROY with 3666 yds and 27 TD.
Old 04-09-2022, 12:44 PM   #39
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

OVR: 3

I’m having fun with M21 as well. Started a Raiders franchise playing every game and even had the cpu QB go out with an injury. Kyler Murray fractured his foot the 3rd preseason game and is out 6 weeks.

Only thing that I’m a little bothered with is the opening cutscenes that show highlights from a game that hasn’t even been played yet. It makes no sense and M22 is a lot better with that part of the presentation. Still, not a huge deal and I’m having a lot of fun.
NHL - Los Angeles Kings
MLS - Los Angeles Galaxy
EPL - Newcastle United
Old 04-09-2022, 02:31 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman
Only thing that I’m a little bothered with is the opening cutscenes that show highlights from a game that hasn’t even been played yet. It makes no sense and M22 is a lot better with that part of the presentation. Still, not a huge deal and I’m having a lot of fun.
Definitely don’t care for that part. But, that’s been in play since NCAA 14 lol

Big showing in his 1st playoff appearance. Dominated CIN 52-34 in the divisional round at home!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16A6FCE2-75AC-4928-ADA2-E8CBB2DA35C7.jpg (104.6 KB, 122 views)

Last edited by NoleFan; 04-09-2022 at 03:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »