Home

Clint Interview with Hollywood Sports, Schmitty, and Simftballcritic

This is a discussion on Clint Interview with Hollywood Sports, Schmitty, and Simftballcritic within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2022, 03:30 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Clint Interview with Hollywood Sports, Schmitty, and Simftballcritic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Maybe I'm confused here because I've never played madden on PC

But if I understand you correctly are you saying that the PC version of Madden can be tuned differently from consoles to play a different game on the field?

Does PC version have additional sliders or something we don't have on consoles?
As others have said, on PC we can basically mod the game and change values in ways that cannot be done on the console.

There are 100s if not over 1,000 different values we can toy with and with the right changes you can make it feel like a completely different version of Madden.

We are able change simple things like how much the weight of a lineman has an impact on their ability to block, or how close a defender needs to be to the QB for it to consider the QB being under pressure. We are also able to change more complex things like how the curve is shaped with regards to how ratings impact certain things. We can make it so 60 Run Block is no worse than 80, or we can make it so 60 Run Block is 1/20th as strong as an 80 rating.

Anyone who has messed with the mods will also notice how different the game feels and they should notice that when using a mod, like Sabo's for example, that you have to play on the right mode to actually see the mod work. That's because when we change these values, we change them per mode. So I can go in and make the Pass Velocities be 5x as fast on Arcade, default speeds on Competitive, and 75% of the default speed on Simulation.

We can drastically change many aspects of the game on each mode. It's weird that EA doesn't make each mode feel more different.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2022, 05:08 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 0

This would have been a great topic to bring up to Clint, or whomever in an interview.
Old 06-15-2022, 05:23 PM   #27
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

Quote:
Guy (Blessed Lyfe) tells clint the mobile QB's aren't running enough or sensing pressure.

The response is we still need to fine tune it for the AI.

You've had Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes on the cover your game in recent years and your still struggling to program AI mobile QB's to simulate their real life counterparts.

I'm just baffled as to why year after year this is still an issue with the way NFL is played today. That type of stuff should already be present regardless if it's a beta or not that's why you have those QB Traits in the game right.

There isn't a one-setting code that just makes QB's scramble or get outside the pocket and make throws. In Madden, everything works together and one thing affects the next, so tuning is inevitable. If they tweaked Pass Rush, OL, or pass coverage, the QB response times have to be reworked LAST. Download FET on PC and look under the hood of Madden and home many simultaneous moving parts there are.

This year specifically a lot of good pieces have been introduced or improved upon, which as stated by Smitty provides a GREAT foundation to build upon. In previous years I totally understand the continued frustration, but this year I have to give a bit of slack and patients for something like you mentioned above. Yes, it should be in the game already. But considering where Madden has come from, even 1-2 years ago... it's something I'm SURE they'll address, tune, and implement into this year's title with updates, hopefully being there at launch.

Last edited by PunkMonk; 06-15-2022 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-15-2022, 05:30 PM   #28
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
As others have said, on PC we can basically mod the game and change values in ways that cannot be done on the console.

There are 100s if not over 1,000 different values we can toy with and with the right changes you can make it feel like a completely different version of Madden.

We are able change simple things like how much the weight of a lineman has an impact on their ability to block, or how close a defender needs to be to the QB for it to consider the QB being under pressure. We are also able to change more complex things like how the curve is shaped with regards to how ratings impact certain things. We can make it so 60 Run Block is no worse than 80, or we can make it so 60 Run Block is 1/20th as strong as an 80 rating.

Anyone who has messed with the mods will also notice how different the game feels and they should notice that when using a mod, like Sabo's for example, that you have to play on the right mode to actually see the mod work. That's because when we change these values, we change them per mode. So I can go in and make the Pass Velocities be 5x as fast on Arcade, default speeds on Competitive, and 75% of the default speed on Simulation.

We can drastically change many aspects of the game on each mode. It's weird that EA doesn't make each mode feel more different.

A great point you make. I've been on the PC version for the last 3 years and it's really the only way to play if you're an offline-style player.

The only drawback is yet again PC will not be next-gen this year. I missed it last year and I really want the full next-gen experience. I have a machine that can handle it and it sucks not being able to maximize it. I can't see myself investing into a next-gen console just to play Madden (assuming it plays correctly or sliders can fix general issues) but the idea is tempting this year. Hopefully we get next-gen in '24.
Old 06-15-2022, 06:00 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkMonk
A great point you make. I've been on the PC version for the last 3 years and it's really the only way to play if you're an offline-style player.

The only drawback is yet again PC will not be next-gen this year. I missed it last year and I really want the full next-gen experience. I have a machine that can handle it and it sucks not being able to maximize it. I can't see myself investing into a next-gen console just to play Madden (assuming it plays correctly or sliders can fix general issues) but the idea is tempting this year. Hopefully we get next-gen in '24.
I wish that the PC version would eventually get the upgrade, but who knows when it will happen. If you're a fan of college football and will get that when it comes out, EA has only said it will be on the Series S/X and PS5, so I don't know if that sways your opinion on potentially buying a console. It's why I bought the S, plus I am a GamePass sub, so that also makes my Series S very worthwhile for how cheap it was.

I would love to be wrong and see Madden get the upgrade on PC next year, and see the CFB game surprisingly release on the PC also. I have a powerful rig that I'd love to see play both games at their peak settings.

― Plato
Old 06-15-2022, 07:46 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

wow

awesome

I'm not going to lie this makes me jealous as hell now knowing this stuff is actually possible but EA ain't going to tweak it.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 06-15-2022 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-15-2022, 08:31 PM   #31
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Quote:
wow

awesome

I'm going to lie this makes me jealous as hell now knowing this stuff is actually possible but EA ain't going to tweak it.
Finding out pc mods can not only change gameplay, but weather and how it affects gameplay, turned me off on madden. Knowing in someone's spare free time they can come up with this result, reading ppl debate what can and can't be done in a year cycle makes my phone power off smh.

It's not a can do issue and all we can do Is blame the suits for not letting the devs do this for whatever reason. Not sure if it will break the money maker modes or what, but dont know why they can't tweak these things while also improving comp n mut mode gameplay. Different settings but maybe it breaks and they refuse to invest in rebuilding from the ground up.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2022, 10:10 PM   #32
MVP

Not to beat a dead horse but I have to say it.. It also bothered me hearing Clint's response about Refs not being on the field during gameplay. While I appreciate his transparency (although I've heard many different reasons from people close to EA as to why they were removed in the first place), his generic company line response of "it's on the radar" & "they didn't have enough time" is getting old now.

Why is it that Madden is the only major sports title that seems to use that excuse every year? Imagine if NBA 2K didn't have referees on the court or if MLB the Show didn't have umpires on the field. The same can be said for Madden.

Referees are a HUGE part of football! They need to be on field & it should be priority for EA! Seeing refs throw their arms up for touchdowns & field goal attempts go hand & hand. Seeing refs throw flags on penalties, running down the sidelines, etc. is all part of the experience. Refs not being on the field is glaring & makes games feel more like scrimmages. I get that it might not be as important to some & that's fine, but for those like me who want simulation, refs not being on the field really hurts the overall immersion of the game.

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 06-16-2022 at 01:11 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »