Home

Old 03-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #33
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: CPU vs CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
Perhaps editing the catcher's could help? Or maybe PM a Dev, or create a thread in General Discussion so the Devs are at least made aware and could possibly patch it.

Why not? There gonna make a patch anyway. You should at least make sure they know this. It's one thing that sliders can't fix.
How often do they release patches? If they do it only once or twice within a month or two of the release date, it of course is better to let them be aware of issues early regardless of SCEA does anything about it (their choice).
Old 03-13-2011, 03:34 PM   #34
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
How often do they release patches? If they do it only once or twice within a month or two of the release date, it of course is better to let them be aware of issues early regardless of SCEA does anything about it (their choice).
Let's put it this way:

Don't expect any patches mid-June.

If you have the data, make them aware. No sooner, no later.

*EDIT* The more I think of it, I'm not certain of the date of the final patch last year. Does anyone remember? Either way, they'll start working on 12' pretty quickly.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 03-13-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:15 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 14

We had a similar issue last year too.

I think WP is something we have to deal with one way or another. They happen too much even at Consistency at MAX. So we have to just ignore it and make peace with the fact that getting the proper K/BB is more important to a sim game.

With that in mind, considering that the CPU is closer to the marksman side of the spectrum, I wouldn't even think about raising Consistency or Control.

If anything, I seem to think that keeping Control at Default is best for now, and Consistency to either stay at Default also or move down 1 or 2 clicks.

Just my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2011, 04:27 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

when are the cpu vs cpu sliders gonna be available
Old 03-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
We had a similar issue last year too.

I think WP is something we have to deal with one way or another. They happen too much even at Consistency at MAX. So we have to just ignore it and make peace with the fact that getting the proper K/BB is more important to a sim game.

With that in mind, considering that the CPU is closer to the marksman side of the spectrum, I wouldn't even think about raising Consistency or Control.

If anything, I seem to think that keeping Control at Default is best for now, and Consistency to either stay at Default also or move down 1 or 2 clicks.

Just my opinion.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Nice to see you around these parts again, ParisB!

I agree. Control 'should', based on previous installments, raise BA if lowered...we don't want that.

The issue is strikes getting a large chunk of the plate in hitters counts. I'm dropping CPU consistency by two clicks for my played games to see how it goes.

Hopefully, I don't see a large decrease in strike percentage. At the moment, I have 2 percentage points to play with.

I may also increase fielding errors one click.

BTW...I'm loving 11' so far!
Old 03-13-2011, 04:59 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Nice to see you around these parts again, ParisB!

I agree. Control 'should', based on previous installments, raise BA if lowered...we don't want that.

The issue is strikes getting a large chunk of the plate in hitters counts. I'm dropping CPU consistency by two clicks for my played games to see how it goes.

Hopefully, I don't see a large decrease in strike percentage. At the moment, I have 2 percentage points to play with.

I may also increase fielding errors one click.

BTW...I'm loving 11' so far!
No offense mate, but if you are playing your games then it kind of defeats the purpose of posting here. This is for CPU vs CPU play, User vs CPU is a different beast with the players skill determining outcomes instead of the AI
Old 03-13-2011, 05:05 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShow2010
when are the cpu vs cpu sliders gonna be available
They are already posted if you look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
Dai - mine are remarkably very similar to yours...I have reduced the pitcher consistency slider back to default, otherwise I'm looking like this...all default except for:

Power -1
Timing -2
Solid Hits -4
Starter stamina +1
Pitch Speed +5 (not that it really matters)
Fielding Errors +1
Steal Freq +3

I'm adjusting the Human sliders by the same as well - just in case.

Still undecided upon starter stamina @ default or +1
Same for pitcher consistency...seeing too many WPs at default...walks seemed ok at +1..considering putting this back at +1 and increasing solid hits by 1...but carrying on with the above at present.

Still experimenting...glad the fast play option is faster this year, can get through games now in an hour or under.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
No offense mate, but if you are playing your games then it kind of defeats the purpose of posting here. This is for CPU vs CPU play, User vs CPU is a different beast with the players skill determining outcomes instead of the AI
The bolded part is not completely accurate.

Notice that:

A. I've never made it NOT clear how I play.

B. I'm only posting trends on CPU determined outcomes...ones with ZERO or practically no user input.

C. The CPU logic...errors for instance, has no baring on whether or not a controller is in my hand.

D. I'm seeing THE SAME trends. It's not a coincidence. Trust me. I have a pretty solid understanding of the system.

Take my opinions or don't take my opinions. That's up to you. I allow the CPU to control almost all aspects of the game. As a result, I'm only commenting on those facets. CPU consistency is a slider that will impact the user/CPU equally.

The system is designed, in case you don't know (not trying to be a jerk, just making this clear) to allow the user to have the SAME results as the CPU. It's just up to the user to execute...I.E. take pitches, not chase, etc.

It's the same basic engine. There is no CPU to CPU engine, with a seperate CPU to USER engine...

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 03-13-2011 at 05:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »