Home

Clint Interview with Hollywood Sports, Schmitty, and Simftballcritic

This is a discussion on Clint Interview with Hollywood Sports, Schmitty, and Simftballcritic within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2022, 04:07 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Clint Interview with Hollywood Sports, Schmitty, and Simftballcritic

My issue with Clint saying they base their gameplay tuning off of "player feedback" is which players are they listening to? I would've like him to elaborate more on that. My guess is they tune the game based on primarily competitive tourney guys & MUT player feedback. That shouldn't be the case. Just make the game as close to simulation as possible. I don't like how a particular crowd of gamers can have an effect on how the game plays for all of us. Wasn't that the reason they added the different gameplay styles (Simulation, Competitive & Arcade) a few years back? So they could tune the game separately?
Old 06-14-2022, 05:41 PM   #18
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
The questions that were being asked were great questions. The answers not so much and I blame that on the follow up to Clint’s responses were pretty weak.

The question on tuning is what they should of really dove into a bit deeper. There’s 3 basic crowds in Madden and it sounds like the tuning process is just skewed to whatever the majority requests regardless of where it comes from. At least that’s what I was hearing.

Thumbs up to Smitty for sneaking in the question on a wear and tear system. Hollywood also had a poorly articulated but great question on the trenches that really didn’t get an answer.

Hearing Sim and Smitty talk so fondly of the game makes me wish I would’ve tried harder on getting a beta code. My expectations were extremely low for Madden this year.
His answer to that question was horrible. He said they need to see how it would fit in other modes, why?

Last edited by Americas Team; 06-14-2022 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-14-2022, 09:27 PM   #19
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
So then what's the point of Simulation, Competitive, and Arcade? If the Comp crowd want more of a cheesy experience and EA wants to give it to them, then they should be able to get that by choosing Competitive. The way the game plays now is how it should play under Simulation; and Arcade should be over the top play.

As it stands now, when the tune the game to the Competitive crowds liking, the Sim crowd are the ones who take the hit and there is no purpose for choosing.
You want 1 gameplay team to balance 3 different game modes that requires coding and testing. They have had their hands full trying to make the game work as intended. The comp crowd doesn't want cheesy play. They want a game where their skills make the different not the ratings. (Except maybe speed but I wonder why they even have ratings on cards to begin with) They want things to work like real life as much as we do in the gameplay department. I'm sure there's a contingent of the player base that wants to throw 50 yard bombs every play but I see as much complaining from the Comp crowd about the gameplay as the sim crowd. We both want the same thing. Balance and real world football concepts.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2022, 10:35 PM   #20
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
You want 1 gameplay team to balance 3 different game modes that requires coding and testing. They have had their hands full trying to make the game work as intended. The comp crowd doesn't want cheesy play. They want a game where their skills make the different not the ratings. (Except maybe speed but I wonder why they even have ratings on cards to begin with) They want things to work like real life as much as we do in the gameplay department. I'm sure there's a contingent of the player base that wants to throw 50 yard bombs every play but I see as much complaining from the Comp crowd about the gameplay as the sim crowd. We both want the same thing. Balance and real world football concepts.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Not being funny, but you do realized that they advertised that...and they put it in the game to choose from. So if they are going to have it in the game then YES...that's exactly what I want. If it's not possible then just have one style for all and let us live with the consequences.

ETA

Check Canes21 last post in the Beta Impressions thread. He said they can tune the game on PC so that the 3 modes play completely different from each other. If they can do that, then there is nothing stopping EA from doing it. No excuse IMO.

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 06-15-2022 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-15-2022, 02:04 PM   #21
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Not being funny, but you do realized that they advertised that...and they put it in the game to choose from. So if they are going to have it in the game then YES...that's exactly what I want. If it's not possible then just have one style for all and let us live with the consequences.

ETA

Check Canes21 last post in the Beta Impressions thread. He said they can tune the game on PC so that the 3 modes play completely different from each other. If they can do that, then there is nothing stopping EA from doing it. No excuse IMO.
100% TRUE. Been doing it myself for 3 years now. The best thing they could do for the sim/franchise crowd is leave gameplay alone as it stands for next gen. Easy. put your work into competitive/arcade mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2022, 02:37 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

ETA

Maybe I'm confused here because I've never played madden on PC

But if I understand you correctly are you saying that the PC version of Madden can be tuned differently from consoles to play a different game on the field?

Does PC version have additional sliders or something we don't have on consoles?

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-15-2022, 02:49 PM   #23
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

But if I understand you correctly are you saying that the PC version of Madden can be tuned differently from consoles to play a different game on the field?

In a nutshell, the gameplay sliders you are familiar with manipulating in-game to create slider sets are an easy-to-digest abstraction of the literally thousands of different knobs Tiburon has at their disposal to tune basically every possible action, reaction, and interaction possible in the game. These knobs are not sliders, but rather are raw numbers and boolean values buried in game files.

If you know where to look, if you are willing to parse through a lot of information, and you have the right tools, you can make some very powerful changes by modifying the many files that contain those values which will make the game behave completely differently on the field.

Tiburon does not provide access to these values on consoles because there are literally too many knobs to turn, it would make the average Madden player’s head spin. Additionally, being a online head-to-head competitive game, Tiburon correctly defines a competitive preset for these values to ensure everyone is playing the same game.
Old 06-15-2022, 02:49 PM   #24
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

This was Canes21 post from the Beta Impressions thread regarding Arcade, Competitive, and Simulation Modes...

"The Play Styles can be tuned to be very different from one another, EA simply doesn't do that for whatever reason. On PC we can make it to where the game plays like 3 separate football games on each style if we want to and you know the proprietary tools EA has likely allow them to further tune the game even more than we can with the modding tools."

The only drawback with PC right now is that EA won't bring Next Gen to PC. So, PC is stuck with last gen gameplay. The thing is, if they can accomplish those 3 modes playing separately according to what they are supposed to be, then it shouldn't be an excuse as to why EA can't/won't. The game should be tuned to play according to the three different modes. That would solve a lot of issues IMO. But, if they are strictly going by which voices are the loudest then the Comp/H2H will win every time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »