Home

Madden NFL 25 Hands On Impressions, Three Articles From UTC

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Hands On Impressions, Three Articles From UTC within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2013, 01:59 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 25 Hands On Impressions, Three Articles From UTC

I knew about the toughness rating but I was more referring to the doubtful and probable injuries making a return. Also playing with injuries and taking more or less of rating hit depending on the injury/toughness rating.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:57 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
"When you add in the fact that “zig-zag” running has pretty much been eliminated and foot planting animations are heavily in effect…"

Pretty much isn't good enough.

If I can weave as a Running back in Madden 25, I will refrain from purchasing.
EA has already tried to implement better foot planting this gen with Madden 11. In short, it wasn't properly implemented into Madden 11 and the game suffered as a result. I was at least hoping for movement/locomotion on par with the FIFA series but for some reason, it just didn't pan out that way.

If EA doesn't implement proper foot planting this second time around, then I'm almost certainly not going to buy Madden 25.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:59 AM   #35
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
I knew about the toughness rating but I was more referring to the doubtful and probable injuries making a return. Also playing with injuries and taking more or less of rating hit depending on the injury/toughness rating.
Yup

A guy who breaks his leg in week 17 should firstly have that injury carry into the following season. That needs to be included firstly, before anything else.

He should then have a 'recovery' period in which the player can be listed as doubtful or probable. If you leave the player out of action throughout the time frame until they are 100% the re-injury chances should be almost non existent and ratings should return to normal.

You, as a coach, would have the choice to bring a player back early but may face the player being less highly rated in an appropriate rating (such as agility) and they may also have a higher probability of getting hurt.

A guy with 99 toughness may recover quicker than someone with a 70 toughness rating, while also having a less dramatic hit on their ratings during the probable/doubtful period.

The current system feels too random.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 03:06 AM   #36
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth437
EA has already tried to implement better foot planting this gen with Madden 11. In short, it wasn't properly implemented into Madden 11 and the game suffered as a result. I was at least hoping for movement/locomotion on par with the FIFA series but for some reason, it just didn't pan out that way.

If EA doesn't implement proper foot planting this second time around, then I'm almost certainly not going to buy Madden 25.
I agree completely. Having played FIFA and really feeling the effects of height/weight/strength/momentum as well as realistic movement (to an extent) I expected Madden to follow their lead.

If the left stick controls with regards to player movement are still overpowered and render juke, spin and trucking moves almost useless in Madden 25, the new feature will be proven to be entirely pointless.

The air of uncertainty surrounding the removal of 'zig zag running' has me worried. If it'd have been properly dealt with, having any move on the left stick dictated by realistic physics and movement, then I am sure EA would be promoting the **** out of it. Not allowing it to be mentioned in passing the way it has been.

It seems to me that all they've done is tried to create a more attractive and effective alternative without addressing the root cause of the problem. Obviously, when people realise that a spin move uses stamina but a sharp cut on the left stick doesn't, they will abandon the spin move and just weave their way through defenses like they have for as long as I can remember.

I'll also be intrigued to know if the amendments to pursuit means that zig zagging does not 'shake off' a trailing defender as perfectly as it does currently.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:06 AM   #37
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
This.

I'd love to see this along with a wear and tear injury system tied to the injury rating. Have a guy with 70 injury and a sprained ankle linger longer than a guy with 90 injury. Also the guy with 70 injury has more of a chance of re injuring that same ankle over his career.
We can only hope a revised version of the wear n tear injury system from HC09 made it into Connected Franchise mode in M25. I just can't get immersed in a franchise with a lack of injury representation.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:39 AM   #38
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

sounds like we finally have some foot-planting.....just need to *see* how it looks now....
Old 04-25-2013, 07:53 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 15

One of my biggest issues with "Run Free" is that this is really only focusing on the ball carrier. By all accounts, this game needs a complete overhaul of locomotion/footplanting/Acceleration-De-Celeration/Running Animations, to ALL PLAYER ON THE FIELD.

How silly is it going to look if the RB's are planting their feet but everybody else on the field is gliding and sliding all over the field with no representation of how a real person would run.

The NHL team just did a complete re-write to their skating engine last year, and the results were great. They have a much smaller team, and much lower budget. Why can EA Tiburon not add locomotion like FIFA and NHL have?

Old 04-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #40
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

It's really difficult to have a positive or negative opinion on the new "features" given EA's track record of executing the intent of the new additions in the game. My biggest fear is the same as it is every year. And it's that they put too much time working on and implementing new things into the game and ignore some of the biggest issues of last year's game (predictable play calling and broken stamina). I understand that in the first trailer they won't come and talk about fixes, but new running action and any other feature is irrelevant if it doesn't resolve some of the grating issues from M13. Football is a very intricate game on and off the field and there are a lot of areas if not fixed or implemented properly can render the game unplayable. Finally....

......when someone at OS gets a chance to spend time with the game and post their thoughts, then I'll listen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »