Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: All Star Game

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: All Star Game within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2009, 11:50 AM   #41
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: All Star Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealyerface
The one thing that I am very happy to see, and this video shows it off quite well, is that the size of the field in relation to the size of the players seems to have been scaled a bit more properly than 2k's previous attempts.

One of my gripes last year was that it was next to impossible to get anything other than a screamer between the infielders, and even then, a lot of those missles were stabbed on the diving attempts. It look like this year we may get to see more balls that would normally find their way through the infield, actually get through.

I also have seen some balls find the gap in the outfield, and again, those outfielders covered a lot of fround last year, not only because they were super-fast, but because they were just too big. It was like having three 10 foot tall outfielders that ran a 4.15 forty yard dash out there.

Might be good news.

syf
Exactly what I was thinking as I watched the clip. I wasn't sure if it was because the field was larger in relation to the players (looks that way to me) or some other change, but it certainly looks encouraging. Most of those ground ball hits would have been gobbled up by the supermen dives of 2K8...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 8
Is every kind of pitch hittable in the game? There was one where the ball was under the guys chin and he hit it to the wall in right, then one where it was out away by a foot and the guy pulled it to the wall. Is this what I can expect with this game? Even if he was playing on rookie with all the sliders boosted for the player, he shouldn't be hitting those pitches to the wall...
Old 02-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #43
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Well looks like you can have several players on one team with the same number. How hard is it to fix this!!!!!!!! I mean they have already done so many little things to make the game more realistic.

Last edited by JayD; 02-23-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:20 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysco13
BigH.........You are absolutely right and I am wrong....My mind went right to "these guys simmed up to the all star game" when they probably simply picked a quick game of the all star game. I went to MLB.com and confirmed that those were career totals.. This is a good lesson that idiots like myself should think before they type!!
It has nothing to do with being an idiot or not

I just assumed by the numbers that those were career stats. Just made more sense. I could have easily been wrong as I didn't go and check the stast on MLB.com as you did

So you verified the data and confirmed my assumption

Would have been a pretty big hole in their new stat simulation engine if those would have been season numbers
Old 02-23-2009, 12:31 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_sz
Is every kind of pitch hittable in the game?
This one landed in the 2B's glove who had to shift over to the RF side to catch it:

After going back and replaying the vid, I'd say half the hits looked realistic, the other half questionable. If you stop the vid just before each hit, it seems a lot of the hits don't end up where they appear to be hit. The ball jumps off the bat in what seems to be an arbitrary manner.

Last edited by baa7; 02-23-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 01:02 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 5

Baa, he pulled high outside pitch, it did EXACTLY what it should have done. He got on top of it and hit a line drive, a tomahok(sp?) swing.
For me that was a fantastic complitation of hits, just wonderful. Many that we haven't seen before, thanks for putting it up Steve.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:03 PM   #47
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Looks good, so does the day to night progression, I'm not going to use a sun dial to make sure the sun is in the exact position for every game. I do like how the buildings have the lights on at night. Nice touch.
It's not that, it's that when you play a day game, it's going to finish at night. Not only that, but it's going to jump rather instantly in less than an inning!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #48
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
It's not that, it's that when you play a day game, it's going to finish at night. Not only that, but it's going to jump rather instantly in less than an inning!
Well, that wasn't a full game clip, & they prolly speeded up the lighting progressiveness due to short clip or in the alpha version...maybe

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »