Home

How MLB 14 The Show RTTS Changes Are Bleeding Into Other Modes with New Screenshots

This is a discussion on How MLB 14 The Show RTTS Changes Are Bleeding Into Other Modes with New Screenshots within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2014, 06:01 PM   #33
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How MLB 14 The Show RTTS Changes Are Bleeding Into Other Modes with New Screensho

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Just curious, haven't read most of the artivle or thread.

But, what is the benefit to choosing to not be drafted. Better attributes next try or simply just another shot at the games?

I'm assuming its just a trade of between

A) start out of HS with lower attributes, but more years technically to develop
B) head start on attributes, but less years technically to develop
id go with A just because id prefer my player to be younger when he gets in the bigs
Old 03-14-2014, 06:47 PM   #34
Rookie

tom180's Arena

OVR: 0
I wonder if they'll include the SCG?
Old 03-14-2014, 06:52 PM   #35
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Re: How MLB 14 The Show RTTS Changes Are Bleeding Into Other Modes with New Screensho

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
id go with A just because id prefer my player to be younger when he gets in the bigs
I have no idea how the system works, but it could make sense for it maybe to be there to give a bit of a speed up to the RTTS timeframe. Since theoretically a player out of college can be MLB ready before a HS player. I doubt the game would give that much of a boost to the college player so you could still catch up on the three year advantage in age if you start out of HS. You can usually make the MLB in 2-3 years in RTTS from AA. Unless maybe out of HS you start on the bench in AA like past years and college players start in the lineup. Still wouldn't make up for the age gap though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2014, 08:53 PM   #36
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I have no idea how the system works, but it could make sense for it maybe to be there to give a bit of a speed up to the RTTS timeframe. Since theoretically a player out of college can be MLB ready before a HS player. I doubt the game would give that much of a boost to the college player so you could still catch up on the three year advantage in age if you start out of HS. You can usually make the MLB in 2-3 years in RTTS from AA. Unless maybe out of HS you start on the bench in AA like past years and college players start in the lineup. Still wouldn't make up for the age gap though.
Last year i made it to the Show at the end of my first year as an 18 year old pitcher, and was starting the next year at 19. So it'll be interesting to see how this effects things like that. I actually like it though.

Old 03-15-2014, 01:47 AM   #37
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Last year i made it to the Show at the end of my first year as an 18 year old pitcher, and was starting the next year at 19. So it'll be interesting to see how this effects things like that. I actually like it though.
Even when I develop my players really fast I can sometimes not make it to the MLB despite being an 80+ player for a year+ . If a guy is having a monster year in the minors and is MLB ready typically a team will find a place for him.

Its something I hope in the future there are options for less control over your destiny. If a player has an MLB ready bat they'll figure out a way to utilize him. So for instance if my RTTS player was mimicking Javier Baez it would be awesome if at some point you have a meeting with the GM and they let you know that they feel you are blocked at SS for the near future and are moving you to 3B. It can be an option, but I'd actually like the challenge of being forced by the organization to follow certain development paths like a real prospect would.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 03-15-2014 at 01:50 AM.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:18 AM   #38
Rookie

Teigh Cubs Teigh's Arena

Quote:
So for instance if my RTTS player was mimicking Javier Baez it would be awesome if at some point you have a meeting with the GM and they let you know that they feel you are blocked at SS for the near future and are moving you to 3B. It can be an option, but I'd actually like the challenge of being forced by the organization to follow certain development paths like a real prospect would.
I would love that as well. It would add some realism to it. Plenty of prospects are forced into a position change when they come up and it would be interesting to see that implemented.

One thing I'm wondering about, can you still choose what team you get put on? I sometimes enjoy making myself a pitcher with the Cubs and wonder if that is still a possibility or if I have to take my chances with the draft.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:10 AM   #39
Rookie

riotmonster's Arena

Thank god advancement goals are gone. And the interactions may actually work now. Sweet.

Broadcast mode should be back, and hopefully my reigning MVPs don't go unsigned after a few years in every RTTS I play.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #40
Rookie

hysteria499's Arena

OVR: 3

Can't wait to see some video on this. I know its been said its coming soon. RTTS is pretty much the feature I play in the show. And it is so great seeing that they don't forget about this mode like other games tend to do. *coughs* Madden *coughs* Its great to see that they strive to improve every year. Not just on this mode but the other modes as well. The new feature how you can base your player after a big league player. Or even go to college and the rookie show case like feature is something we have been asking for. And it seems like they have delivered. Every year SCEA makes a believer out of me so I buy this game year in and year out. I will continue to do so for as long as they make the game. Thanks for not forgetting the people who play and making such great games. I am so hyped for this to come out I smile every time I check in for new features.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »