Home

MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2011, 07:07 AM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

I've got a question that's been bugging me for the past few days now... I have a SP in MP mode, currently at 66 overall rating... what is the quickest way to move the overall rating up? which stats should be improved on first? i've got a fastball (max 93mph, 69 rating), 12-6 curve (58 rating), and changeup (65 rating)...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2011, 06:44 AM   #146
Rookie

PutridExistence's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeBombTown
Is it at all possible to adjust the roster and lineups of the team you play for? I ask because I just got clled up to the Giants and the lineups are really unrealistic, especially in relation to what the game uses in MLB Today. For example, it has Rowand starting at RF instead of Ross or Schierholtz and Freddy Sanchez in the #8 spot. Also, Buster is still in the lineup and that just plain makes me sad. I don't understand why the My Player mode doesn't use current rosters like how MLB Today does.
The only answer I can give you is because it's completely separate from the MLB Today/real lineups. In my Angels franchise (and even my Giants one), there are players who are on the DL in real life, yet are not on the DL in franchise.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #147
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeBombTown
Is it at all possible to adjust the roster and lineups of the team you play for? I ask because I just got clled up to the Giants and the lineups are really unrealistic, especially in relation to what the game uses in MLB Today. For example, it has Rowand starting at RF instead of Ross or Schierholtz and Freddy Sanchez in the #8 spot. Also, Buster is still in the lineup and that just plain makes me sad. I don't understand why the My Player mode doesn't use current rosters like how MLB Today does.
Its not in sync with MLB today, your my player may be in year 2, MLB today is at the exact point it is in the real MLB season, so its impossible to keep rosters updated in career modes unless you were able to control all teams and do it yourself. The only thing you can do is restart your my player with the latest rosters but even those rosters will eventually be outdated.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:51 PM   #148
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm new to this game. Just got it a couple days ago. But I was wondering in this game mode, could you turn off like Base-running or something similar like you can in the show?

Thanks.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #149
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Started a player a few weeks ago as a SP in the Twins organization. Finally got called up in mid-August after going 6-3 with a 2.50 ERA and 1 save. Averaged 8 K's a game in the minors and had one game with a 1 hit CG shutout.

Going to pitch my 1st major league game tonight.

Love MyPlayer but the run support when you are pitcher is pretty weak. I'm lucky to get over 4 runs a game out of the offense. Lost two games strictly due to no production out of them. Never gave up more than 5 runs in a game but had 3 minor league losses and 3 no decisions.

Oh well, it made pay close attention to my pitches.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 06-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #150
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Is base running a complete guess to everyone else or does anyone have some kind of tip that I am missing.

When I am running and the ball is hit in the air, I have no clue where it is going. I can't tell if it is a pop up to the SS or a double to the gap...I pretty much just run on anything.

I wish we could change the camera view. It's nice to have the behind the runner view when leading off and stuff, but once the ball is in play I might as well be blindfolded.

Also, I wish we could speed up the base running process even more. I think I play with the most patient hitters in the world. Every at bat seems to be 8 pitches and after walks and strike outs I am almost always stranded on base.

I want to say I have like 2X as many RBI's as hits. Through 60 games, I think I have about 48 RBI's and like 22 runs or something.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:27 PM   #151
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Is base running a complete guess to everyone else or does anyone have some kind of tip that I am missing.

When I am running and the ball is hit in the air, I have no clue where it is going. I can't tell if it is a pop up to the SS or a double to the gap...I pretty much just run on anything.

I wish we could change the camera view. It's nice to have the behind the runner view when leading off and stuff, but once the ball is in play I might as well be blindfolded.

Also, I wish we could speed up the base running process even more. I think I play with the most patient hitters in the world. Every at bat seems to be 8 pitches and after walks and strike outs I am almost always stranded on base.

I want to say I have like 2X as many RBI's as hits. Through 60 games, I think I have about 48 RBI's and like 22 runs or something.

I got tired of that too, so I just started stealing if it was taking forever until I got thrown out or made it to 3rd. I figure it's "My" player, so it's all about my guy raking up stats. Turning on hurry up mode works too, it speeds it up quite a bit because it takes out the post pitch animations but you've probably done that already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2011, 01:13 AM   #152
Rookie

Grumpykore's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm into my 2 yr stint will the M's organization as a closer....and MR...while floating around AAA now.

i hope i did not do anything wrong...I have had 2 spring training invites and pitched both season very well 16+ saves and 1.08 era. with quite a bit of strikeouts.

I hope to be called up soon, i hope i did not kick myself in the *** while waiting to reach all but one goal +pitch at 60 rating.

Maybe it will make a me a better closer in MLB so I stay...well see, this is my first attempt at my player....

Any tips would be helpful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »