Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: All Star Game

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: All Star Game within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 12
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: All Star Game

I can't remember. Were broken bats in 2K8? I was wondering if they were going to be in 2K9, and it looks like this video answers that question.

- Mike Royko
Old 02-23-2009, 10:59 AM   #34
Rookie

coachpars's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRyan33
Nice video, still see plenty of balls being hit hard that shouldn't be. The game looks so good, but I really hope the hitting isn't broken. It would be a game killer.
It was a compilation of hits throughout the course of an all star game.the final score wasnt 15 -12...sheeesh. One thing thou, no crow hop by outfielders when they picked the ball up while moving away from home plate. they stopped, stepped and threw... Thought that looked cool.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 7

great hit variety...even broken bat line drive singles, you dont see thse every day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 11:05 AM   #36
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKermit
I can't remember. Were broken bats in 2K8? I was wondering if they were going to be in 2K9, and it looks like this video answers that question.
Even with the broken bat frequency bumped up to "Often" in the options menu, they were still few and far between. Not like once a game rare, but like once every 10-20 games rare...in fact I've been playing 2K8 over the past few weeks and haven't seen one yet (probably 8 games or so).
Old 02-23-2009, 11:06 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 13

The hit variety in this video is fantastic.

There's a soft, looping liner hit down the line in right that turns into a double. That hit didn't exist in 2K8, nor did the ground ball between third and short that made it through for a hit. I also like the squib hit to Lee -- the hitter clearly tried to pull a low and away pitch.

We all want the game to play well out of the box. But I do get the sense that slider tweaks could turn 2K9 into a good to very good baseball game. I don't want anything to pull me away from Street Fighter 4 (it's wonderful), but MLB 2K9 may do just that.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:17 AM   #38
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Imo the ball is STILL getting to the wall way too fast which relates to ground friction or lack there of. other than that & the swing animations, there's definitely an improvement from 08.
i change my opinion on the field dimensions...they seem to look alot better this year. i don't know if it's the camera angle,players proportioned to field, or what. they're think they're smaller this year for some reason...which is a good thing.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 7

Why is the AL the home team in this video???? I'm thinking (hoping) this was a "Play Now" All-Star Game, otherwise it will be awkward playing with the AL as the home team. Unless this was from the 2010 All-Star Game, then it might make sense.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:26 AM   #40
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Imo the ball is STILL getting to the wall way too fast which relates to ground friction or lack there of.
Same goes from throws back in from the wall to the IF. The ball starts off too fast and then doesn't slow down enough resulting in guys like Johnny Damon throwing runners out like he is Vlad Guerrero or Ichiro. This has been a problem for too long.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »