Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: All Star Game

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: All Star Game within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2009, 01:09 PM   #49
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: All Star Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Rogers
Baa, he pulled high outside pitch, it did EXACTLY what it should have done. He got on top of it and hit a line drive, a tomahok(sp?) swing.
In that screencap it looks like his wrists aren't rolled yet, in case you were thinking that his bat head had already crossed the plane and he was ahead of the pitch. Looks like he's ready to take it the other way.

And again, it just looks weird when he crushes a pitch when it's off the end of the bat.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-23-2009, 01:10 PM   #50
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
It's not that, it's that when you play a day game, it's going to finish at night. Not only that, but it's going to jump rather instantly in less than an inning!
Did you notice the innings moved? In the 7th it was getting dusk, and was darker in the bottom of the 9th. It was hardly pitch black in the 9th as well.

Overanalyzing it is all you're doing. It's a videogame. It has day to night progression, I'm fine with that. Maybe because I'm older and been through this for so long, I realize that these games aren't going to be perfect.

You complained about the same thing for The Show. Just be happy it's in both games, that's all I can say, or just complain about it over and over again. We both know you're never buying 2K9 anwyay.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 02-23-2009, 01:14 PM   #51
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Well, that wasn't a full game clip, & they prolly speeded up the lighting progressiveness due to short clip or in the alpha version...maybe
Steve is capturing these videos himself, and he just played the game and used his video editor to cut and splice. Right now, I'm putting my money on it just being because of the beta version of the game and that it won't really be like that, but we can never know for sure. Yes, it would be distracting for my day games to jump and end at night.

This is the third time we have seen it in a "full game" effect, and it first struck me as odd when Steve said that he didn't ever notice any progressive lighting, because it's actually more obvious than ever this way (maybe he was thinking of something else). The Gamespot developer said the same thing though. Maybe they got a new beta code and didn't tell us or something, and at least that way it's showing that they're fitting it into the game and this section is now a "work in progress."

Again, I'm not really calling out the developers on this one because I trust they won't let this happen in the retail version, but I'm actually more alarmed that you guys don't seem to care. It's a big concern, and would account for laziness in my opinion. I'd prefer they just don't have it in the game if it does what it does.

I mean it seems fine for the first 8 innings, but then...
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 01:17 PM   #52
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Did you notice the innings moved? In the 7th it was getting dusk, and was darker in the bottom of the 9th. It was hardly pitch black in the 9th as well.
It's the first thing I looked for (which is what I do whenever I play these games), and I was getting giddy that it was looking really good. Then the ninth inning was like... whoa.

Quote:
Overanalyzing it is all you're doing. It's a videogame. It has day to night progression, I'm fine with that. Maybe because I'm older and been through this for so long, I realize that these games aren't going to be perfect.

You complained about the same thing for The Show. Just be happy it's in both games, that's all I can say, or just complain about it over and over again. We both know you're never buying 2K9 anwyay.
I didn't complain the same thing for The Show, because I wasn't complaining. I asked them if that's how it was going to be.

Keep in mind that the main reason I ever state something that's a negative is because I really hope that it will be addressed for the following year. How does my reiterating do that? I do it to hope that everyone else here sees the same issue and we all jump in together in a wishlist and state what's wrong with it. Then SimBaller or someone else notices that it's rather glaring by the community's feedback, and it becomes a priority in the game to address for the next year.

You see? Constructive criticism.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Blzer, there's some type of progression going on. Watch the video again. You can see clouds moving from left to right between the 2 buildings beginning @ the 45 second mark of the video & during the rest of the video.

It just may be not as good as it was in 2k7. The developer's confirmed it was in during the 2k chat

Quote:
Q: Is there progressive lighting? "A: Yes, we have progressive lighting."
Quote:
Q:Is the dynamic lighting as great as it was in MLB2K7 or has there been sacrificies to help the overall engine run more smoothly?
A:" It's better than it was in last year's game, it's up to you to decide if it's as good as MLB2K7 or not."
Old 02-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4
I'd love to find out if this was a cpu vs cpu game and what were the sliders used. Looking back at last 3 years , half of those hits would have been homeruns.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 9

Let me pose this question:

If the lighting progression was perfect, I mean, they captured the sun's position to the equator, and made the track of the sun as true as it is in real life, but the left-handed hitters couldn't hit a homerun because of a lefty-power glitch...

Would more of us be happy that the sun's rays are accurately portrayed with regards to their position in the heliocentric universe model (or one of us)

or... would more of us live with the fact that it was darker in inning 8 than it was in inning 6, but the gameplay finally found the target?

Not naming names of course.

syf
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 13
Who cares about the ASG if they're not wearing the correct uniforms?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »