Home

Clint Interview with Hollywood Sports, Schmitty, and Simftballcritic

This is a discussion on Clint Interview with Hollywood Sports, Schmitty, and Simftballcritic within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2022, 06:33 PM   #1
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Clint Interview with Hollywood Sports, Schmitty, and Simftballcritic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqXou_xptvU

Last edited by roadman; 06-13-2022 at 06:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2022, 06:57 PM   #2
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Clint Interview with Hollywood Sports, Schmitty, and Simftballcritic

With regards to Clint's answer regarding whether or not they will need certain aspects of gameplay, my question to him would be "How many gamers from the Sim/Franchise community did they give early codes to as opposed to the Comp community?

They are going to listen to the comp crowd simply because that community has the loudest voice. I'm not confident that the Madden 23 I've been playing for the last week will be the same Madden they release in August...and that will be a shame.

Just my opinion, but this interview is likened to a 7 inning slow pitch softball game.

"Anything is possible." - Clint

When I used to tell a female that I needed space, they would ask me if there was a chance we would get back together. My answer would be the same as Clint's. I knew full well there was no chance.
Old 06-13-2022, 07:09 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

The squeaky wheel get's the grease most times.

I'm sure that is why Clint referenced to use your voices in

the forums.

I heard Hollywood and Schmitty tell Clint, please don't water it down.
Old 06-13-2022, 07:15 PM   #4
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The squeaky wheel get's the grease most times.

I'm sure that is why Clint referenced to use your voices in

the forums.

I heard Hollywood and Schmitty tell Clint, please don't water it down.

I pray they don't. I didn't get a chance to play the Beta for 21 or 22. I am thoroughly enjoying the gameplay where it is now. Tweak but please don't need it water down.
Old 06-13-2022, 09:10 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

The questions that were being asked were great questions. The answers not so much and I blame that on the follow up to Clint’s responses were pretty weak.

The question on tuning is what they should of really dove into a bit deeper. There’s 3 basic crowds in Madden and it sounds like the tuning process is just skewed to whatever the majority requests regardless of where it comes from. At least that’s what I was hearing.

Thumbs up to Smitty for sneaking in the question on a wear and tear system. Hollywood also had a poorly articulated but great question on the trenches that really didn’t get an answer.

Hearing Sim and Smitty talk so fondly of the game makes me wish I would’ve tried harder on getting a beta code. My expectations were extremely low for Madden this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2022, 10:27 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
The questions that were being asked were great questions. The answers not so much and I blame that on the follow up to Clint’s responses were pretty weak.

The question on tuning is what they should of really dove into a bit deeper. There’s 3 basic crowds in Madden and it sounds like the tuning process is just skewed to whatever the majority requests regardless of where it comes from. At least that’s what I was hearing.

Thumbs up to Smitty for sneaking in the question on a wear and tear system. Hollywood also had a poorly articulated but great question on the trenches that really didn’t get an answer.

Hearing Sim and Smitty talk so fondly of the game makes me wish I would’ve tried harder on getting a beta code. My expectations were extremely low for Madden this year.
The point is not to back the Dev into an corner & make him uncomfortable, esp since it was this same type of approach that made them resend back to the back dealing with interaction with the community.

A lot of folk forget the Dev’s don’t have to interact with the community.

This corner them ideology only comes from folk/avenues whom have never lead to anything tangle the Dev’s can use.

Like Clint stated about 6yrs ago, even whe the Dev team tries to be transparent and explain what’s really going on, many just don’t want to except them being truthful.
- even Rex took heat from gamers for being up front in interviews as best as he could.

There’s a lot of mending that has to be done because of how knuckleheads have approached the Dev’s in the past and this was a good initial interview and Q/A that hopefully leads to many more with Hollywood and others.

Last edited by khaliib; 06-13-2022 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-13-2022, 10:50 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
The point is not to back the Dev into an corner & make him uncomfortable, esp since it was this same type of approach that made them resend back to the back dealing with interaction with the community.

A lot of folk forget the Dev’s don’t have to interact with the community.

This corner them ideology only comes from folk/avenues whom have never lead to anything tangle the Dev’s can use.

Like Clint stated about 6yrs ago, even whe the Dev team tries to be transparent and explain what’s really going on, many just don’t want to except them being truthful.
- even Rex took heat from gamers for being up front in interviews as best as he could.

There’s a lot of mending that has to be done because of how knuckleheads have approached the Dev’s in the past and this was a good initial interview and Q/A that hopefully leads to many more with Hollywood and others.
Agreed there is definitely a balance that should be taken when doing an interview. If my post came off as chasing Clint with a pitchfork that certainly isn’t what I meant.
Old 06-13-2022, 11:03 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
Agreed there is definitely a balance that should be taken when doing an interview. If my post came off as chasing Clint with a pitchfork that certainly isn’t what I meant.
You good.

I was in the same boat of get him to go deeper about the Gameplay Sliders, but I also understand that that’s not an area he can speak to.

But he did say if we want to see a certain impact happen from the Sliders to let them know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »