Home

How MLB 14 The Show RTTS Changes Are Bleeding Into Other Modes with New Screenshots

This is a discussion on How MLB 14 The Show RTTS Changes Are Bleeding Into Other Modes with New Screenshots within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2014, 10:47 AM   #41
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22
So I could take Derek Jeter for example and play with him from the start of his career again? Sounds amazing!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2014, 10:52 AM   #42
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: How MLB 14 The Show RTTS Changes Are Bleeding Into Other Modes with New Screensho

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
So I could take Derek Jeter for example and play with him from the start of his career again? Sounds amazing!
Modeled after him, not really Jeter. There will still be a real Jeter as well I think.

It would be nice if there was an option to remove the person you patterned off of from the roster.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 03-15-2014, 01:28 PM   #43
Rookie

hysteria499's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: How MLB 14 The Show RTTS Changes Are Bleeding Into Other Modes with New Screensho

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
from the way it sounds its your character modeled after him. he can look like him same equipment and batting stance etc.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:27 PM   #44
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

Im looking forward to this mode a lot. Favorite part of MLBTS along with a fictional franchise. And looking forward to player lock in my new fictional franchise as well. This sounds very exciting.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:40 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
Im looking forward to this mode a lot. Favorite part of MLBTS along with a fictional franchise. And looking forward to player lock in my new fictional franchise as well. This sounds very exciting.
How do you set up a fictional franchise?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2014, 12:49 AM   #46
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
How do you set up a fictional franchise?
I'd assume he's referring to the roster used in franchise. Some people use historic rosters, others recreate their high school team. When I see people say fictional as it pertains to franchise or rosters I assume it is any roster that is not a realistic represenatation of the MLB.

You can also have a MLB draft or alter the DH rule if you want.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:09 AM   #47
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Guys overwrite all real players with fictional ones.
No predetermined ideas on players....it's very interesting.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-17-2014, 10:18 AM   #48
Rookie

Teigh Cubs Teigh's Arena

OVR: 0

Another thing I'd like to hear about:

Does the difference in your potential in RTTS have a bearing on your development? I'm guessing that it will, otherwise it would make sense to just keep everyone at an A again. I'm assuming that it'll cost more training points to raise each individual attribute when you have a lower potential rating.

I'm hoping that it's not something where you progress at the same rate but have a cap on how far you can progress so slower progression is what makes sense in my head, but I would love to hear what role the new potentials have on the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Guys overwrite all real players with fictional ones.
No predetermined ideas on players....it's very interesting.

M.K.
Knight165
I played with it a bit last year and it was pretty fun. I'm hoping to contribute quite a bit to the efforts this year and I highly suggest it to anyone who is even halfway interested. It has some issues (every player basically starts out in his "rookie year" even as a 32 year old and what have you) but as a whole it's fun to play without my own thoughts and biases on how a player's career should turn out or what his value should be in a trade getting in the way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »