Home

Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #49
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Good idea Ian.

Just please don't disappoint us with something like.....windsocks and Super Bowl patches.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:22 PM   #50
Rookie

Schotzie's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas?

Franchise Franchise and ......Franchise
Old 01-27-2011, 04:42 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Since you can't give away any "goodies', wouldn't this be a great time to talk about the boring gameplay fixes that aren't good enough for the back of the box? All new special teams animations. All new pass rush animations, including speed rushes, ect. Gap/contain assignments! Other small things like engaged player mobility, improved gang tackling, authentic NFL AI.

You'd have to be the biggest Madden fan to be watchig a Madden video during Super Bowl half time. Might as well show the hardcore stuff.
This type of stuff is exactly why if I were doing it I would focus on the players that are a big part of the Steelers and Packers and showcase how Madden 12 intends to have their video game counterpart more lifelike.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #52

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
I passed on Madden '10 and Madden '11 which really sucks to me because I love football so much. The biggest thing I want to see is more fluid looking animations and just better/new animations overall, can't stress that enough.
This. At this point a lot of what I want to see is better animations and more fluid movement.

I passed on Madden 11 and it wasn't even hard to do which came as huge surprise to me. I miss playing football but, I won't waste money on another Madden that I feel isn't where it should be. I can't deal with consistently seeing those same hit animations and just all of them in general over and over again that weren't that good to begin with.

I want plays to feel different and doesn't feel like I'm replaying the same similar game because, of the hit animations. I can almost tell what the hit is going to look like before the hit even occurs.

I'm just hoping for better gameplay.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 0

you should do one during the pro bowl and the super bowl!!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #54
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5
Franchise info is basically all I care about. Any tidbits on that would make me happy
Old 01-27-2011, 07:34 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 9

Since you can't tell us significant things that will be in the game, please tell us some things, that you're positive about, that won't be in the game. There are things in Madden that bother a good number of gamers. Telling us that they're gone will satisfy gamers without derailing the hype train before it even gets started.

Honestly, I'm not really that excited about hearing any features now because, more than likely, the features will be small things with the meat of the info coming months down the road.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #56
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Tackling Animations

Lots and Lots of tackling animations!!!....for as many positions as you can show us

And then focus in on..... B-Roeth and A-Rod extending the pocket and making plays

Im so tired of not being able to use Bens best strengths in Madden.....He consistently shrugs off rushers and makes plays.........yet in Madden he barely can break any tackles behind the line of scrimmage

A-Rod should be quick on his feet and should show the ability to flip and scramble in the opposite direction...Boy does it look ugly in Madden when all they do is run straight right to the sidelines....A-Rod should show off his ability to feel where the rush is coming and step up and scramble accordingly

And there should be different animation for each......Ben should be physically pushing off more defenders while A-Rod has Elusive animations

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 01-27-2011 at 07:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »