Home

Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #329
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawk886
Unfortunately, it looks as if changing schemes will not be available for already started Connected Careers. I just received a reply back from my tweet...

Christopher Weiner ‏@Ctweiner
@EAMaddenNFL How do you change the offensive and defensive schemes of a coach in an already started online Connected Career?

11:52 AM - 15 Oct 12 · Details
38m EA SPORTS Madden NFL ‏@EAMaddenNFL
@ctweiner You will have the begin your connected careers fresh!
can you change them for all teams? in a ccm
Old 10-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #330
MVP

yanksdaniel99's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3)

Has anyone gotten custom rosters to work in CCM ? No luck so far ....
Old 10-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #331
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Seriously?

Like...really? Packers actually ran a play? Ravens actually ran the ball twice needing a TD with :13 left in the game?

I...don't...what...

God's honest truth....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #332
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Levy
As I've looked more at it, I've found out that the tiny linemen glitch is most definitely caused by editing the O-Linemen.

I just went into the edit menu of Tyron Smith, didn't edit anything, exited and sure enough get to the game and he's just like my two drafted guards. So it's not a draft issue or player issue, it's an edit issue.

I would think it'd be best to put a warning out there to not attempt to edit any offensive linemen for fear of the glitch showing up. Once you enter the edit menu for offensive linemen, it somehow automatically resets their appearance traits to 0 and you can't change them back.

It has happened to me in both online and offline CCMs. So beware, I suppose.

Happens with D line also, dunno about other positions, just more noticeable with the "big uglies" I guess.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #333
Rookie

OVR: 0

Does anyone know how to set up a co-op offline CCM? Sorry if this has been answered already.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #334
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
I believe EA/Tiburon need to go get a copy of Front Page Sports: Football Pro '98 and examine how they did CPU play calling....Not only did they allow editing of the game plans and game profiles, but they had available not only down and distance to edit play calling by, but also time remaining in each half and the difference in score....
I don't think they need to copy other games necessarily. Football logic isn't too difficult to figure out. Tricky to implement into a game but it can be done if you put the effort into it. But the logic has never been a priority for EA/Madden and I don't see that ever changing. I don't think they've touched that aspect of the game in over a decade. In fact, it feels worse than versions of the game like Madden 01 and Madden 02.

It does kind of suck since I think upgrades to the coaching AI would be huge toward gameplay. It is odd that the game is named after a former NFL coach when the AI coaching is that of my GF who knows next to nothing about football.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #335
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
I noticed in some previous posts the issue on whether play calling by the CPU has been adjusted....And the play calling of the patriots was brought up and that they are throwing more....Some countered and said there is still not a good representation of team specific tendencies.....

I just wanted to point out that MAYBE some may have a clouded idea of team tendencies? Do the Patriots and Tom Brady pass ALOT more than run?

According to this years stats: http://www.patriots.com/games-and-stats/statistics.html

PASS ATT : 243
Run ATT: 217

I would not call the Patriots a Pass happy team.... Maybe the AI/CPU is not as bad as some may believe, just their impressions of what teams are doing might be a little off? Just offering a possibility....

Pats playcalling seems to be trying to find itself.

Week 1: 48 pass, 16 rush
Week 2: 48 pass, 28 rush
Week 3: 41 pass, 34 rush
Week 4: 36 pass, 40 rush
Week 5: 34 pass, 54 (!) rush
Week 6: 58 (!) pass, 26 rush

So they go pass-heavy, then 3 rush-heavy, then air it out again. Week 5, they played Denver - wonder how much of that was trying to keep Peyton off the field? If it was, does the CPU in M13 consider things like that?

Going back to last year, the Pats had 612 pass, 438 rush - 58%, which is still not pass-heavy. It's about average I believe.

However, the real questions are:

-Does this vary by team? If ALL teams are around 48-52% pass, then that's an issue, imo.

-Does it vary by YOUR personnel? Like the possibility of running more than usual to try to keep your elite offense/QB off the field.

-Does it vary when teams get new coaches? Again, if all schemes have similar run/pass ratios for the CPU teams, imo, that's an issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #336
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Typically, the Niners run more than they pass.
The only team in the NFL that ran more than passed in 2011 was Oakland. Even the 49ers threw more than they ran (can't forget to include sacks with pass attempts). It sounds like this aspect of the game was not touched. Will check it out tonight for myself. The Patriots were pretty bad pre-patch so I will play a game against them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »