Home

How MLB 14 The Show RTTS Changes Are Bleeding Into Other Modes with New Screenshots

This is a discussion on How MLB 14 The Show RTTS Changes Are Bleeding Into Other Modes with New Screenshots within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2014, 05:20 PM   #49
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: How MLB 14 The Show RTTS Changes Are Bleeding Into Other Modes with New Screensho

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
How do you set up a fictional franchise?
Sorry I didnt respond but a few others have (GF just had a baby)

A fictional franchise is exactly what Knight said. Its a roster with all fictional players in all levels. There has been a very good roster done and tweaked for a few years, but this year im actually creating my own with a little help. The public version will be available in the roster section eventually, The players will have names only from the name database, realistic ethnic breakdown by position and league overall, realistic heights and weights with attributes and secondary positions based on all the previous criteria. Its awesome to use for an RTTS because you learn the league as you play and advance.

The slant Im bringing to my personal franchise is an entire organization that only has replacement level or below players..so C's,D's and F potential players with mediocre or below ratings where I'll have to trade, draft and develop players to get anywhere near a competitive team..and with player lock I can use my created player and still control a franchise as a GM.

THANKS AGAIN SCEA!!!
Old 03-19-2014, 05:25 PM   #50
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: How MLB 14 The Show RTTS Changes Are Bleeding Into Other Modes with New Screensho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teigh Cubs Teigh
Another thing I'd like to hear about:

Does the difference in your potential in RTTS have a bearing on your development? I'm guessing that it will, otherwise it would make sense to just keep everyone at an A again. I'm assuming that it'll cost more training points to raise each individual attribute when you have a lower potential rating.

I'm hoping that it's not something where you progress at the same rate but have a cap on how far you can progress so slower progression is what makes sense in my head, but I would love to hear what role the new potentials have on the experience.

I played with it a bit last year and it was pretty fun. I'm hoping to contribute quite a bit to the efforts this year and I highly suggest it to anyone who is even halfway interested. It has some issues (every player basically starts out in his "rookie year" even as a 32 year old and what have you) but as a whole it's fun to play without my own thoughts and biases on how a player's career should turn out or what his value should be in a trade getting in the way.
I had an issue with this as well and also found that because they were rookies the contracts were league minimums basically and made it hard to get into until 6 years in when free agents became more abundant. I have talked to some people on the forum and have heard there may be a decent assortment of editable guys with playing time...and because potential is editable this year, I plan to make my roster have most of the league as non rookies and as long as the "work around" is still in I will be adjusting starting contracts to reflect real life..may take a little longer but well worth the realism...hoping to use the franchise for a long time with the carry over feature.

There may be other projects going on but if anyone wants to help out or get info PM me or check out the thread in the rosters section, more will be posted as PS3 version comes out.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:13 AM   #51
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
Sorry I didnt respond but a few others have (GF just had a baby)

A fictional franchise is exactly what Knight said. Its a roster with all fictional players in all levels. There has been a very good roster done and tweaked for a few years, but this year im actually creating my own with a little help. The public version will be available in the roster section eventually, The players will have names only from the name database, realistic ethnic breakdown by position and league overall, realistic heights and weights with attributes and secondary positions based on all the previous criteria. Its awesome to use for an RTTS because you learn the league as you play and advance.

The slant Im bringing to my personal franchise is an entire organization that only has replacement level or below players..so C's,D's and F potential players with mediocre or below ratings where I'll have to trade, draft and develop players to get anywhere near a competitive team..and with player lock I can use my created player and still control a franchise as a GM.

THANKS AGAIN SCEA!!!
Really looking forward to this!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2014, 02:06 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 0

In mlbts 13 were rtts training points based upon xp earned and then assigned to various attribues?
Old 03-20-2014, 03:28 PM   #53
Rookie

hysteria499's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
In mlbts 13 were rtts training points based upon xp earned and then assigned to various attribues?
yeah. you earned points from a game then put them into what stat you wanted to raise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »