Home

Old 03-14-2011, 04:33 AM   #41
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: CPU vs CPU

Just some quick stats from a day of games within franchise:

CLE 2 (6 hits, 0 errors) @ DET 7 (8 hits, 0 errors)
Game doubles - 4, triples - 1, HRs - 1, SB - 3

TEX 3 (10,0) @ LAA 2 (5,0)
3 doubles, 0 HRs, 2 SB)

OAK 5 (9,0) @ SEA 3 (8,1)
2 doubles, 3 HR, 2 SB, 1 CS

PHI 6 (12,0) @ ATL 5 (9,2)
8 doubles, 2 HRs, 1 SB, 1 CS

WAS 3 (7,1) @ FLA 4 (5,1)
2 doubles, 2 HR, 1 SB

CIN 3 (8,0) @ NYM 1 (5,0)
4 doubles, 1 HR, 2 SB

STL 2 (5,1) @ HOU 5 (10,0)
1 double, 5 HRs, 3 CS

PIT 7 (12,4) @ MIL 6 (5,0)
5 doubles, 1 HR, 2 SB

LAD 2 (9,0) @ ARI 3 (11,0)
3 doubles, 1 HR, 2 CS

CUBS 7 (17,1) @ SD 2 (5,0)
5 doubles, 1 HR, 1 SB

COL 0 (5,0) @ SF 1 (6,0) in 13inns
3 doubles, 1 HR, 2 SB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 4

Hey Nin and Dai, I was in this conversation last year as I am an MOM guy who wants the most realistic stats as possible. I used you guys last year and love the results. This year I told myself I was going to get rolling with my MOM franchise right out of the box because I have never completed a 162 game season. 4 games in with the O's and I am having 2nd thoughts about the "default" game. Not because I am 0-4 , but because so far it seems there are too many HR. I know 4 games are not NEAR enough to go on, but reading you guys thread it seems my thoughts of too much power were spot on.

Couple of examples: 1st series was at TB, they hit 6 HR in 3 games, I hit 7. Jaso hit 3 for them (not much of a power hitter), B.Roberts hit 2 for me. Seems 80-90% of the runs were scored via the HR. Next game was at home vs DET, I lost 1-3 (all runs were of the solo HR variety, J.Peralta hit 2) So, through 4 games I have hit 8 HR & allowed 9. Again when I am managing my team I am basically afraid of giving up the long ball and not much else.

I don't want to start over particularly as I "watch" the entire game which takes me 2-3 hours. But I might have to, as I am the type that has to have realistic games. Love this game and really want to get my MOM franchise going! Going to wait on your final results and get rolling AGAIN
Old 03-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #43
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

Good to see you again TGreer....you're right about the HRs. I'm the same, I like to have my stats are realistic as possible. The main concern we have at present seems to be the number of WPs which cause the advancement of runners in certain situations. Unfortunately this is part of the AI which we can't do anything about via sliders. We've posted it on the bugs forum to see if SCEA can reduce it's occurence.

I'm getting to a point where I'm pretty happy with the results. I've spent my final holiday today watching loads of cpu v cpu games using my settings. Seeing loads of variation in hits/scores per game.....just watched Seattle come back from 6-1 down after 7 to beat the A's 8-6. Yet another game saw the Giants defeat the Rockies 1-0...the second successive 1-0 game between the two teams.

What I'm rolling with is: All default except

Power -1 (from default)
Timing -2
Solid Hits -4
Starter Stamina +1
Pitch speed Max
Field Errors +1
Steal Freq +3

This is for both human & cpu - just in case it affects home & away like it did in the past.

Hope that helps, give them a go and see what you think. All sliders are subjective to what we want to achieve, my ideas will be different to Dai's - which is good - however, I think we're pretty close as to where we are going, give or take the odd difference.

I know Dai is currently testing the pitcher consistency slider and I'm still may drop the steal success slider a touch too to allow for more attempts to be caught.

Last edited by Ninjoid; 03-14-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:07 PM   #44
td7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Are you guys seeing a variety of outs, such grounders and flys.....Feels like I'm seeing alot flyball outs.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #45
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by td7
Are you guys seeing a variety of outs, such grounders and flys.....Feels like I'm seeing alot flyball outs.
Yes reasonably....plenty of flys and ground outs. Haven't noticed anything too alarming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #46
Rookie

DaiYoung's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
I know Dai is currently testing the pitcher consistency slider and I'm still may drop the steal success slider a touch too to allow for more attempts to be caught.
Yep I'm going to experiment with that slider tomorrow. I'l try dropping it to zero for the day and see what happens. Looking for a way to get more walks since they become somewhat scare once you curb the CPU offense. Hopefully the effect on WP won't be too severe but that might be wishful thinking - Rick Ankiel's record might be under threat.

As for the CPU hitting sliders, I reckon I'm going to settle at something like Power -2 or -1, Solid Hits default. I've almost finished the 50 game trial with both sliders at -2 and runs per game per team is only 3.19, MLB average in '10 was 4.38.

Variety of outs seems fine to me although I must admit I'm not keeping that data. If you read Nomo's thread he's keeping track of fly balls, ground balls - all is OK iirc.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:37 PM   #47
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiYoung
Yep I'm going to experiment with that slider tomorrow. I'l try dropping it to zero for the day and see what happens. Looking for a way to get more walks since they become somewhat scare once you curb the CPU offense. Hopefully the effect on WP won't be too severe but that might be wishful thinking - Rick Ankiel's record might be under threat.

As for the CPU hitting sliders, I reckon I'm going to settle at something like Power -2 or -1, Solid Hits default. I've almost finished the 50 game trial with both sliders at -2 and runs per game per team is only 3.19, MLB average in '10 was 4.38.

Variety of outs seems fine to me although I must admit I'm not keeping that data. If you read Nomo's thread he's keeping track of fly balls, ground balls - all is OK iirc.
I wouldn't bring consistency to zero. Go 2 or 3 to start. This is a very sensitive slider. Even one click is noticeable.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:04 PM   #48
Dual Threat

Joey Sauce's Arena

OVR: 15

Hey guys, I have been playing CPU vs CPU games since the first day this came out and thought I was alone in my quest haha..glad to see I was wrong.

From my experience so far I have noticed these couple things:

1: I saw too many steals with some teams like the Mets and then none with the Giants - I guess it varies by team. Also because some teams steal too agressively i saw too many caught stealings - (there should be like 1 every 4 games and i saw 2 in one game)

2: No HBP, I have yet to see even one

3: too many throwing errors, not enough fielding errors

4: Saw two complete games by SPs in a 6 game span..that just doesnt happen - according to 2010 MLB stats, there was a complete game thrown once every 27 games -maybe raise manager hook or lower sp stamina?

5: also, too many double plays

-anyone have a solid slider set that they have been getting legitimately realistic cpu vs cpu?

Last edited by Joey Sauce; 03-14-2011 at 10:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »